We have returned ...

Thanks for the welcome back greetings. We started in Amsterdam, arriving on 5 November, and rode the river boat m/s River Odyssey all the way to Budapest, arriving on 21 November. We were initially in cabin 400 but were upgraded to 408, which was a Deluxe Suite, when we arrived.

At the end of the River Cruise, we stayed in Budapest for an additional 3 days at the Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal in room 4135, finally leaving on 24 November.

The food was always plentiful and of gourmet quality. On board ship we were served 3 set meals a day but could also order additional items such as steak and/or lobster just about any time we wished. In the hotel, we were only offered a free breakfast but it was a huge buffet spread with just about anything you could imagine as breakfast food ... and some things you would never have dreamed of having for breakfast. I found all the food to be excellent but the National Hungarian dishes were a bit spicier than I'm used to.

Information for next years cruises may be found => here <=.

I have a few pictures that I took (a little over 1,500) but was able to get pictures and videos from some of the other passengers so will be wading through over 8,100 photos over the next few months. I am going to create a Photo Album DVD but have a lot of sorting to do as I have over 26 GB of material to go through! I will try to pick out a few of mine to post soon.

That sounds like a wonderful trip Spock. :) Good luck sorting through those pictures though. A few pictures you say:) Yikes, 26GB of media. I'm guessing some are videos? Any particular sight or event that you really appreciated?

... 26GB of media. I'm guessing some are videos? Any particular sight or event that you really appreciated?

13.6 GB of videos which I will probably package as a separate project from the Photo Album DVD. I haven't even set up my notebook to start working on it yet. My last project took 6 months and only had about 750 photos. Now I have over 8,100 to sort through! :P

What I really appreciated was all that wonderful food and I only gained 6 pounds in 2½ weeks!

My wife's sense of humor has also sharpened. We were in Budapest when, cradling my distended stomach, I said, "I'm becoming quite the Buddha!"

Her reply? "No, you're just a pest!" :4rofl:

Edited by Spock