QUICK QUESTION - Flameskin and leach

If I have flameskin on my battlemage, and put some leach runes in sockets, will I get leach when flameskin does damage?

also - with the leach, what does the % rate refer to? damage done, or mobs life?

thanks!

Calleas

Leech gives you x% of all damage you deal directly, be it by Flameskin, melee/ranged combat, combat art or spell. It does NOT leech open wounds, burning bone effects or residual poison (I can't speak for the icon set because I've never had the whole set).

The % refers to damage dealt, so 5% leech = 5 of every 100 damage dealt... there can be issues with 1hit-KOs and final blows, I suspect that the issue is that you leech either 5% of your blow or 5% of remaining life, whichever is smaller (for death hits) and so people end up not leeching what they expected (5% leech of 1million damage won't be 50,000 health if the monster only started with 1k)

Leech is pretty important in Sacred. There's no dedicated healer class, and the alternative is swigging pots every monster or perhaps even half-way through a battle.

The game stands on it's own as Single Player, so pretty much every toon needs a way of getting back hp or die.

:D

gogo

Leech is pretty important in Sacred. There's no dedicated healer class, and the alternative is swigging pots every monster or perhaps even half-way through a battle.

The game stands on it's own as Single Player, so pretty much every toon needs a way of getting back hp or die.

:P

gogo

You can build a BM as a dedicated healer. Would be boring to play and he may need assistance to level. Give him a HUGE GM a healthy serving of healing runes as well as a nice level of stone skin, flame skin and waterform. He can stay hidden on the battle field and heal/buff party members.

True

But think of all the fireballs and ice shards he'd be missing out on

It's too bad there's no monsters in Sacred that absolutely need a full team all dealing out damage and a dedicated healer... would have really made for some wonderful online management and team organization.

gogo

Edit: Curious...about how much healing could a bm actually do? Is he capable of party heals, insta- heals per toon, or gradual heals on a person at a time?

gogo

You can build a BM as a dedicated healer. Would be boring to play and he may need assistance to level. Give him a HUGE GM a healthy serving of healing runes as well as a nice level of stone skin, flame skin and waterform. He can stay hidden on the battle field and heal/buff party members.

In high levels healing is impossible. Think about it. A golem can kill you in 2 secs by an attack combat art. 'till you try to cast the spell they target dies, kills the golem, or leaches the life back. Also, it's only as boring as a healer in Requiem. (sry enci :P )

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Hits in Sacred can really be HUGE. Sacred's inception as a a single player standlone has made it so that toons sort of really do need the leech because damage can come in and go out so fast. The fact that no single part of the game can every be only mp makes it so that a healer class was sort of put by the wayside...too bad.

The tipoff here is the life leech. If a game has it, I'm coming to think that a healer class won't be created with each toon being able to self-heal.

Ergo?

... no real team kills needed?

hmmm, wondering how Sacred 2 is going to handle this.

:unsure:

gogo

I remember reading somewhere that someone from Ascaron had said that there was going to be monsters SO hard to kill, that we'd need peeps. But in regards to balancing...how would it be possible to actually have a monster in game with the fact that the game's gotta be able to be conquered single-handedly...

Unless...and I'm just thinking out loud here... in Mp monsters actually acted differently, had WAY more hp...or perhaps they'd have to create content that was only accessible online for multiplay?

Lots of questsion...sigh... Sacred 2 come faster, will ya

:unsure:

gogo

Yeah well everything we'll find out in Sept. Hopefully...

Edit: Thats the way how to get from flameskin and Life leach to Sacred 2 :unsure:

Edited by tomi

A Healing BM? Well. He wouldn't just cast Spiritual Healing, nor just Reiki (hit point regeneration of Reiki is lower in combat than out of it.)

A healer would also cast a choice of Stoneskin, Flameskin, Ghost Meadow, Shieldwall... Whatever protection boost would be the best. Stoneskin is a favourite since it greatly boost physical resistance... but Flameskin protects from arrows and really helps out during a Dragon fight... Ghost Meadow puts the players into powerdrive mode where their CAs regenerate amazingly fast... and Shieldwall boosts Magic resistance and blocks projectile weapons...

A BM in a party is player heaven... pure and simple.

A BM in a party is player heaven... pure and simple.

And a seraphim too ^^ Both have incredible Buffs to offer other players... though the BM's Ghost meadow has to be my number one favorite hands down.

Nothing like having a friendly BM cast it on you and have your regens drop down to scant seeming milliseconds

:(

gogo