Question about sockets for High Elf

Kanafire

I have been reading through the forums and learning a lot about the game, but there is one thing that is annoying me. I have a level 19 Pyro HE, her gear has open sockets, but I havent found anything to put into them other then converting physical to fire or somethign along those lines. is there a specific place where they drop more frequently?

Edited by gogoblender

Have you tried + Spell Intensity and Plus Intelligence? Off hand, those would seem to me to be able to mod the HE's build. We'll have to wait till some of the pro HE players come along to see what they have to add as well.

:o

gogo

p.s. Nice avatar btw

Well, I still havent found any forging items that do anything other then change physical damage to fire, or psn. those items are pretty much useless to me.....*hopes for pro pyro player to come along* :o

The avatar screamed, Pick Me! Pick Me! so...I picked it lol

+all skill rings/ammies

+all CA rings/ammies

armor with lots of sockets for that and you'd also want a friend/secondary toon with blacksmithing :)

Bronze sockets are usually only for socketing runes or smith arts (unless you have a toon or a friend with blacksmithing who can socket for you. Which means you can socket everything at 1 socket lower than usual)

Silver and gold sockets are rings and ammies. and you'll want to have lots of em ;) (a HE does well with bargaining, as she only looses 1 skill pick for it) and with bargaining. that's an expense you can live with :o

As for blue sockets. they are exclusively for Element Conversion.

+all skill rings/ammies

+all CA rings/ammies

armor with lots of sockets for that and you'd also want a friend/secondary toon with blacksmithing :)

Bronze sockets are usually only for socketing runes or smith arts (unless you have a toon or a friend with blacksmithing who can socket for you. Which means you can socket everything at 1 socket lower than usual)

Silver and gold sockets are rings and ammies. and you'll want to have lots of em ;) (a HE does well with bargaining, as she only looses 1 skill pick for it) and with bargaining. that's an expense you can live with :o

As for blue sockets. they are exclusively for Element Conversion.

ok, if I read this right, you can put rings and ammies into your gear....makes no sence to me, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

You can put rings, ammies, runes and such into your gear (iirc there's a tooltip for this ingame aswell)

Without Blacksmithing:

- Blue sockets are for elemental conversions

- Bronze sockets are for Smith arts and Runes

- Silver sockets are for Smith arts, runes and rings

- Gold sockets are for Smith arts, runes, rings and ammies

With Blacksmithing:

- Blue sockets are still elemental conversion exclusively

- Bronze sockets are for Smith arts, runes and rings

- Silver sockets are for Smith arts, runes, rings and ammies

- Gold sockets are for Smith arts, runes, rings and ammies

Here's a link to the wiki, explaining this further

Edited by Putrescine

Yes, but the High Elf doesn't have Blacksmithing...

My High Elf... yes she has her weapon with ice damage. In fact, she is a mix of damage types, with fire orientation at first: The fireballs (two), the magic coup and a combo with Incendiary shower, Glacial thorns, and Cobalt Strike. Also, the lores of swords and shield.

armor with lots of sockets for that and you'd also want a friend/secondary toon with blacksmithing :lol:

I never said HE's have Blacksmithing

But they can still use NPC smiths

I would say if you just ever in doubt or just do not have items to put into sockets that the smith art Enhance is the default best choice for a dedicated caster.

Enhance:

Chance for Critical Hits

Regeneration Time -% (bonus)