Is she real or animation character?

What do you think.. is this girl on the video real or is it really animation.. as I can't tell, which is bit scary but really cool.

I think animation has taken some huge steps from this (which I consider one of the most beautiful graphics on any animations)

Well

I knew she was weird, but I didn't know she was dead. Ob, this vid is crazy stuff. I knew we were getting there, but never this early.

Great find, and something to think hard about it huh

:P

gogo

I know what you mean by the "dead eyes" syndrome, Lucalain. It was all the talk regarding the critiques on Beowulf. However, in this instance, I would honestly have been fulled that this was a real live person. Weird...but still live.

And that's scary

:D

gogo

I didn't watch it HD/Fullscreen so some of the details were lost of course, but it likely would have fooled me. My girlfriend caught it the second time through when she knew it was animated, but she's studying in Digital Animation so she knew what to look for better than the common person (which I fall into in this case it would seem).

It is quite impressive...

I'd say it passes the Turing Test (well the equivalent thereof for appearance) although a longer clip might have had more slip-ups.

Schot mentionned something that helps with this girl coming off as being real...that the background is simple, and is not moving. And you're right, Zin, probably because the video's shortish, the illusion is even better. Then again...who wants to watch anything long these days either

They did a good job. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what's going to be happening ten years from now...er..maybe less?

:D

gogo