Sacred 2 Books

Ah man, I just finished typing out and editing "Orcish for Beginners" but you beat me to it. :)

I maybe should have told you I was going to start on in beforehand. Aw well, I'll just edit in the picture then.

This is fantastic...both of you have done wonderful work, thank you! And Amble...have you ever checked out how fast your wpm (word per minutes) is?

:o

I can't believe you two have done all the typing in one night... :)

The Books are now almost done... there is only one left; Book 3 - Two-handed Swords, and I'm not sure the info is there for it to be typed...so the search goes on for the last book!

;)

gogo

p.s. Of course, a question... since you guys did so much typing, you're as much in the know as the rest of us who started out on this project... do you guys think that some of these books actually have knowledge that is part of secrets that can be used in game? Take for example the gambling one:

The Winning Gambler ... if we actually pay jonah no finger a visit... could he actually show us how to "gamble" in Sacred? :o I ask because I love gambling in game...and if Sacred has a hidden way of doing it, it would be an awesome Easter egg!

Ah man, I just finished typing out and editing "Orcish for Beginners" but you beat me to it. sad.gif

I maybe should have told you I was going to start on in beforehand. Aw well, I'll just edit in the picture then.

I guess that makes us even then since I typed up the book on Ker without telling you and you had already beaten me too it. ;) Maybe that'll teach us both to communicate better :)

Also I think that the way the book talks about Jonah No-Finger, if we were to visit him he could tell us how not to gamble.

I found the diaries to be the most interesting, actually. It does seem to allude to there being a secret area or a portal or something in his library or maybe additional clues (says something about an envelope on his mantle). I also found it interesting that a lot of the books seem to tie into together. There were a couple mentions of the Lingua Arcana, the language books. As I typed the poison entry, I thought I would check the world out as I traveled to see if I could actually see the described plants in the world, even if not interactive.

My wpm, last I checked, was somewhere near 90. Having Word in a small window overlapping the image helped so that I could just look and type. Also having a 95%+ accuracy helped and the fact that I was more concerned with just getting the texts up for you guys rather than persnicky details about typos. I did the first 10 in three hours or so. Like I said, I like to type and I found it fun. If you need help again with typing just holler.

Not sure which thread should be the "real" thread, probably this one. Though I only get email updates to subscribed threads on the official forums for some reason, not from here.

PS - Sorry about the compulsive editing.

Edited by Amble
The Books are now almost done... there is only one left; Book 3 - Two-handed Swords, and I'm not sure the info is there for it to be typed...so the search goes on for the last book!

;)

gogo

I found that book last night, can't check now cause I'm on lunch break, will check tonight and report back :)

Ah man, I just finished typing out and editing "Orcish for Beginners" but you beat me to it. sad.gif

I guess that makes us even then since I typed up the book on Ker without telling you and you had already beaten me too it. ;) Maybe that'll teach us both to communicate better :yay:

Guess we are even steven then :drinks: Yeah, in the future, it would be preferable if all the people involved communicated better with each other ;)

:yay:

gogo

I found that book last night, can't check now cause I'm on lunch break, will check tonight and report back :drinks:

Great find Dobster!

;)

gogo

Wonderful Dobster. Thank you. :)

Between me and Amble we got the book you supplied up on the wiki in no time. :) Wow... So I'm looking at the list of Books on the sacredwiki and I'm not seeing a single red link anymore. Do we have them ALL:)