Sacred Guides The Force of Nature

This build is based around Csaszar's and Obsession's WW mages this is my Twist to it. This goes out to you guys.

EvilMale's Force of Nature Build

Skills

level 1. Meditation & Magic Lore ---- Meditation around 3/4 of your mages level Magic Lore get it to 50 no more is needed there.

level 3. Water Magic --- 1/2 of toons level

level 6. Agility ----- 3/4 of toons level

level 12. Trading ------ as high as you deem worth its an invaluable skill and you will need it My advice MAX it out.

level 20 Air Magic ---- 1/2 of toons level

level 30. Constitution ----- 1/4 to 1/2 of toons level

level 50. Parrying ------ as high as you can get it

Attributes

*Forever Mental Regen*

As I have stated before some will say 1st ten level sink attribute points in phiscal regen. But I have found this a total waste of time.

In th long run it will hurt more then do any good you need to get your regen times down and fast with this build. As you will be reading alot of runes.

Spells

Water Spells

Ice Shards

Ring of Ice

Water Form

Air Spells

Whirl-Wind

Gust of Wind

Lightning Strike

Support Spells

Cataract of Agility

Phase Shift ( 1 rune only)

Flame Skin

Ghost Meadow

The Gear you will need

If your going for sets I would Sugjest Blackstaffs or Amarri's those are the 2 Set that compliment this Build Perfectly

But any thing that has a Regen to Spell Boost or Spell boost for your spells will work wonders.

And since your Up in the Mix of things with the mobs on this Build you will want a lot of Life Leach Around 24 to 30% at all times is what I generally run.

*Personl Preferance of Gear*

Amarri's Full Set and or Blackstaff's Full Set

Byleth's Shield

Byleth's Ring and ammy

Sol's Ring all 3

BlackStaff's soul

Book of Wisdom

Elhinor's Shiny Tower Shield and Gloves

Dimensional Staff of the Void

Frost Weavers Staff

Shiny Kite Shield

Skill Choice Reasons

Meditation lowers spell regen

Magic lore increases spell damage

Water Magic lowers cast and regen times on water spells

Air Magic Lowers Cast and regen time for air spells

Trading because its an invaluable skill to have and lets you find better gear for your mage at shops

Constitution you need as much life as you can get

Agility, and Parrying Simply because the Battle Mage is weak by nature more defence = a better chance of living

Combat Tactics

Like I said at the beginning of this edited post this idea is not fully mine of a WW disarming mage. This is just my twist on it. With that said........................

This Build is designed to be able to stand in the middle of a mob and strip them clean of gear. My theory is this No Gear on the baddies = A faster kill and less damage to your toon. And with the added defence you should be able to take more of a pounding from mobs and be relatively safe. WW acts as a leach shield and also disarms Armor, Helms Shields, and Weapon from what I have seen thus far. Its a good idea for a money making toon as well because all the junk laying around after the battle is over. You will find some area's have uniques, and set items, as Obsession and Csaszar has posted in the past.

The spell choices relate to my combat tactics. WW is the obvious one disarming. Ring of Ice simply to slow the Baddies and the Nasties. Ice Shards simply because Lightning Strike is better for Mob Control and weak against single foes. not to mention I like 1 cast kills. Lightning Strike I seriously misjudged this spell untill I played around with it. It looks cool when its buffed up and is killer for mob control. Flame Skin is awesome for splitting Mobs and combined with WW, and some split items you have a bigger mob and more goodies in a sence. Cataract of Agility Schot got me addicted to this one so this goes out to him, "Speed = Life" it is a good support spell and if you get into too much trouble you will nees this one.

Water Form same concept as if you get into too much trouble its a great escape spell. Ghost Meadow Simple lowers the regen times of spells even more.

Area's I have Played this Build.

Belvue

Silver Creek ( Gobby Yard )

Tyr- Fasul ( Ice Elves Area )

Ice Creek

Zhurag-Nar ( Dark Elves Hq )

Khorad-Nur

Valley of Tears (OWNAGE :) )

Hells Ridge (OWNAGE :D )

Have fun with it I know I have been.

*Reason for adding GoW*

In recient attempts at this build I would find my self up in the Ice Elf area of Tyr-Fasul. Not really thinking about what wouldnt work it was more of not thinking outside the box more or less. I was trying to make a more player friendly build and realized.... That is really not my style of play. So with some insight and really good advice from Csas. I decided to add one more spell. to this build and it has worked out NICELY ( In an Evil Sort of Way of course). True this build will not be "as" player friendly as it was. But come on now honestly do we always party up when playing.

