Comparison of Sacred 2 graphic settings

Here is a site that has done some benchmarks of Sacred 2 with different graphic settings for your viewing pleasure.

The pictures that compare low and high quality settings might take some time to load.

In some cases I actually think the low setting looked better than the high setting :viking:

stubbs

I agree Stubbie. I don't care for the uberglowiness coming with the Extra High settings I think it looks rediculous, like we're playing some alien invasion game...

Plus, the low setting has the look and feel of the sacred we learned to love :viking:

Nice topic! And there's something I wanted to ask...what's the bottleneck on my system? I DO want the high graphics...I want it all! :viking: However...when I have everything going on highest possible and have the system run at 1200 x 1600...my mouse begins to lag. Not that much...but I'm demanding when it comes to the mouse. Also, when there are a ton of toons on screen...I'm sure I'm getting a frame loss. CAN this game possible be played at full full full with the gear available today?

What's holding me back from being able to run it at full?

Vista Am2

* CPU AMD Athlon64 x2 5200+3.0

* mb AM2+ Asus m3a amd770 pcie

* Power 600w POWER ATX CM Extreme

* SIMM Kingston KVR 800 mhz ddrf no-ecc 2048mb kit (4 gigs ram)

* CRDVIDEO Asus PCIE GF9 EN8800gts 512m

:)

gogo

I read something from carolyn or llama (cant remember which) that the mouse is software driven within the game in the demo but uses regular drivers (mouse specific) int he real thing... could be specific to the demo and the software.

Whew!

Gene, great info...and Llama, thanks for confirming that.

I was wondering if all the money spent on the system was wasted...

I guess I'll turn down a few settings till I get my hands on the retail.

Thanks you guys

gogo

Also, when there are a ton of toons on screen...I'm sure I'm getting a frame loss.

Use Fraps (I do) to find out what fps performance loss you are experiencing.

That way you can see what graphic options are causing you the most grief.

.......and thanks for successfully hijacking this thread so eloquently gogo :)

stubbs

.......and thanks for successfully hijacking this thread so eloquently gogo :lol:

stubbs

saweeeeeeeeeeeee :o

And...I got fraps, I got fraps...Sacred 2 moviedom...here ah come!

I'm hoping the mouse software's the bottleneck, once I've got the actual game, I can tinker with it from there.

Hopefully

:D

gogo