What is the average velocity of a migrating Seraphim?

Huh? European or African Seraphim? I dunno...

Anyway, while we can't really calculate the exact speed of characters, we can tell if one is moving faster than the others (which they do). Here's some useless but fun numbers. I'm not quite sure if we can wikify them.

Different classes have different movement speeds, on foot and mounted. E.g., Inquisitor is the slowest while on his spider, but not while on foot. In a MP game the differences will not be very noticeable. However, even a dead horse gives you a very significant speed boost. Some people mentioned that they move faster on foot than on a mount, I say they imagined it since you need a lot of Run Speed bonus to equal that :D

Riding at level 75 adds a bonus on top of the mount boost. This is mostly noticeable for the slowest-moving characters, others will not experience an earth-shattering visual difference (even though they will really move "much" faster). That's because the bonus is percentage based.

On foot

Seraphim and Shadow Warrior are the slowest of all (and move at the same speed). Others move roughly 4% faster.

On an Epic Mount - "60% faster" roughly equivalents equipping 60% of Run Speed

Shadow Warrior - 60% faster than SW on foot (fastest unique mount rider along with Temple Guardian)

Temple Guardian - 55% faster than on foot (on mobiculum speed is the same as SW's on helhound)

High Elf, Dryad - 48% faster than on foot (slower than SW and TG by roughly 5%)

Seraphim - 40% faster than seraphim on foot (slower than SW by roughly 15%)

Inquisitor - 30% faster than on foot (slower than SW by 20%)

On a Horse - All chars move at the same speed while on a horse. Below is a comparison with their "on foot" and "on an epic mount" speed.

Inquisitor - 48% faster than on foot, about 15% faster than on spider

Seraphim - 53% faster than on foot, about 10% faster than on tiger

High elf, Dryad - 48% faster than on foot, same as with their serpent and lizard

Shadow Warrior - 53% faster than on foot, about 5% slower than on hellhound

Temple Guardian - 48% faster than on foot, about 5% slower than on mobiculum

Notes:

- "+% Run speed" on equipment and mounts does not apply to mounts.

- Mount level does not give a penalty to speed, but the mount has its level lowered next time you load a game (this is not affected by Riding).

Relevant stuff: updated Riding on the wiki, updated Horse on the wiki.

Excellent info!

Trust you're getting sweet reference information for players.

And the info with the compare speeds for the Unique Mounts...awesome.

Well done Trust!

And we can definitely add this to the Wiki!

+++

:P

gogo

Reduces the regeneration penalty for mounting, which is displayed on the mount (a horse with +30% regen penalty, will have only +5% penalty at higher Riding skill. The "Mount Combat Arts +12,3%" at skill level 1 is therefore being removed from the 30%, resulting in roughly {30% - 30x12.3% =} 26,3% regen penalty). This bonus is diminishing, so you get less benefit at higher levels (don't expect to hit 0% penalty). At skill level 75, you can expect a 50.2% penalty to become 15.3%, and a 30.1% to become 9.1%.

From the wiki

By the calculation you say here, by skill level 30, you would have 30 - 30x121% = 6% regeneration BONUS, no?

Does riding affect unique mounts other than the speed bonus?

Edit: Another point here.

About unique mounts, they say Regeneration of all combat arts +~35% and Regeneration of specific aspect -33.3%, (though currently there's a bug making the penalty reach 50% when the mount is your level). Does that make one aspect have both the penalty and bonus or is this aspect "immune" from the "All combat arts" penalty because the mount is of this aspect?

For example, my High Elf has 100% regeneration for Arrant Pyromancer, Mystic Stormite and Delphic Arcana. She buys, and mounts a Pyromancer-type mount.

Is her Regeneration rate +50% for all then -33.3% for Arrant Pyromancer, or simply -33.3% for Pyromancer and +50% for the two others?

Meaning the end result would either be:

100% Arrant Pyromancer (100+50% = 150 -33.3% = 100)

150% Mystic Stormite

150% Delphic Arcana

vs

66.7% Pyromancer (100-33.3% only)

150% Stormite

150% Arcana

Edited by Little Sara
By the calculation you say here, by skill level 30, you would have 30 - 30x121% = 6% regeneration BONUS, no?

No, this is where the "This bonus is diminishing, so you get less benefit at higher levels (don't expect to hit 0% penalty)." is kicking in. The 121% reduction would actually be much smaller.

I'll try to make an example table to address this, like gogo suggested.

~~~~~~

About unique mounts, they say Regeneration of all combat arts +~35% and Regeneration of specific aspect -33.3%, (though currently there's a bug making the penalty reach 50% when the mount is your level). Does that make one aspect have both the penalty and bonus or is this aspect "immune" from the "All combat arts" penalty because the mount is of this aspect?

Think of them as extra buffs. You have both the penalty and the bonus active.

A unique mount gives like:

~50% penalty to all aspects

~30% bonus to an aspect (resulting in only 20% penalty to this aspect).

If you put enough points in Riding, you will bring down the 50%, for example at skill level 75 it should be 15,3%.

Now you have:

~15,3% penalty to all aspects

~30% bonus to an aspect (resulting in 14,7% bonus to this aspect).

