uninstalling this game

As long as that folder contains files labeled hero1,hero2 etc and chest you should be ok. At work now so can't verify. If just re-intsalling game, I believe it doesn't delete that folder. If you are installing on a different machine you should use the 'Revoke License' tool.

Edited by Knuckles

Also, if you play closed net MP, your characters are saved on the servers, so as long as you keep your account, they will remain.

Unless Ascaron begins cleaning up old, idle accounts (I don't think they do that yet).

I should begin by saying I am very computer illiterate..... So I am thinking about buying the international version, which means I would have to uninstall the NA one I have. I would assume that I would also have to use the revoke license tool; wouldn't that also delete my account and by doing that also delete all my closed net characters? What about my single player characters in this case?

As far as cleaning up old accounts, I hope they don't. I hated that about Blizzard and LOD, I think they kept your information for 90 days then it would all be gone. If I ever go back to playing that game I would have to start from scratch.

I don't believe using Revoke will delete characters on MP as that is intended only for you to be able to install game on a different pc. I do not know if NA and int'l servers save characters in same place and if you could use same account/password on a different server lobby. Sp characters are saved in a separate folder from the game and I believe during un-install it'll ask you if you want to delete saved games

I'll have to ask about accounts/characters and switching game versions and will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

I've dug into this a bit more and found out that you do not have to delete game or use revoke license. If you want to play on the international servers but only have the NA version you need to buy a CD key for the international. I was linked to an excellent thread written by Tharic-nar on the SIF found here He explains how you modify the optionscustom.txt file so you can switch between servers. I can hunt around for a link to buy an International cd-key if you need.

Still no word on merging servers