How do I take and publish screenshots of Pics for SacredWiki?

Hi all, I am wanting to help out with pics but I cannot open the ones I take with 'print screen' button ingame for some reason. The first 2 I ever took I could open (I used photoshop elements) but since then the come up with a 'parse' error?

Can someone help me with the best way to get a screen shot and a program to open these pics as they use a file extension I dont seen to have a program for. I have windows vista64. I dont know why the latest shots - since I patched Sacred 2 - will not open.

I have found many items, a bunch of set pieces and I want to share them!!

You can either hit the print screen button & then paste it into photoshop (which is what I do), or download fraps (www.fraps.com) & use that (though you may wish to change the key it uses to capture screenshots to one that's not used by Sacred 2).

Edit: Oh & welcome to DM!

Hi Garou and welcome to darkmatters :P

When you use the print screen button, allso try to make sure you save the image as something else than bitmap. Since bitmap takes up so much diskspace (over 3megs per image with me, when I screenshot, whereas .jpg for example only takes about 280 kb).

this makes them faster to upload, and the loss of quality is hardly noticable. I don't see any difference at all tbh, unless I zoom in even more using special tools.

Hey hey there Garou and welcome to DarkMatters. :P

My fave option is Fraps. Very convenient. Second best option that you could try:

Irfanview - A simple and efficient program. Download it and make life as a gamer much easier, haha. I would suggest also getting the plugins/addons download as well.

After you've installed Irfanview you can set it up as a screenshot capturing option.

• Open Irfanview (Iiiiiiiirfaaaaanview! @ gogo)
  • Click Options-->Capture/Screenshot from the menu bar at top. (Or just push "C")

From here you have some options which I'll explain what I have chosen:

• Capture Area: Desktop Area, current monitor
  • Capture Method: (ON) Hot Key F11
  • Capture Options: (OFF) Include mouse cursor
  • Saving Method: (ON) Save captured image as file
    • File name: capture_%d%m%Y_%H%M%S
    • Destination directory: Where ever you would like. I made a new folder in "My Pictures" on my pc called "IrfanScreenshots" and chose that.

Now that Irfanview is set up to take screenshots all that you will need to do in the future is:

• Turn on Irfanview
  • Push "C"
  • Push "Start"
  • Leave Irfanview on and minimize it
  • Take screenshots!

Hope this helps! :)

P.s.

I believe that the screenshots you are not able to view in Photoshop Elements are in TGA format.

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome. After lurking for so long I almost feel like I know you.

Ok so last night I started taking screen shots again - I changed the button so I wouldnt accidentally press f12 instead of f9 - and every now and then it CTD when I take a photo. I had this early on and that was one of the reasons I could not take them (the other being the TGA format which initially Photoshop would open but no longer). I do not know why it happens but it looks like from all the above help that it will not be a problem anymore.

I will try both programs mentioned and see which I like most. I love this game and want to take some happy snaps of my characters and world to make desktops from. (I hope sacred wiki has a screenshot or wallpaper section for people to add their favourite shots/characters/etc)

anyway big thank you again for the help and look forward to learning more about this game and getting great character tips for builds etc when they are up.

Cheers. :P

I'm happy you found us Garou. I've not much more to offer than what the others above have posted. If you're interested in adding screenies to the collection, we're always looking for Combat Art pics showing characters using a Combat Art that are clear and in highest resolution possible, as well as monster pics (you can check out the wiki bestiary for the formatting), and pics of characters holding uniques to show others what they actually look like live.

And this is also the part where I say welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo