Sacred 2 - Network Error 71

anyone seen this error?

network error 71: Character / account already exists

bought sacred, created a lobby acct. so I login with username/pwd and hit closed net button. connects to lobby just fine and then I unlocked content. I doubleclick on any slot and just make a character, and it gives me the above error.

Edited by gogoblender

Ah this one got me too trd. You'll need to give your character a name to get around that. After you've clicked on a character you are taken to the screen that let's you choose your path and god of choice. On that screen and at the top you will see the character name. For example if you choose a seraphim it will say Seraphim at the top of the screen. Click on it and change it to a name of your own.

That should solve it. :)

ohhh that was that error? I had some serius problems when I tried to play online yesterday... must be the light or dark side choosing thingy, hehe

btw:I think I made the account eu, that means I cant play on american servers?

btw:I think I made the account eu, that means I cant play on american servers?

I sure hope not because I also created my account with the EU servers but I get crappy lag so all my online HC gaming hopes rest on me being able to join the US servers when they come online. :)

changing name of the player worked! thanks

not a real self explanatory error message, do they get them from microsoft?

lol, TRD

This has happened to me so many times when I was trying to figure out all the names and logins. Finally got it straight after a good twenty minutes

:lol:

gogo