~~~~~~

For example, my High Elf has 100% regeneration for Arrant Pyromancer, Mystic Stormite and Delphic Arcana. She buys, and mounts a Pyromancer-type mount.

Is her Regeneration rate +50% for all then -33.3% for Arrant Pyromancer, or simply -33.3% for Pyromancer and +50% for the two others?

It's the "+50% for all then -33.3% for Arrant Pyromancer" part.

Nice info Antitrust. Very useful I think. Thank you. :P

Ancaria is so big and having the best movement speed possible is an essential part of a build when wanting to explore. Do you think it might actually be easier to improve character speed vs. Horse speed? For example; I'm a level 10 player and I want to get a unique mount quickly but I don't have any portals so will have to run the whole way from the start. In SP. I'm debating two options to help achieve this. Buy a horse or use my level 10-15 Bargaining character to buy +% run speed bonus jewelry. The jewelry could then be stored and used for future characters.

If you ask me, I'd say a leaping horse is usually a better option. It saves time (since you don't need to shop stuff) and survivability (since you can equip better stuff). Plus, Leap allows you to make some shortcuts :P

Charger should be the best leaper, as it has the highest level combat arts (smaller cooldown).

Think of them as extra buffs. You have both the penalty and the bonus active.

A unique mount gives like:

~50% penalty to all aspects

~30% bonus to an aspect (resulting in only 20% penalty to this aspect).

If you put enough points in Riding, you will bring down the 50%, for example at skill level 75 it should be 15,3%.

Now you have:

~15,3% penalty to all aspects

~30% bonus to an aspect (resulting in 14,7% bonus to this aspect).

Are you sure it results like this, like they cancel each other out?

As in 50-30%= 20% penalty, instead of say: 100 +50% = 150 then 150 -33.3% = 100? (Which order you do it doesn't matter).

I'm saying this because other regeneration bonuses stack on top of each other (instead of add up to each other).

Arrant Pyromancer Focus (regen bonus) * Concentration (regen bonus) * Combat Discipline 75+ (20% regen bonus) * Grand Invigoration (regen bonus)

then there's Incandescent Skin which has the same factor (a bonus, and a penalty to all)

If they simply added up I would have a negative regeneration time.

Damage is similarly calculated by multiplying:

Arrant Pyromancer CA base-damage and DoT * Arrant Pyromancer Lore (dmg/crit bonus) * Ancient Magic (dmg/pierce immunity bonus) * Combat Discipline (dmg bonus)

which results in pretty impressive amounts at lv 200

Base Damage of 620 (lv 102 effective lv) * 450% dmg or so * 190% or so * 235% or so = 12,500 dmg fireballs (2 of them)*

Counting Lore 175+0 Ancient Magic 75+0 Combat Discipline 150+0, example is hypothetical

I believe they cancel out, though it might be more complicated and not exactly like I described.

Unfortunately now the mounts seem to be messed up, so it's not easy to get a completely accurate answer. The aspect mounts seem to act as +50% penalty for non-aspect arts and as +30% penalty for the aspect arts. This results in about 3% bonus to the aspect when you ride one, but it still seems to cancel out some way or another.

I believe they cancel out, though it might be more complicated and not exactly like I described.

Unfortunately now the mounts seem to be messed up, so it's not easy to get a completely accurate answer. The aspect mounts seem to act as +50% penalty for non-aspect arts and as +30% penalty for the aspect arts. This results in about 3% bonus to the aspect when you ride one, but it still seems to cancel out some way or another.

That's because its not *supposed* to be 50% penalty.

It's supposed to be 30%ish penalty, see the description at the unique mount guy, and notice the number changes as soon as you buy one.

I made an example table for a mount that gives 30% penalty. It's in the subpage of the riding skill now. I updated the Riding page accordingly.

If your mount has a different penalty than 30%, I believe you can still roughly calculate its penalty value. It should be reduced by 2/3 at around skill level 75. This 2/3 seems to be a working rule of thumb.

At least in the new patch, the mount is not leveling up with you, so his "All Combat Arts Regeneration + 50%" is lowered as you level.

I have a level 11 tiger while I'm level 14. His regen penalty dropped to 42,2%, other stats are unaffected. We should pick a mount and stick with it for the entire game, since you can't buy a low level mount later on :lol:

Here is how the bonus is displayed, without and with Riding:

riding_bonus2.jpg

riding_bonus1.jpg

At least in the new patch, the mount is not leveling up with you, so his "All Combat Arts Regeneration + 50%" is lowered as you level.

I have a level 11 tiger while I'm level 14. His regen penalty dropped to 42,2%, other stats are unaffected. We should pick a mount and stick with it for the entire game, since you can't buy a low level mount later on :lol:

Here is how the bonus is displayed, without and with Riding:

riding_bonus2.jpg

riding_bonus1.jpg

In the old patch if anything, every time I logged in the mount would level up to equal my level, or above.

If I was between 27 +0% and +49%, it would be lv 27, if I was between +50% and +99% it was level 28.

Haven't checked since, and considering my leveling speed (as I do all quests), it may take a while for me to notice.