Red wave of death in sacred

I am new to the sacred game and I have both sacred games but I want to play them in order. I am a BM level 51 every time I melee this giant red wave comes from the upper right corner of the screen and either takes 90% of my life or if I am not 100% it kills me immediately. I have read every post on 5 web sites and cannot find out if I am the only one who experiences this. Iknow that most have moved on to Sacred 2 but if anyone can tell me what is causing this or if it is normal I would appreciate it.

thanks

I'm pretty sure the red wave is the life "flash", telling you life is low. It does not take your life, it lets you know your life is going -- fast. You need better armor or resists to not get hit so hard. And BM melee is one of the toughest plays around. Maybe try a gladiator or a ranged character first.

Hey Greg and welcome to Dark Matter.

As Gial pointed out the red flash is a normal aspect of the game. It comes up as a warning every time your life points are very low so you can take action in time.

A close combat Battle Mage is a very hard build and to tell you the truth I dont recall many of them being played with complete success. The reason for your life points going down so fast in close combat is that most BM cant take a hit up close and even with the best gear they are not the best close combat fighters. So check your gear if you plan to continue close combat and make sure you have a ton of defense.

In the case that you have great defense check your gear for any item in it that has the following in it.

Each Hits Drains Own Life Energy: +X%

Example of a Ring with Pain on it fro Sacred Wiki.

This commonly know as Pain can also be the reason for your life points going down so fast.

In the end if all checks out as Gial said you will need to pick a close combat toon like the Gladiator or seraphim.

Or play the Battle Mage in its natural set up as a mage. The GOW or Gust of Wind Battle Mage will be quite a fan way to play the game. Take a look at the guides area of the forum there are a lot of them on how to set up a Battle Mage.

Hope this helps and if you have any more problems just post them we can help you figure them out. :)