http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?ar...d=469&cc=US

The little gem of a game was originally released as part of Orange Box by Valve along with Halflife 2 and Episodes 1&2 as well as Team Fortress 2.

The game play of Portal is fresh and innovative and it has won many awards and received high praise from critics and fans alike. It is a short game, avaiable stand alone for $20 or you can get Orange Box for between $40 and $50.

trailer

Additionally, you can show your uber geek status with an embraceable plush Weighted Companion Cube :butcher:

http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshow..._WCC-Plush.html

Yes I did..and even bought a plush cube, ha! If you looking for value, I definately recommend Orange Box, alot of games both single player and online..all of the first person shooter variety. I really do not want to spoil too much :blink:

plush seraphim would be awesome! I am really looking forward to Sacred 2 as well! Instead of a plush I would settle for an awesome seraphim art print or figurine.

Ah that game is exactly the kind of thing I would enjoy Cygnus. I think I may just give it a try. I played Prey which used a lot of this portal stuff and loved it. Looks like a ton of fun and a lot of puzzles to figure out which I also really love in a game.

Thanx for the vid Cygnus. :D

lol @ plush cube.

"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice." as GlaDOS says :hugs: ..it is more a testiment to the story and the subtle psycological horror. GlaDOS is ever present and does most of the speaking..then there are the turrets...

If you are really curious about the Companion cube...that is spoiler stuff! Message me about it :D In geneal you only get one Faithful Weighted Companion cube, please take care of it. Weighted Cubes in general are used for a variety of things..as to weight something down..to throw at stuff..and block projectiles coming at you..etc :)

Edited by Cygnus

Funny how portal ended up a winner, when it was a tag along. It probably wouldn't even get published if it does not use the same Source engine as the other games in the orange box.

I like portal much more that half life 2 to be honest. :hugs:

Agreed Myles. It do not think anyone really expected Portal to be received as well as it has been. Just like you said, it was merely a goody thrown into an overall package..and would had never gotten published stand alone. Now they have future plans to make a sequel and even investigating if they can incorporate multiplayer aspects as well.

• 2 weeks later...

if you have a nvidia gfx card you can DL a 11 level demo here :Just_Cuz_21:

and again this will only work on nvidia gfx card cos you haveto install Steam to DL it...