I think I forgot to introduce myself when I joined, so I will now.

I go by Little Sara, my real name is Sara, and I'm 26 years old.

I'm a gamer of the hardcore kind, mostly fan of RPGs, especially the works of Square-Enix. I gather incredible amounts of information in a short time, and usually become an encyclopedia about most any game I play, which I then further refine by consulting fansites, guides, FAQs and what not to have complete mastery over the game. I still like to "feel my way" through a game, which is usually what I do at first.

I'm a videogame tester and have been for a couple months so far. And Sacred 2 PC version is a title I have worked on, though don't try to find me in the credits, only those who were on the project in June 2008 (or earlier) are listed.

I haven't played Sacred 1 before, nor did I even hear about it until I tested the 2. Though I'm a fan of the Diablo 2 genre, and the min-maxing coupled with the extreme versatility in characters and the "huge task to complete" brought more interest than Diablo 2 did, and to hell the bugs. Heck I know it's buggy, but I don't really care (long as they fix stuff still), I'd rather keep on Sacred 2 than "play it until Diablo 3 comes around". And no, I'm not sick of the game from testing it at work for a while, if anything I'm more interested in it.

About the name "Little", this is to signify a big part of me, the core of my personality, is a child. She's 8 years old, emotionally and otherwise. Extremely feminine, cute without trying (and loves cute) and has rather childish qualities (naiveté, innocence, purity) which she cherishes knowing they are rare in this world. And me? Well, I'm her "guardian" sort of, she named me "Maid Sara", because my role is to assure her survival and happiness, and her protection if needed (more mental than otherwise, since neither of us knows how or wants to fight). Her emotional state is that of a child, but she has the intellect of an adult (equal to mine). Neither mine or her social skills are up to par due to continued repression (which made the persona split occur in the first place).

She looks for true love and someone to understand her (who and what she is), and heal her wounds. Much to ask, but I see nothing else that could make her happy.

I'm the hardcore gamer, while she's mostly playful. We still often work in tandem to find bugs (though she finds reporting tedious and lets that to me). Both of us play for a similar reason at the root: for our mind to be too busy to care, to numb it against the ever-increasing darkness. Hope is dwindling, but we both hope (her more than me) that this will one day be a bad memory.

Even if it one day became a bad memory, I still would play games, but I probably would have different reasons.

Edited by Little Sara

I agree. Very nice intro Sara and I'm glad you decided to make one. I think your many posts here can attest to your ability with gathering info. Very quick indeed! Your telling of Little Sara sounds very familiar to me but in a different way. I have great regard for the perspective of a child. As time goes on and as we age we tend to grow further away from what we were as children which I personally think can be a terrible loss. I never thought of myself in terms of being a guardian to my childhood but that's exactly what I do. Protect what I learned as a child as well as the outlook I had at the time. To be curious, to never judge on first impression, to treat all things as new and wonderful and most of all to just relax. To try my best not to become jaded. There are times when I feel like responding to something in life with a "been there, done that" sort of attitude and it's those times I really stop myself and truly appreciate it with fresh perspective. Having a child within is a wonderful thing I think.

Cheers Little Sara :agreed:

... Sacred 2 PC version is a title I have worked on, though don't try to find me in the credits, only those who were on the project in June 2008 (or earlier) are listed.

So, what deep, dark secrets can you tell us about Sacred 2? Any Easter Eggs, cheat codes, back doors to defeating bosses? :agreed:

... I'm a fan of the Diablo 2 genre, ...

I bought 2 copies of the game just so I could play on my LAN when my children visited. Still have them, don't play much any more though ... still waiting for my Sacred 2 to show up.

...She looks for true love and someone to understand her (who and what she is), and heal her wounds. Much to ask, but I see nothing else that could make her happy.

Keep looking, I'm sure the perfect mate is out there just waiting to find you. Just make sure the someone you find is truly the one and don't hesitate once you're sure.

I met my current and only wife over 40 years ago and we were married within 6 months! I don't know how she really feels about it all but it was the best thing that ever happened to me! She has given me two beautiful children who have both been married themselves for some years and given us 4 grandchildren. When I look back over our years together, I realize that everything good that has come to be is because of her. I hope you find the same happiness.

... I still would play games, but I probably would have different reasons.

Here's hoping that you find a different reason to play as soon as possible and that the darkness is always brightened by those you interact with, both online and in RL.

So, what deep, dark secrets can you tell us about Sacred 2? Any Easter Eggs, cheat codes, back doors to defeating bosses?

Actually much of it has been found by users since release.

There's a few bugs I know about that are still pending fix, but well they're mostly detrimental, not back doors or anything. Like the multiplayer ClosedNet Main quest not starting...

Sara, what an awesome intro! I'm delighted to have found another true Hard Core gamer on these boards! And you've so eloquently written out I believe that a lot of us really are inside, with multi-faceted cores, complex and superb with surprises. Jekyl/Hyde though is probably a better name for my own personna :agreed:

Ever since you've found us, it's been a wonderful romp with you here on these forums, and you've definitely brought extraordinary bang to the day.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

p.s. I'm finding myself chiming in with Spock here...secrets, secrets, we want secrets!

... I'm finding myself chiming in with Spock here...secrets, secrets, we want secrets!

Actually, if she is still Beta Testing, I'm sure she is bound by an NDA that would preclude her giving away anything useful. Many NDA's lock out and discussion even after no longer actively testing. I know this from helping to test other games myself.

So, what deep, dark secrets can you tell us about Sacred 2? Any Easter Eggs, cheat codes, back doors to defeating bosses?

Actually much of it has been found by users since release.

There's a few bugs I know about that are still pending fix, but well they're mostly detrimental, not back doors or anything. Like the multiplayer ClosedNet Main quest not starting...

Big Giant Hooray! (thought saying big giant would be easier on the eyes than making a huge font)

... I'm finding myself chiming in with Spock here...secrets, secrets, we want secrets!

Actually, if she is still Beta Testing, I'm sure she is bound by an NDA that would preclude her giving away anything useful. Many NDA's lock out and discussion even after no longer actively testing. I know this from helping to test other games myself.

I'm not testing it anymore, but its true I can't give "insider info", like what bugs are in the database and such.