Sacred 2 Combat Art Demo Pics needed

Hey guys!

I'm just filling out the SacredWiki with pics that will be representative of a single Combat Art. If there are any of you that think you've got a great one that shows any class Combat Art well, and that could give peeps an idea of, after seeing it, what it does, please post in this thread here, and I'll add it (or you can :viking:) to the Wiki.

As an example, here are the ones I did for Radiant Pillar and Flaring Nova:

Radiant Pillar Combat Art

Flaring Nova Combat Art

I'm using Ifranview which means I have to switch out of the game to edit it...anyone know an easier way? So far, I'm only able to do one pic at a time becuase I'm copying to clip board.

Is there any way like in the old game where the game itself would save all pics taken in game to a folder I could get to after?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

That's actually what I'm using...but I can only get one pic at a time out of the game via clip board. It would be nice if I could take a series of pics within game that would then be saved somewhere. This way I wouldn't have to hope that the one pic I snap of a CA would be that perfect one.

gogo

ahhh, I got fraps. where does it save those pix to then...fraps folder?

gogo

Yep :o

oh and don't do what I was doing......leaving the Fraps default key for taking videos (F9) on. Every time I was quicksaving in Sacred 2 I was inadvertently taking a video.

Eventually C drive ended up complaining it was running out of space doh4jw.gif

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

I've got the fraps going, it's much more efficient than saving to the clipboard.

thanks for the suggestions guys

And if anyone has pics...post if you got em!

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Tips for Fraps: assign F11 key for screenshots, it's not used by Sacred. Also use PNG setting for best image quality.

I'll try to make a video of Pelting Strikes, a thousand screenshots cannot describe the true beauty of it :P

I hear ya Anti. Pelting Strikes (Or Attack from Sacred) was always one of my favorite Combat Arts period. I loved it's functionality, and it's damage....and the eye candy of the animations as well.

In Sacred 2, they're even better.

Looking forward to the clip

:P

gogo

Hmm my video skills are still in their early stages... I made an animated .gif instead, as I have a lot of experience with these files.

We can make a plain simple demonstration, but for now I decided to show off something more exotic. So, Pelting Strikes on a Dual Wield build (from my Jedi seraphim project :) ), almost 5 MB size:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/298205...825c6390e_o.gif

Yes, that's a single attack... :P:P Needless to say, the cooldown timer is not really an issue with this build, which allows for a lot of cool combinations... mind boggles...

Ah cool Antitrust, hahaha. Nice action going there. Would be awesome in youtube format for the CA page. *poke poke* :) I'd be happy to help you out with that!

Antitrust, very good video! You've really made a great demo video that shows off the CA well and with clarity.

I wish there was sound though, but for a demonstration video, it's a great pitch for Pelting Strikes.

gogo

Hehe I turned off sound recording to reduce size...

I could indeed use some help with youtubing it, but I can't quite figure how to compress it. The original source file is 200 MB, the cropped avi is like 45 MB, and if I use any sort of codec, I get total crap... I use VirtualDub.

Well surprisingly enough I had great luck with Videora. It isn't an uber tool by any means but for vids destined for Youtube it seemed to work perfectly. I do prefer VDub for most things but for short CA vids I think this will do nicely. If you'd like to try it you can download it ->Here<-. The link there will take you to a page that pops up the download prompt right away. You should have the latest Flash Player for it to run at it's best. There's a few quirky ads in it but I just ignore them.

• After install start up and Choose IPod Classic.
  • To the left you should see "Convert".
  • Click "Video File".
  • Near bottom right click "Convert new file".
  • Click "Power Mode".
  • Select your file
  • Choose settings. Here's what I went with. Gave decent results:
    VidSettings.jpg
  • Click "Start Converting" ( You may get an error. Just close error box and ignore)
  • Click the big blue "View Conversion Process"
  • When it completes check it out. The output directory will likely be the same as mine which you can see from my screenshot above. Unless you changed it of course.

Give that a go and in the meantime I'll try to put together a VDub tut. :)

P.s.

I'll need to create a new extension for youtubed CA vids but in the meantime you can test your youtube on the wiki using:

{{#ev:youtube|C8eCAAvfwFw}}

Replace "C8eCAAvfwFw" with the stuff that comes after "v=" from the address bar of your videos page.

This isn't working... I tried that program, but it keeps failing to convert, even after I close the error message.

Anyway, I managed to make a semi-decent mpeg, and uploaded it on youtube:

But youtube totally ruined it... Here is the original mpeg that I tried to upload (4,5 MB), much better quality:

http://rapidshare.com/files/158717556/pelt...strike.mpg.html

I think gif pictures are better, for the same file size.

Ah well it was worth a try. Videora is a tempermental piece. When it works it's amazing but then on some systems it simply won't. :(

Gif animations we're going to have to pass on. Major reason is that you can't control it and some users don't have the bandwidth to handle large gifs.

Can you tell me a bit about your video? Is the original a bit lagged like the compressed? Is it a video from screenshots put together?

VDub will have to do the trick I think although I did have some trouble with it on my Vista 64. Mostly because the drivers and codecs I was using were 32 bit and I needed 64 bit. Particularly LameMP3 and DivX.

Can you tell me what you tried using in VDub to compress your video Antitrust?

I tried saving in avi by selecting various codecs from a list, but the best I could do was 45 MB file size (or totally crappy quality). I then used Ulead Gif Animator to make the 5 MB mpeg clip that I uploaded to youtube and rapidshare.

It was made like this:

Capture in Fraps (25 fps) -> Cut useless frames in VDub, export image sequence -> Crop the frames in ImageReady -> Stitch the frames in Gif Animator for either gif or mpeg output.

The slow motion is the result of the default frame delay setting of the Animator. I can change it to make it move as fast as I want, though (plus, faster makes smaller files).

Well thanks to you all I am now able to take pics (I was put onto Fraps by Llama I think in another thread) so I will be trying to help out with combat art pics, uniques etc.

Is there a size limit or 'best size' that you can recommend so that I am making it easier for everyone? Hope to have some fun pics up soon.

The problem with youtube is that it recompresses the videos... How do people upload their stuff without having it ruined?

I made a mov (QuickTime) file this time (which is much better than other stuff I tried), but youtube still ruined it:

I also uploaded it on the Vimeo site that you have in the wiki, with much better results:

http://www.vimeo.com/2110526