How to log into Sacred 2 EU Servers with Steam

Good info from DoomLord over from SIF on how to lot into EU servers while using a Steam Account.

steam version and how to log into eu servers

not sure if this has been posted before but I just bought the steam version and could not log into the eu servers anyway this is how I fixed it

open the file optionsdefault

this can be found in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sacred 2\scripts

at the top of the file u will see

lobby_ip = "us.sacred2.net",

lobby_port = 6900

change these to read

lobby_ip = "eu.sacred2.net",

lobby_port = 6800

then just set up a new account in the game.

If anyone's got a Steam version of Sacred 2 and wants to try to meet up with all of us in the servers this is a possibility.

:D

gogo

Didn't we try this with Tomi :) Even though we changed lobby info it still wouldn't work because his cd-key was tied to the EE servers. From what I see at Steam, it's version seems to be CDV (U.S. version) so I would think you would still have same problem. Unless there's something different b/t Steam and boxed copy of game that I am not aware of.

Edited by Knuckles

K..got some clarification on this..

I guess there is an International version available at Steam and what happens is it defaults to US settings for lobby. So keys are still bound to a specific region. So if you order from Steam make sure you get correct version.

I hate this uneccessary (evinced by the servers being all in one place anyway) segregation. Sacred 2 needs as many players as possible together, as there are few enough of us anyway, and insufficient for proper large PUGs. Bah...

On topic:

I have steam, and it worked for me, so I imagine that means I hae the international version. I do not recall having the option to specify, however, which is a real shame for US players. Moral of the story: artifical 'realms' suck :D

edit:

copied from the Steam page for Sacred 2:

© 2008 cdv Software Entertainment USA. All rights reserved. cdv and the cdv logo are registered trademarks of cdv Software Entertainment USA in North America or cdv Software Entertainment AG in other countries. Sacred 2 — Fallen Angel © Ascaron Entertainment GmbH 2008. Sacred, the Sacred logo, Ascaron, and the Ascaron logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ascaron Entertainment GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Other trademarks are used with permission of their owners.

Game Details

NA

Not yet reviewed.

Title: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Genre: Action, RPG

Developer: Ascaron

Publisher: cdv Software Entertainment - North America / Koch Media Holding GmbH - ROW

Release Date: Nov 11, 2008

Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™

It seems it is CDV, so I am surprised I was able to use eu.closed.net

Edited by Coruskane
  • 2 months later...

Fooism just posted some fantastic info regarding how to get your Steam version of Sacred 2 working in EU... Woot!

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=6839493

He reports that he got it working...anyone with a copy of Steam Sacred 2 and wanting to join up with all of us, give this a go and tell us if it work.

Good luck!

;)

gogo