Dissapointed with Radiant Pillar

The sounds of this Combat Art are great. There's a swelling sound like a ringing that goes up and down, the WHOOSH is fantastic...and when you get a number of them going at once (so far with this novelty build I've been able to squeeze out four at a time...gunning for eight :viking:) you really do feel like god...but what happened to the graphics?

th_radiantpillar.jpg

:D

The effect of the beam hitting the ground is cool...and having it start off from her hand is neat idea...but the beam itself...flat, lifeless... couldn't they have at least made it sparkle or show some sort of interesting effect along the length of the beam? With all of the improvements in Graphic Magickery capable five years later...you would have thought that an effect that would have had us coo and wonder with satisfaction. It looks like a white cutout, dull, dead. :)

The Seraphim is Ascaron's Signature character, and the Radiant Pillar redux Celestial Light is THE most famous Combat Art in the game... what happened?

:)

gogo

It doesn't look all that bad. From looking at you shot it looks like some sort of disturbance near the bottom and there appears to be some color variation from the top to the bottom.

There is some sort of animation going on, right?

Now it's true that there is not much improvement over S1. There should be lightning running the length of the beam.

Now it's true that there is not much improvement over S1. There should be lightning running the length of the beam.

Yes, the light coruscates along the bottom where it is touching the land. Nice effect. But there really is not "feel" of anything running down the light.

This beam should be momentous and something that makes you stand back and say...

wow

:viking:

gogo

Perhaps the visual changes based on how the skill is modified, if at all? Not sure if anyone has had the opportunity to do that or not...or if there is a visual difference.

I've not tried, but I doubt it. I'd think that the only visual change you might get is with the mod that increases radius.

I think the pillar is quite simple, and I think it's good as it is. I also love that skill.

Oh and btw gogo, maybe I could use some of your tips in order to have more pillars at the same time (I never had more than 1). :tongue:

Max

Edited by metal_max64

heh, I was only able to get away with this many RP's this early in the game, only because the demo is so easy ^^. My last seraphim from Sacred was actually able to put 15 Celestial Lights on screen at once, with damage from each one being comparable to any others' CL's I'd compared to on the SIF in threads.

Yay WIDD!

I did it in the demo simply by adding all the points I could to the Celestial Magic Focus, and then, after I began receiving aspect points, took the upgrade that gives you a longer beam. This allowed the RP's to stay on screen longer so that the pic could be taken. I was actually only able to get up to three RP's at once... with Schot saying why not swig a Conc pot (which now in this game actually reduces your CA regen! :tongue:)....and voila...

Four RP's on screen at once. I did a few mistakes with the last build though, and this last seraphim can do 4, but I misplaced points accidentally while building out. I'm gonna start a new one again, and this time take her up to level ten ( boo to the demo timer! :P) and see how many we can get her to throw on screen at once.

She's pretty much just a novelty build though, more for fun to kill time till the retail version of the game gets here.

And...I'm still a little sore that Radiant Pillar doesn't look as hot I I believe it could look

gogo

with Schot saying why not swig a Conc pot (which now in this game actually reduces your CA regen! :D)....and voila...

Oh boy!...............how did I miss that little gem of information! :)

stubbs

with Schot saying why not swig a Conc pot (which now in this game actually reduces your CA regen! :D)....and voila...

Oh boy!...............how did I miss that little gem of information! :)

stubbs

Did you ask? ;)

I can see the conc pots as coming to be integral parts of builds. There's so much balancing of Ca regen times now....any help is great. A great improvement from their use in early Sacred as being only used for combo regens. Creativity is going to be great with this.

gogo

@ Gogo

Just wondering on what gfx setting you're on...when I started beta I was on low and upgraded my card during beta and was able to play on high settings. It was like playing a totally different game. I've haven't really played a seraphim so don't know if this would make a difference with RP

I actually have a pretty good card, 8800 gts nvidea, and I'm playing on 1200 x 1600 ^^

The whole game actually looks fantastic and all...I just think that the pillar looks too much like the one from Sacred. A few sparkles maybe... some rushing light down the pillar...

:thumbsup:

gogo