411 in Bargaining...not enough... Dang!

now I am sorry if this rises a sour note for any one and I dont really know all that much bout programming and how it will affect your MP games but couldnt you just sorta rewrite the code there:

--always display item prices; offer better prices and rare levels at npc traders

--Advanced:

--better quest rewards +(1-2) rare levels

mgr.createSkill {

skill_name = "skill_trader",

advance_level = 75,

min_level = 1,

mean_value = 300,

advance_mean_value = 450,

skillgroup = "SKG_WORLD",

adv_skill_name = "skill_master_trader",

(as cthulu had showed(sorry for the probable misspelling))

basically what I am sayin is that couldnt you change it to make it either higher or find a way to make it that it will drop yellows or sets all the time(dont know if sets are yellows have yet to get the game)? Or is that little tidbit of rates of drop hidden somewhere else:) if it is at all possible then you could make it a way to farm items in SP at least and then transfer the gear to whoever you want when you go to MP.

I'm not sure whether this will work for MP.

In SP, you can tweak the game pretty much to your liking - like taking less damage, finding a lot of rares/sets/uniques, a lot of gold, get wondrous amounts of XP from quests, etc. This is done in the balance.txt file in the server/scripts folder. However, the personal stash in SP does not transfer in MP (save for LAN MP), because for all I know the online MP items are kept in a stash which is on the ascaron servers.

And besides, tinkering with server values is only good for the xp from quests in order to do a quick test on a build... Otherwise it just ruins the game and you'll have less fun and get bored very quickly.

makes sense. ok. just thought I would throw it out there cause it didnt seem like anyone wanted to say it and I didnt know so I thought I would ask. thank you

I'm not sure whether this will work for MP.

In SP, you can tweak the game pretty much to your liking - like taking less damage, finding a lot of rares/sets/uniques, a lot of gold, get wondrous amounts of XP from quests, etc. This is done in the balance.txt file in the server/scripts folder. However, the personal stash in SP does not transfer in MP (save for LAN MP), because for all I know the online MP items are kept in a stash which is on the ascaron servers.

And besides, tinkering with server values is only good for the xp from quests in order to do a quick test on a build... Otherwise it just ruins the game and you'll have less fun and get bored very quickly.

That will not work in Closed.Net (I tested it myself to make sure). The reason being Balance.txt is kept in the "server" folder, which is called on by the particular server your client is connecting to. If you connect to your single player server or open.net server (the one run on your own machine), it uses the server folder on your computer. Likewise, if you connect to closed.net, you are using the server folder that the closed.net servers are using.

The only things that you can change and probably get away with are the folders that are in the client, shared, particle and (some) of the scripts that are sitting in root scripts directory (I.E. OptionsCustom.txt script). And even then, you would have to do a lot of rigerous testing to find out which files you can modify and which ones you cannot modify.

In case you want to find out which ones you can and cannot change, keep this in mind:

Bad changes will cause you to fail the check phase when you connect to ANY server (whether they be Ascaron's or your own) and you will hear this "heart beat" noise, and then get booted.

Or they just won't register at all because the game server already is using its own copy.

Edit: And I wouldn't try messing with the particle scripts. You can open them with notepad or any other text editor and see that they are regular script files, but beyond that... you're on your own.

Edited by Cthulhu

That's quite a bot of in-depth server tinkering... I personally wouldn't try my hand at it. It seems like way too many things can go wrong. Still, I think that tinkering with the server is only good as long as the balance is concerned - in order to do quick skill/combat art/build tryouts. You can generally give yourself and probably your play mates (typing it separately for a good reason, lol) better items and more gold, but in the end, it pretty much devastates all the fun.

Yeah.. plus you might be asking for a ban from Closed.Net; I'm pretty sure doing that type of modding is considered a violation of the EULA - if it results in you gaining an unfair advantage.

It would certainly require a lot of tinkering with the script files, and I myself don't have the wanton to do it either. And from what I have looked at, it seems that you would most likely only be able to do things that could modify the aesthetics of your own game play, nothing that would actually give you a "cheat". But I could be wrong... and like I said, I'm not really all that interested in finding out.