Problems with English Sacred 2 Demo on Vista 64

Hey guys

Well, basically...it just won't run. I've now downloaded the file twice from two different sources, and have tried re-installing it a number of times, always after which I've made sure that the earlier downloads were wiped out.

I'm getting this message here from the comp :

demo-1.jpg

Has anyone here managed to get any of the demos to run on with vista 64 Athlon systems?

Here's my specs here:

* Vista Am2

* CPU AMD Athlon64 x2 5200+3.0

* mb AM2+ Asus m3a amd770 pcie

* Power 600w POWER ATX CM Extreme

* SIMM Kingston KVR 800 mhz ddrf no-ecc 2048mb kit (4 gigs ram)

* CRDVIDEO Asus PCIE GF9 EN8800gts 512m

If there's anyone else out there that's managed to get the demo going with Vista 64, would you be able to offer any advice?

Thanks

:Just_Cuz_12:

gogo

My friend has Vista 64 and no trouble installing or running the demo Gogo...I am not thinking it specifically a problem with Vista 64.

My home PC the demo runs fine..my laptop generates the same error you getting..both running Vista 32 Home. My laptop is not top of the line and has integrated sound and video..so I am assuming my laptop either is under required specs or driver issues.

So make sure your video and sound drivers are current. I know Nvidia just released updates not long ago.

Edited by Cygnus

Ah finally got gogo going. Whew! Only took about 4 hours lol. I'm going to start a new topic outlining what I did. Hopefully I can get it all sorted...

I'm fairly certain it was the audio driver but I had also changed the video driver at the same time so I honestly don't know which was the catalyst. Pretty sure it was the audio though.

Have fun gogo! :D

Hot Dang, I'm in. (Dang dumb sound schtuffs! :D)

And... this demo is REALLY good.

I'll make a post about what I like about it when I get home from work. Needless to say, Ascaron has a gem on their hands. The feeling of immersion is utterly incredible.

:)

gogo