Anyone got info on a decent bandwidth monitor?

Ugh

With Sympatico squeezing us for every dollar it seems, it looks like I've got to keep an eye on bandwidth. Anyone got any info on a decent meter/utility for doing this?

Thanks

:)

gogo

I use Net Usage which is a Firefox addon.

It simply sits next to the menu up the top of Firefox's browser and it works a treat. :P

While it doesn't list Sympatico it does say

this meter can be adapted for any country's ISP who provides a XML usage data feed
:drool:

stubbs

Oh this is something we really need. Now that the evil Bell corp is squeezing us for nickle and dime. We hates Bell... >.< Since the arrival of my brother there are now 3 of us on a 60GB limit and we're finding it not quite enough and if we go over our limit then Bell, aka Demon spawn!, will happily smack us with a $1.50/GB charge. So what's really needed is a Network administrative tool for monitoring the total bandwidth usage of each pc that is connected to our 2Wire modem/router.

Stop downloading pron gogo! :drool:

Stop downloading pron gogo! :P

oh, you stop projecting you

;)

gogo

p.s. 1.50 a gig... man, when'd the net get so expensive? :drool:

p.s.s. yarasa, Stubbie, thanks for the info...I'm going over both now, and will report back with how they work. Never thought about FF having it for an addon.... love our little browser :P

Sorry for the double post. Someone at another forum I posted this question on says that this is pretty awesome too.

http://www.paessler.com/download/prtg6

As Brad said, we're having to look at networking now, as we have three, and bandwidth is so important. The product I just found allows us to monitor up to three for free.

Woot!

:drool:

gogo

Ugh

With Sympatico squeezing us for every dollar it seems, it looks like I've got to keep an eye on bandwidth. Anyone got any info on a decent meter/utility for doing this?

Thanks

:drinks:

gogo

Sympatico? Get Rogers, the support quality and everything is so much better and my upload and download speeds almost doubled with rogers and sympatico charges WAY to much for there internet

Sympatico? Get Rogers, the support quality and everything is so much better and my upload and download speeds almost doubled with rogers and sympatico charges WAY to much for there internet

We're workin on it. I'm planning on dumping Bell as soon as my contract is over.

It's Tek Saavy here from now on.

http://www.teksavvy.com/en/content.asp?ID=9&mID=1

Canada's Internet Darling has scored a place in me heart

:drinks:

gogo

Disconnection fee is 100.00 for breaking contract

$100!! WHAT!! thats outrageous I hope your contract ends soon =)

my sat inet is $375us for cancelation fee when I checked last month

It's actually super simple, Berkkley...just the way I like it. The box that pops up and stays on my screen if I want it too is any size I want. I use this one here:

bmonitor.jpg

It gives me a summary of stats my choice:

Summary, Daily Report, Weekly Report, Monthly Report.

Since turning it on this morning I've gone through 66.61 mb total...that includes up and downloads.

Didn't get any big downloads today, just normal browsing.

I'm pleased

:)

gogo