90% Excited

Well, I've fiiiiinaaaaalllyyyy played Sacred 2 !

A friend of mine invested in one seriously spec'd pc and I sorta-kinda gave him my copy of Sacred 2 - 'cause I've been talkin' about getting a new pc for the last 3 years now and... well... I just never seem to have the extra cash at hand. But hopefully before the end of the year. So the 10% non-excitement is because I can't play Sacred 2 on my own pc at my own home.

But I really enjoyed the little time I had over the weekend especially having the Super GFX pack from the Collectors Edition!

So while the freeking huuuuge patch was downloading, I started a High-Elf and my friend started a Temple Guardian. I chose the dark path (rumor has it that the force is stronger on the dark side) and played a bit running here and there and learning the ropes. Then, when the patch was done downloading I was at level 4. After the patch installed, my main weapon changed (same with my friend's toon). Ok, no biggy - but will it be better to start from scratch or continue my toon 'as is' ?

Also one of the patch notes stated that Set items will drop sooner and more regularly. I ended my day at level 6.5 and so far no set items have dropped or am I being a bit hasty ?

Well, I must say that IMO this is one stunning game ! Yes, even better that Diablo. A lot of players seem to cling to Diablo as a point of reference, but I cling to S1 as a point of reference and I think it's waaaayyy better than S1. But unfortunately for me, I'll probably only be playing this game once a month or so for a couple of hours, so I'll have to stick with one toon and hope I don't mess up my stats too much (which one invariably does with one's first few toons).

As stated before, hopefully I'll have a new pc before the end of the year and be playing online with those of you still playing Sacred 2 by then...

Well at list you made it in game Scleameth!

I had the game as well for 2 months or so before I got the 300euros to be able to by the PC to play it on. :)

Alsaw I feel same as you the game rocks it looks great and theres a ton of places to see.

One thing about the dark side when you get online you wont find many of your buds playing dark toon. I started a dark one but shifted to light very fast. :(

Heh, so even though the force might be stronger on the dark side, the D.A.R.K is stronger on the light side ?

Btw, how many Big Macs can you buy with 300Euros ?

The pc I intend to get is worth about 500 Big Macs...

Specs are something like :

# Quad-Core Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz @ 3.2 GHz (12.8 GHz) Overclocked 8MB Cache

# Biostar TP45HP Motherboard 1600FSB (Crossfire Enabled)

# NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 Graphic Card

# Raidmax SAGITTA 2 Gaming Case

# Thermalright HR-01 Plus Cooling Solution & FAN

# Extreme Power 500W Gaming Power Supply

# 2 GB 800Mhz DDR2 Ram

# 500GB SATA 2 7200rpm Hard Drive

# 22x Dual Layer DVD +/- Rewriter

# Integrated 10 CH HD Sound Card

I hope it's good enough to play Sacred 2 full-blast !!

Oh its sure is good hehe and you better cut does Big Macs. What I got for 300euros is this.

MSI N9400GT-MD1G

Pentium DualCore CPU E5200 @2.50GHz

4 GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM

A cooler Master Case dont ask me for model dont know what it was had to upgrade to that since it the PC needed more power :(

Sacred2 runs like a charm on this PC. Am very happy. Can jump in and out of game easy and fast. Most of all it didnt cost a lot.

Oh and that would be around what 120 Big Macs. :)

It is a stunning game. Graphics, mechanics, sounds...especially sounds. It's a pure deluxe game, nothing short of art IMO. And... with it's share of bugs...but then this wouldn't be Sacred, right? ^^

Glad you got to see what all the hullabo is about. And hoping you get your hands on a monster comp funds allowing.

:whistle:

gogo

Yeah it really is a work of art - hats off to the team as Ascaron for all the effort they put into this game! But bugs are ok to deal with if patches are regular. All I was a bit peeved about was the size of the patch. I mean, here in SA we don't have uncapped internet access and most people get along with a 3G\HSDPA connection with 500Mb/month, most ADSL home users have only 3Gb available per month and even that might not be a guaranteed uninterrupted connection.

But what you gonna do? ahhh... to download or not to download...

Yeah it really is a work of art - hats off to the team as Ascaron for all the effort they put into this game! But bugs are ok to deal with if patches are regular. All I was a bit peeved about was the size of the patch. I mean, here in SA we don't have uncapped internet access and most people get along with a 3G\HSDPA connection with 500Mb/month, most ADSL home users have only 3Gb available per month and even that might not be a guaranteed uninterrupted connection.

But what you gonna do? ahhh... to download or not to download...

WoW... not trying to be rude by that but 3 gigs a month? Can I ask why that is?

Well, there are packages that have higher bandwidth caps, but obviously more expensive. One can get unlimited bandwidth packages, but that's just insanely expensive for home users.

Basically up to about 6 or so months ago we only had 1 land line operator running the ADSL industry and 2 Cellphone companies running the 3G/HSDPA insustry. Monopoly with no shame. Well, that, and we're a 3rd world country, so our communications infra structure really suck.... There are talks of fibre-optics installations in major cities, but I'm not sure how long that's gonna take and even how much more we'd be paying to have the privilege of faster internet access.

Some service providers have offer that allow you to use 5 times you cap, if you surf between 1am and 7am, but at an extra cost - woopy!