Newb questions

Hey, newb in need of assistance here. I'm playing a bronze SP WE in Sacred Plus (yeah, no money to upgrade to Underworld).

1. The damage rating on weapons (and rings) - is it the combination of all the elemental damages of the weapon? Or is it a separate stat?

2. When I grabbed the trading skill, I noticed a number in brackets next to the price of an item. For potions, this number is 400. What does this number represent?

3. "Each hit drains own life energy" seems like a negative mod (unless coupled with WIDD). Is it really the opposite of life leech? solved thanks to Katran

4. About difficulties: is there any way to upgrade to Silver without restarting the quests and all? And what happens in a higher difficulty level? Will all items sold/dropped be of silver grade, or will there be a mix of bronze and silver? solved thanks to Gogo (would appreciate it if anyone could give a full guide to difficulties)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by bewnt

Welcome to Dark Matters Bewnt! Hope I can answer some questions for you. It has been some time since I played S1.

2. I dont remember for sure but I think its the discount you get.

3. Check your gear there is something in there that drains your life every time you attack. Its one of the Item Modifiers know as Each hit drains own life energy (click the link to read more about it on Sacredwiki) Find on what part of the gear you have it and remove that gear.

4. Gear will stay with you no matter what difficulty you are at. You can take your bronze gear but it is highly recommended to find better one once you are on a higher level server.

Hi bewnt, and welcome to Darkmatters!

Regarding drops in a higher level... the moment you get access to the next level, all drops are of "the next level" as well...you may want to immedietly pay a visit to your Merchant... I usually see a jump of at least 3 on hard damage rings. With high bargaining, fighting your way to the next level, for me at least, has usually always been about the exitement of seeing what the next level merchant will be offering as wares.

Cheers, and once again welcome to the boards.

:P

gogo