Only create good aligned characters to play in MP parties?

I find the alignment set up for MP silly. I'd love to play an Inquisitor, but find myself not wanting to set myself in such a limited way as I can't party with anyone. Is Ascaron going to fix this? I understand wanting to have a story line...but his is HC freeplay... don't you guys think the alignment setup can be relaxed a little?

This sucks. I'm dying to try out an Inquisitor...but I'd have not being able to party with peeps...specially in higher levels where the party is needed for the experience.

Hurry up Ascaron!

:)

gogo

I'll vouch for this too, as I prefer to play dark aligned Shadow Warrior because he just sounds way cooler! It makes no sense that this doesn't work in Free play.

There seems to be plenty complaints about this on the official forums so we can only hope.. :)

On the other hand we should keep in mind that the two campaigns are different.

Getting the 2 paths to coexist in a party would probably mean no more campaigning in MP.

It would only work in Free Play for the sole purpose to beat stuff up.. with friends!

I agree it should not and probably would not work in the other modes.

It's the high leveling I'm worried about. Parties are crucial for the experience in plat and niob HC MP... do you guys think if they relaxed restrictions in MP Freeplay and kept them in Campaign mp that could work?

Since there is no Campaign in Freeplay then we shouldn't have alignment restrictions for parties. I know there are a few deity/alignment quests available but would much rather they be eliminated in Freeplay (just like the class specific chain quests) then worry about party alignments. It says Freeplay and that's what it should be. Seems the only time Tiptersdad's Inquisitor parties up with anyone in Gold is when My dark SW is in game.

I believe it should stay in Campaign mode as alignment makes a big difference there. Only thing it accomplishes in Freeplay is player aggravation.

This frustrates me to no end. I get sad when I think of the easy stuff Ascaron could have done to make this game cooler for mp.

-ability to change names after creating them

-more useful buddy list

-Clan Listings

- And now, grrrrrrrrrr...this evol idea of not letting inqs party with seraphims on line?

:D

gogo

I only use the buddy list now when a member of DA or D.a.r.k is in a server and I don't have password. Of course said person usually has to leave game anyways as I'm not on their buddy list due to the number of new characters I make (what can I say...I'm a build tinkerer :D )