Trouble... again!

fRACTAL

This is less important than other troubles I have had, but it annoys me a lot, and I cannot find anything remotely similiar through google.

Basically, windows, and only windows explorer (when you open folders and stuff with, you know) and MSN so far don't display accents correctly.

Pic...

ugh.jpg

This Should Read "Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence"

Anyone have any idea at all what is causing this and how to fix it?!

:)

~Doom

Oh this isn't new or anything it appeared as soon as I reinstalled windows

Oh its it Firefox too, but hardly the same way, and for different characters, they display as boxes with numbers in

Edited by TimOfDoom

And how do I do that :P

This is one of the areas I'm computer illiterate in

:)

~Doom

If by encoding you mean the language packs in Regional and Language Settings, they're all on (all the avaliable ones)

Edited by TimOfDoom

I think you need to specify the default language used. Make sure its set to I think it European english otherwise you get yankee english and we dont have funny characters in our alphabet *lol*. the way thats displaying looks like when I go to a website that is natively japanese and the system tries to display using my western encoding. I have all the languages too but my system defaults to western (american) english.

I wish I knew more of where to point you to get the settings correct though :-(

Edited by Genenut

But I am set to United Kingdom english

:cow_white:

~Doom

P.S. However I clicked on it and set it to UK English again, and it said it would have to restart, so we shall see :D

Edited by TimOfDoom
  • 3 weeks later...

Solved, it was an error with the encoding of the letters in the downloads and rips and stuff, I just replaced them with the correct stuff, its fine now

:smart:

~Doom