Sacred 2 - Class Attribute Comparison Tables

These were just done by Amble in the wiki a few minutes ago. I was sandboxing a new build and found myself jumping back and forth between the class sections on the wiki using her attribute tables per class that she had made. We chatted about it and Bingo...she whipped these up in fifteen minutes and you can find them here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Attributes

And in the wiki all the title data in the tables is made up of clickable links that will take you to that page in the wiki for more info ^^

atrributetables.jpg

Amble Rocks

:D

gogo

p.s. with the attribute comparisons like that you can look at what attributes a particular class will have strengths at when you're building out right from the beginning.

...using her attribute tables per class that she had made.

I've gotten it a lot with this name over the years, maybe it's because it ends in a vowel, I dunno, but I guess it should be noted that I'm a he :D

You can effectively tweak any character to have the same final stats due to stat placement manually done.

It's not as significant as the starting stats in say Final Fantasy XI: Online, where the starting stats also have bearing on the upcoming higher natural (non-equip) stats, since in FFXI, you don't distribute stats at all.

Builds will also tend to differ significantly, wether based on Magic/Combat Art heavy usage, more buff-oriented, or support even and each of those builds would look different on other characters, because characters specialize in certain weapons, and their equipment specializes in certain stats (High Elf lacks high armor on most sets for example).

A weapon specialization means increased attack speed with this weapon type.

I'd say Dryad is significantly apt at ranged weapons. Shadow Warrior at two-handed hafted and sword weapons. Seraphim at 1h swords and dual-wielding swords. Inquisitor at dual-wielding non-swords (not sure which weapon). High Elf is not apt for weaponry really (but very apt at magic, and staves help there, it makes the Intelligence stat provide better benefits). Temple Guardian I'm not certain, given his starting weapon I'd be enclined to say 1-handed hafted weapons.

If anyone could get info on relative attack speed of characters with different weapon, more or less their proficiency, it would be nice.

You can effectively tweak any character to have the same final stats due to stat placement manually done.

As we had discussed on the official forum, stat placement only accounts for 10%± of total attributes gained and can raise a single stat almost 75% higher than final values.

As we had discussed on the official forum, stat placement only accounts for 10%± of total attributes gained and can raise a single stat almost 75% higher than final values.

True, but by that I mean that characters have roughly the same stats even at lv 200 (everything in the 400~700 range), so much that ~10% can account for it or pretty close.

Though a High Elf would probably place more points in Intelligence, Stamina and Vitality. A melee character would favor Strength or Dexterity, and Vitality. A ranged character would favor more Dexterity, Vitality, and depending on build, maybe Stamina.

In the end, the few stats you can place yourself matter little. The Combat Arts and weapon proficiencies (by that I mean like above, not actual weapon skills, but the natural innate abilities of a character to wield a certain type faster) of characters matter a lot more. Doing a melee High Elf is a challenge because they have next to nothing helping them there (though it's not as bad as Diablo 2's melee Sorceress).

Edited by Little Sara

One of the things I've noticed after years of playing this game, is that it's only a small minority of players that will actually make it to end game in Closed Net HC.

I do agree that Items have always been the driving force in Niobium levels. But for players that are mainly interested and/or only have patience for playing in bronze to gold levels, the Attributes play their part. Especially if you don't have a lot of friends or a clan to gift you with items to take you that extra distance, or if you don't have the patience or time to create a trader that can go out and give your toon the items it will need.

I would say that the ten percent that the attributes gives plays it's part, depending on where in game levels you are?

:)

gogo

p.s. Amble, so sorry! lol, I sometimes English would just have a gender neutral pronoun...it would make things so much easier on forums :D

p.s. Amble, so sorry! lol, I sometimes English would just have a gender neutral pronoun...it would make things so much easier on forums :D

There is Gogo: IT, but it would be rude to use that when refering to a person.

Sara, 400-700 is a pretty big range. I think (if my mental arithmetic is correct), you get 396 stat points (1 from level 2-49 & then 2 from 50-149 & 3 from 150-200), the HE has the highest (Int = 35) & lowest stats (Str = 17). At level 200 her native stats would be 338 & 696 (rounded down), +396 -> 734 or 1,092.

I could be counted as one of those people that never make it to the end-game myself. I've always read builds and planned my characters for it, but once I start gold I always get the urge to start a new character. I haven't even made it through silver yet in Sacred 2, but I have about 8 characters that have made it to Griffenburg, and a few more that haven't. It is true, though, that in these kinds of games that items tend to naturalize everything by end-game. Even in MMOs, I remember that in EQ 1 people were debating on the better warrior race between ogre or troll because of strength vs stamina. In the end, the arbitrary starting difference had little value, it actually came down to the fact that ogres couldn't be stunned from the front with a bash. Which is much like your example with classes' innate abilities being the larger deciding factor.

P.S. Is one of the reasons this forum uses such a large percentage of the width of the screen so you can make a huge wall of text and have it not really seem like one? :)

About the width thing, it adjusts to your browser space. If you have bookmarks opened on the left side, you'll notice the space is smaller in width.

By contrast, I think Dryad and Seraphim have few useful CAs besides their buffs (Dashing Alacrity, Divine Protection, Goldenglade Touch, Malicious Totem, Acute Mind) compared to High Elf, who's whole Fire or Ice aspects can be useful depending on usage.

Basically, I suggest basing one's character on the CAs you're most likely to use a lot. Using all 15 isn't realistic, though it might make for a colorful varied build (who needs a ****load of runes).