What Affects the Regeneration Penalty on buffs

I know that for the action combat arts the focus reduces the regeneration time... But what does it do to a buff? Will it reduce the penalty to regeneration? Or is it only beneficial to one aspect. What I mean by that is say I wanted to use Malevelolent Champion Combat Arts like say frenzy....but I wanted to have a high level of Grim Resilience.... Would raising Death Warrior Focus help me frenzy faster by reducing grim resilience penalty? Or would it only affect Death Warrior active arts such as Demonic Blow?

Sorry I haven't gotten a single character up high enough to where I had many points to put in a focus (and remembered to check the buff penalty)...

At first I thougt that the foci would govern their buffs but now I am wondering if nothing affects them or possibly only concentration since that increases the ability to buff in general..

I've found that if you were to put points into Death Warrior Focus, the energy it takes to maintain Grim Resilience (e.g. the penalty percentage) will be reduced. This reduction will affect ALL Combat Arts that you have the ability to use, reducing their effective regen times to reflect the new penalty percentage. You'll notice a bigger decrease in Frenzy regen time if Frenzy is at a high level (you know, math stuff. A percentage will affect a larger number in greater proportion than it will a smaller number). So, even if you do not see the time go down by a .X of a sec, it's still going down. . . but, maybe only by a .000X of a second. Better nonetheless! Get to slaughtering, sir!

OH! An another note, you're level also affects the buff times! As you increase in level (and leave the buff CA at the same level) you'll see a reduction in penalty percentages.

OH! An another note, you're level also affects the buff times! As you increase in level (and leave the buff CA at the same level) you'll see a reduction in penalty percentages.

Every time you level up your stats (str, dex, int, etc.) increases. Vitality decreases the regen time penalty of armours which is probably what you have noticed.

Stamina reduces the CA regen malus for all buffs (which is why you see a reduction in the malus when you level up, all of your stats increase when you level up), and the relevant Focus skills also reduce the CA regen malus for their buffs. You can see the effect of 1 Focus skill point, especially early on (or with buffs that have a very high regen penalty). Another option is to save items with +Focus or +Stamina & then equip them & check the regen malus on the buff tooltip.

Concentration reduces the penalties of all buffs.

Essentially: Anything that reduces the regeneration time of a CA, will also decrease the buff penalty (except the yellow -regen to aspect mod, doesn't seem to have any effect)

In addition to the above..Putting points in Riding will reduce the regen time of the associated Aspect. Armor can act as a regen malus unless you have enough points in it. Also Combat Discipline will reduce regen by a small amount if CA('s) are in a combo. Don't forget the regen smith art and regen mods found on equipment