BGPA first meeting today

Welcome to the first meeting of Brower Game Players Anonymous ....

Hi My name is Genenut and I have 7 browser games going right now .... I have been addicted for more days/weeks than I have fingers...

Currently I play 2 accounts at bite fight, one acct at fallensword, 3 diff games over at myspace (mobsters, heroes and dragon wars) and thanks to lord am now also playing battle knight...

I am having a hard time finding time to play oblivion, sacred and guild wars.....

Can anyone give me a suggestion to wean my addiction? or is there no hope .....

Well Im off to take another turn in many of them , they are calling to me , loudly enough I cant hear the usual voices in my head ..... HELP! ;-)

Hi, my name is Lord and I too am a browser game addict.

I don't play as many as Mom/Genenut but I have my regulars. Bight fight, Battle Knight, O game and Heros at My Space.

The only hope is to NOT START ANY MORE New Games no matter how interesting they sound. (except maybe that new star trek one thats in another thread) But No More than that.

As to finding time that can only be done by budgeting it. Send vamp and knight to work for the same numbers of hour you want to play the other games.

It's too late for us, the only way to help us is a prolonged power outage......

... a prolonged power outage ...

I guess I am beyond hope then. All my systems have overpowered UPS's which have been able to see me through every power outage so far without having to turn anything off. :)

I am Putrescine and I used to be a browser game addict too.

Until I realized it controlled my life completely, so now. Whenever I feel like playing browser games now I buy a crate of beer and drink about 3 6-packs. Then I can just sit down on my chair and realize... HeY! I can't see which letter is which. Which makes it impossible for me to play

*pulls up a chair*

Hi my name is gogoblender. And I used to be a browser game addict too. :)

A few years ago, at another forum, I started playing Ogame. My first browser game. It started off innocently, made lots of friends while playing it, and being able to log into it without having to buy software was compelling, and it was easy, innocuous fun.

Two years later after hundreds (more? :o) I was finally able to kick the habit. There is a world out there with sun, clouds and yes...on nice days, even a blue sky.

Of course, there are always other addictions out there. The name of this new one is called M-M-O-R-P-G

To all of you under the yoke of the tyrannical overlords called browser games... only one word to help...

run!

:P

gogo

Hi umm.. Is this the BGPA meet?

Hi my name is Schot and the last time I BG'ed was over a year ago. *claps in the background* Thank you, thank you. It was a slow progression into the depths BG'dom. I didn't really want to but I felt pressured. All the cool kids were doing it and I didn't want to marked as a "loser" or "geek" so I did it too. At first it was just a sort of fun little thing to do once in a while. A social activity done for a short time a day but over time it became much much more. In a matter of months I was completely hooked. Waking up in the middle of the night to get a fix. I told myself, convinced myself even, that it was neccesary. People were counting on me! I mean someones gotta fly those ships right?! *breathes deeply* Occasionally I would even call home when away and demand that someone at home check my status and have them report to me. Then have them carry out BG commands. It got so bad that I couldn't go without a fix for longer than 30 minutes! It was at that point that I realized I needed help. Thanks to the tobacco company I am now finally free after following their 12 step "Get hooked to us instead!" program. And I've never felt better! Whew! *poofs on smoke* *cough cough hack weeze*

Now if you'll excuse me I have a SA meeting to attend to...

*walks into next room*

Hi ummm... Is this the Smokers Anonymous meeting? :(