Sacred 2 Elemental Damage

A few questions... first off, in Sacred 2... I know there's more different damage types, right? Can anyone here please list them? Also, do they have their own "effects" on us?

Like with a monster who has a lot of Fire damage, be able to effect a condition on us where we "burn" for a period of time?

Or are conditions and Elemental damages two different things?

:sigh:

gogo

Physical - not sure

Fire - "burn" damage over time

Magic - weaken

Ice - slow

Poison - poison damage over time

Yes, any elemental damage gives a small chance to cause the relevant effect. The more elemental damage you have, the greater your chance. Also, you can get Damage Lore to boost your chance for the elemental effect, get an item mod (one mod for each effect) to boost your chance & some Dryad runes give that mod.

That would be it. Ice's condition type is called Freeze I think. Also I believe that in order to inflict one of those four types of damage, (burn, weaken, freeze, poison), we will need to have an item or CA that has a modifier such as:

+% chance to *condition*

I'd need to double check that though. :sigh:

Edit:

Just realized I only half read your response Llama which means I pretty much said what you already did say, haha. yup, I needs sleeeep.

Also I believe that in order to inflict one of those four types of damage, (burn, weaken, freeze, poison), we will need to have an item or CA that has a modifier such as:

+% chance to *condition*

Nope, I've never had that mod. If you hover over the weapon damage in your inventory you'll see the % chance for each status effect.

I'm not sure I understand actually. It seems to me that there are two things here, right? Let's say we take fire. We could have a weapon that would deal out fire damage...and on top of that.... would there be a PERCENTAGE for this weapon to inflict a condition called Burning?

Or...Llama are you saying that just having that Fire Element on your weapon would ALSO let us have a chance to inflict a "burning" condition upon an enemy?

:tongue:

gogo

If you do fire damage, you have a % chance that the target will also take fire-based damage over time.

In the demo, equip a weapon that has fire damage & then hover over the weapon damage bit in the inventory, you'll see what I mean.