Addicted to relics and using elemental damages in Sacred 2

I'm in love with these things. And it's a late thing for me with this game. I can't play the game now knowing that my resistances aren't perfect against the monster I'm up against. Whenever I come up against a new monster and after I kill it I look immediately at it's elemental makeup. when I see what kind of damage it's doing as well as what kind of armor it's got.

It's gotten to be an insane compulsion in fact.

If I notice that my damage and or killing speed is the tiniest bit of from how fast I should be killing I instantly look at the portrait of the monster in Last Monster killed to check out it's weaknesses. I've gotten to carrying around and always looking for the highest level of weapon elemental transmuter that I can find to make sure that I'm socketed with a range of the highest percentage of that element that I can socket.

Going against TMutants?

Fire

Going against Jungle Dwellers?

Ice

The difference in killing speed this makes is delightful. Where things would go down normally..they can now die in single pops.... lots of fun to see when you're doing multiple hits and all of them go to heaven at once.

And with the relics, I'm even beginning to consider the ubiquitousness of riding skill found on them as part of a new build. I mean...if they're all over the relics....wouldn't just a point in that skill with the rest coming from relics be a huge asset? Love the sound the relic/armor thingy makes when you click and make the part that's active come up. Nice touch.

Just wish I knew what the different shapes meant... anyone got a guess?

The first time I went up against Tmutants was pretty scary. I kept mistaking the ice color for magic...and I'd end up running away from mobs because my damage wasn't doing enough to just get them angry and come after me in masses. Switching to elemental damages based upon a monster's weakness has really helped with the killing speed, and I'm just wondering if others here have some tricks or points they've noticed and/or used?

:P

gogo

Honestly, I think the shapes is just a pointer du item quality. But still... Without the bargaining skill. You can't really exploit this untill the REAL high levels (170-200)