Edited by EvilMale

Heya Em, I like you putting your guide thoughts here. I'm not a BM expert, but it does look like you're having fun with it. Would you be able to tell us in which areas of the game you like to use this build in? Other things that would be cool to add, is perhaps what this builds weaknesses are, what it's strengths are, and the exact reasons why you chose those percentage points allocation for your skills. I see you're using force of nature and parrying. Does this mean that you're switching to a weapon slot and are hitting the creatures with your melee? It's all this juicy info and keen insight into your own play style while creating this build that readers would love to hear about and would give that twinkle to your experimental guide.

Cheers and looking forward to more juicy tidbits ^^

:cha (18):

gogo

Well I have another Crazy Build for you guys I have been experimenting for some time now trying to figure out a fun WW Type Mage build and I think I have the Answer now so I am giving you my thoughts on this Enjoy.

EvilMale's Force of Nature Build

Skills

level 1. Meditation & Magic Lore ---- Meditation Maxed Magic Lore around 3/4 of toons level

level 3. Water Magic --- 1/2 of toons level

level 6. Agility ----- 3/4 of toons level

level 12. Trading ------ as high as you deem worth its an invaluable skill and you will need it

level 20 Air Magic ---- half your toons level

level 30. Constitution ----- 1/4 to 1/2 of toons level

level 50. Parrying ------ as high as you can get it

Attributes

*Forever Mental Regen*

Spells

Water Spells Support Spells

Ice Shards Flame Skin

Ring of Ice Ghost Meadow

Cataract of Agility

Water Form ( only if you want to )

Air Spells

Whirl-Wind

Lightning Strike

Phase Shift

The Gear you will need

If your going for sets I would Sugjest Blackstaffs or Amarri's those are the 2 Set that compliment this Build Perfectly

But any thing that has a Regen to Spell Boost or Spell boost for your spells will work wonders.

And since your Up in the Mix of things with the mobs on this Build you will want a lot of Life Leach Around 24 to 30% at all times is what I generally run.

Have fun with it I know I have been.

first of all I would say it looks good to me I just have some idears how to make it better, because you have chosen alot of Combat Arts for this build. here is my idear for ca selections for you NAture bm:

Lightning Strike

Ring of ice

GHost meadow

Coa

and Whirl Wind

and now you think why these? I chose these because Roi and LS because they have same damage phy and magic. roi is for when they get to close and ls is for packs and for killing them faster when they are in a roi area.

I don't see why you have chosen agility for this build? what's the reason? only thing I can think of is defence.

it's a little hard to see were your going with this build so if you could make the guide a little more detailed with thing like Combat Tactics make a list of items, what they do how the Combat Arts work's together and such it would be top notch.

keep it up EM

here is a link for my ls fb bm so you can look how to make the guide more sexy

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=4385&st=0

Epox

Edited by Epox

Ah this is an interesting build Evil. I like the idea of having both Ring of Ice and Whirl Wind protecting you. Those two combined offer a great deal of protection I can imagine.

Another thing that intrigues me about your build is that you are running Ice Shards and Lightening Strike. I've always thought that would be a lot of fun. I even tried it for about 15 mins but it was very difficult for me to switch between the two while being attacked, lol. I'm not the greatest at multitasking.

I've never really used WW so I'm curious. Does WW usually disarm enemies instantly? Is it 100% garanteed disarm?

Grats on your build Evil. :thumbsup:

If you can remember from the thread that Csas started about this WW does disarm 100% of the time it just has to a higher level than that of the baddies you are up against in some cases the same level but with bosses and such it is generally going to need to be a higher level. Also I was asked one night in game if it disarms Dragons. and the answer to that is no dragons have no weapon or armor so it can't disarm them but it will act as a leach shield for you if you really are brave and wanna get in close.

The additions you made to the guide are great. It answers a lot of questions that people would be interested in and is enticing to others to try it out. A good job here EM

:(

gogo

Hey EM

Thanks for posting it here.

I saw your WW mage in action. So many stuff to sell. Too bad I was playing my Poison Daemine and not a full thar dwarf lol. Anyway, EM runnig through the mob, making stuff fly, and then tentacle/poison ring combo, just made.... SPLASH :)

a lil screenie maybe

shot0021.jpg

Sure was fun.

Hope to see you around some other time EM

• 2 weeks later...

Oh just an update real fast. Thanks to some AWESOME info on behalf of Csas. I am adding 1 more spell that will be useful to this build. Granted it will become a little player un-friendly. But OMG does it OWN. Ty again Csas for the info and suggestion to this build.

Ps The guide its self has been updated. So please read for changes to the build

Edited by EvilMale

Ty Claire. its been an interesting ride with this one. But loads of fun.

Oh and a quick note for your eye's delight pics are getting added soon and the guide has been updated once again

Edited by EvilMale