What does music mean for you?

Hey folks! :lol:

I had some experience about some people who have been convicted because of the music he/she listening to.

Regarding this I wanted to ask everyone's private opinion.

-What does music mean for you?

-Does it take a bigger or smaller part of your life?

-What does it help for you? Like relaxing etc...

-Have you been convicted because of your music.

And many more regarding questions.

I'd say music is very important to me as I listen to music every day. At home, at work, and in my car. Which type of music I listen to varies from day to day. Some days I like to listen to metal while other days I'd rather listen to music like Pink Floyd or Dire Straits for instance. Guess it depends on my mood. :P

I don't think it's possible to be convicted for one's music taste here in Norway.

Cheers :lol:

I'd also say that music is very important to me, I listen to it almost all the time when I can.

The types I listen to vary but its mainly metal, but it varies on my mood (as does the subgenre of metal, heh)

Sometimes I'll listen to Pendulum or The Clash or Reverend & The Makers, others its metal :lol:/

It's possible to be convicted for taste in music O.o where?!

:P

~Doom

Oh yes it IS possible. I've seen it before.

And there are also, who mis-understand a musical style. ppl say Satanist for those who like metal. Well not everyone, but there are.

Music is a focal point of sorts in my life. It can help with emotional pain or just when I need to relax. It's important for almost everyone to some degree I think. As to a conviction or an arrest, I never have but here in the states you really can't get arrested for taste in music but you can for the volume you play it at (disturbing the peace, causing a public nuisance).

k sorry Lord helped me to realize that this is a mis-understand. :lol:

I didn't mean like convicted by the law. I meant like a ppl convict an other one. I meant to ostracize someone.

Damn dictionary said that word :P

Edit: vocabulary dictionary

Edited by tomi

Thanks for the clarification Tomi, It's hard to be completely ostracized here in the states due to a diverse culture. but if you move from one region of the states to another you can find one type of music is more popular than another and due to exposure tastes can be broadened. thats why I like the Currently listening to thread, I enjoy finding new song and music styles to enjoy. I had a radio show at my local collage station and my taste in music exploded at that time and so did my parents.

Music, music, music. Music is veeeery big part of my life, I usually listen to music all the time, maybe not only metal (it depends what mood I currently have), but there are ppl who don't avoid to call me a satanist. Yes, yes. I'm not a satanist and rather I don't care about what they say. Often they're just ignorants.

When I'm listening to music, everything become easier - drawing, writing, even translating :) And also I like singing, so it's nice idea to spend some time. Usually a few hours :D

Ah, and there's one more interesting thing. From my point of view it's funny. I don't remember when last time I bought no-black clothes; I don't like sunny weather (I wrote somewhere that it's because I get sunburns a few years ago), so some folks from my village call me a witch. LOL.

Music is a big part, but means practically nothing. It's just running in the background 24/7 so I usually forget that I actually am listening to music.

When I was a teenager every song I heard was talking to me!

When I was in my early twenties every song I heard was a mind explosion of weird guitar riffs and synthesiser screeches.

When I was in my late twenties every song I heard was used to dance to and pick up women.

When I was in my early thirties every song I heard was either devoted to my wife or had something to do with the Wiggles.

When I was in my late thirties every song I heard was part of a computer game.

When I was in my early forties every song I heard was sung around a campfire.

When I was in my late forties every song I heard was sung at a karaoke night.

Now in my early fifties every song I hear isn't as good as what I heard when I was a teenager.

:D

stubbs

I love that Stubbie - brilliant.

I have a house full of recorded music, from old 78's to current stuff. We hardly ever listen to it - big waste, but we're always too busy. Can't stand background music. If it is on I have to sit and listen. Same with radio and tv. So its never on in the car, too distracting and I need to know what is happening around me. Same in the street.

But we partake - we sing. Folk and jazz to classical choral. Thats our bit of social life and one of our real pleasures. Pleasure in sharing and harmonising. Its not a noise to shut out the rest of the world, its something to take part in and get immersed in -and no need to sweat blood learning an instrument. It's a bit like I loved playing sport but get bored watching other people. Not the same being a spectator.

Edited by Bondbug