Noob question

I haven't been able to do so. In S1, you could take advantage of loading times, but since now your char is saved when leaving/entering caves, there really isn't a way to overspawn that way.

nevermind... :)

Edited by Timotheus

so its not possible with the 2.28 patch at all?

I haven't been able to do so. In S1, you could take advantage of loading times, but since now your char is saved when leaving/entering caves, there really isn't a way to overspawn that way.

Christ sorry. I'm so into Sacred 2 now that I completely overlooked the fact that this post was in the S1 area.

Yeah you can. But overspawning is a lot easier online than it is in SP.

You need a cave, and quick movements ;) just enter&exit a cave quickly a few times, the game will still be laoding enemies on your screen from previous entries.

However, do note that overspawning can cause other people lag, especially when you are using certain modifiers on your gear or use certain full sets, so it's not very people friendly.

Edited by Timotheus

could I do it over lan? and can you tell me exactly how to

Christ sorry. I'm so into Sacred 2 now that I completely overlooked the fact that this post was in the S1 area.

Yeah you can. But overspawning is a lot easier online than it is in SP.

You need a cave, and quick movements ;) just enter&exit a cave quickly a few times, the game will still be laoding enemies on your screen from previous entries.

However, do note that overspawning can cause other people lag, especially when you are using certain modifiers on your gear or use certain full sets, so it's not very people friendly.

Edited by JeJune

Yes, I believe that any multi-computer game can lead to overspawning.

Basically, when you enter a cave, the game triggers creation of foes. Each time you enter this happens. What you need to do is exit and re-enter fast enough so the game doesn't detect your exit in time to cancel the first set of enemies. I don't think, however, that this works if you are the only player in game. (Not 100% certain, though)

Running other programs in the background helps contribute to the lag as well, since all game packets are sent TCP rather than UDP (TCP requires a return acknowledgement, UDP is broadcast and needs no reply). Anything you can do to slow down your computers reply to the gameserver will thus assist in overspawning.

This is all theoretical, however. I've never actually intentionally overspawned the game. A caveat -- if you host the gameserver in a LAN, this probably won't work for you. One of the other players in the game will probably need to trigger things.

One final point, which may end up being moot very soon. I think Ascaron considers this an "exploit", and so if you do this excessively they may temporarily (or permanently) ban you from their servers. But closed is going away Feb 1, so it may not matter anyway.

ahh alright thx, trying to level up real fast xD

Yes, I believe that any multi-computer game can lead to overspawning.

Basically, when you enter a cave, the game triggers creation of foes. Each time you enter this happens. What you need to do is exit and re-enter fast enough so the game doesn't detect your exit in time to cancel the first set of enemies. I don't think, however, that this works if you are the only player in game. (Not 100% certain, though)

Running other programs in the background helps contribute to the lag as well, since all game packets are sent TCP rather than UDP (TCP requires a return acknowledgement, UDP is broadcast and needs no reply). Anything you can do to slow down your computers reply to the gameserver will thus assist in overspawning.

This is all theoretical, however. I've never actually intentionally overspawned the game. A caveat -- if you host the gameserver in a LAN, this probably won't work for you. One of the other players in the game will probably need to trigger things.

One final point, which may end up being moot very soon. I think Ascaron considers this an "exploit", and so if you do this excessively they may temporarily (or permanently) ban you from their servers. But closed is going away Feb 1, so it may not matter anyway.