Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

thanks ;) locolagarto for the help.

I was playing today and I came across this quest where I had to fight my first boss which was the The Kobold Chieftain. now since he is immune to fire then what am I meant to use. I have tried using my weapons but his health regenerates quickly. I am level 11. am I not meant to fight him now? even if I am a higher level I still wont be able to win because my main is fire.

Incendiary Shower will do the trick.

you may have to come back in a few levels, but I agree Incediary Shower is my main boss attack, and it works well if you can rain then down fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Katran.

I have a question.

I have been following your guide, but I decided to choose Enhanced Perception.

I am level 40.

So now one of these 3 (Constitution, Ancient Magic, Shield Lore) will not be picked up.

Which one should I leave behind?

In your shoes, I would prioritize.

If you have plenty of damage, leave behind Ancient magic.

If you need more and more damage, leave behind shield lore and go heavy on Incandescent skin (modded for reflect) and constitution (till mastery) to provide yourself with good survivability.

Since the HE is low on defense and HP, I would not skip Constitution at all. In my opinion, it's almost a death sentence, unless you only hunt normal mobs and you kill so quickly that they can't get to you.

I'm with Dobri on this, don't skip on the Constitution, but maybe just the Ancient Magic. If you're lucky with drops from EP or have a bargaining network in place to help out, you'll do okay with just socketing damage, either via smith arts, runes, fire damage.

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Hello Kat

I kind of stalk around the other forums looking for tidbits of info and have tried several builds and classes in the game. The elf has given me the most problems thus far which is why I find myself coming back to her over and over again. (That and she is hot. :D ) Anyway, I play on Xbox 360 and am looking to probably try your build out here and see how it works. Was thinking of switching Bargaining with Delphic Lore but I also had the thought that if one has Lore, they can bypass constitution due to the high amount of health regen they would get from GI. What do you think

Edit: Nevermind, I was still back on page one :)

Edited by jurrasicpunk

- Ancestral Fireball. "This is the CA that will be your early levels best friend. Get the silver and gold mods at the same time. Its a bit hard to fight with the 2 ball mod."

*Bronze: Greek Fire

*Silver: Fusillade

*Gold: Globe

silver and gold mode must change or you must correct.

Bronze:(Greek fire or Explosion)

Silver:(Fusillade,Globe)

Gold: (Fusillade,Hot pursuit)

• 1 month later...

Hi Kat.

I want to start a High Elf and really love your build, your concept. Although what do you suggest would it be possible to leave out Delphic Lore (and so Cobald strike) and use instead Combat Discipline to level 75 mastery (mainly for Damage increase) or Mystic Focus (for Crystal skin so I culd use 3 buff at conc mastery altogether)?

Could you give some advice please how to mod in order my pyromanic combat arts? I am going to play non-online what do you think how could I get good items? Bargaing does it really worth, because I have to keep it always maxed, so how could I get primarily pyro focus and lore and concentration?

I played Sacred 1 and had a Dwarf and a Dark Elf characters in gold (about level 80) and was great fun.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Hi Kat.

I want to start a High Elf and really love your build, your concept. Although what do you suggest would it be possible to leave out Delphic Lore (and so Cobald strike) and use instead Combat Discipline to level 75 mastery (mainly for Damage increase) or Mystic Focus (for Crystal skin so I culd use 3 buff at conc mastery altogether)?

Could you give some advice please how to mod in order my pyromanic combat arts? I am going to play non-online what do you think how could I get good items? Bargaing does it really worth, because I have to keep it always maxed, so how could I get primarily pyro focus and lore and concentration?

I played Sacred 1 and had a Dwarf and a Dark Elf characters in gold (about level 80) and was great fun.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Delphic lore is a very important skill in that it greatly increases the HP regeneration mod from GI.

If you are looking for an all around multi aspect build for Sacred 2. I suggest reading Chattius' The Shield Maiden -a Valkyrie From the Land of Fire and Ice, Archer, Gladiatrix, Ice-Elf and more in a single build

And by the way you can not use crystal skin and incandescent skin at the same time, so 3 buffs of this combination isn't possible.

As far as bargaining is concerned. I think is solves the problem you have with only playing offline and needing good equipment. Bargaining will allow you to shop for the best equipment and jewels to socket. it is something to think seriously about

How to mod properly and in the right order the pyro Cas?

1 Fireball (silver)

2. Blazing Tempest (silver)

3 Gi (silver)

4 Meteor Shower (silver)

5. (GI (gold)

6. Fireball (gold)

7 B.Tempest (gold)

8. Meteor Shower (gold)

9. Fire Demon (silver)

10. Cobalt strike (silver)

11. Fire Demon (gold)

12. Incandescen skin (silver)

13.Incandescent Skin (gold)

14. Colbalt Strike (gold)

Hi Locolagarto,

Thanks for your regeneration time answer and Hybrid seraphim help. I am starting Kat's Pyro High Elf without multiplayer possibility and just thinking would it be good to take out Bargaining (cause you have to invest lotsa point into it to keep levelled and could not invest so much into pyro focus, pyro lore and concentration) and choose damage lore (for more damage) or other skill instead? Would it worth it, what do you think?

Regards

Hi Locolagarto,

Thanks for your regeneration time answer and Hybrid seraphim help. I am starting Kat's Pyro High Elf without multiplayer possibility and just thinking would it be good to take out Bargaining (cause you have to invest lots of points into it to keep leveled and could not invest so much into pyro focus, pyro lore and concentration) and choose damage lore (for more damage) or other skill instead? Would it worth it, what do you think?

Regards

Without a shared chest full of gear, or the ability to trade with other players online, I believe at least 1 character with bargaining is a very good idea.

It allows you the ability to shop for Gear with sockets and also for jewels to put into your gear.

you can boost the skill by buying a separate set of armor just for bargaining.

So you mean Damage Lore is not as much beneficial as Bargaining?

You can't take damage lore (secondary choice) on a High Elf without a primary offensive skill like sword weapon or tactics lore. Neither of which fit with this build.

True. Sorry, you are right. And how about taking Spell Resistance, I heard that the Forest could be quite nasty without it?

Could you give advise in what order to mod and how Kats pyro High Elf?

Edited by joanofarc
How to mod properly and in the right order the pyro Cas?

1. Ancient Fireball (silver)

2. Blazing Tempest (silver)

3. Grand Invigoration (silver)

4 Meteor Shower (silver)

5. (GI (gold)

6. Fireball (gold)

7 B.Tempest (gold)

8. Meteor Shower (gold)

9. Fire Demon (silver)

10. Cobalt strike (silver)

11. Fire Demon (gold)

12. Incandescen skin (silver)

13.Incandescent Skin (gold)

14. Colbalt Strike (gold)

The opening post describes how Kat modded hit CAs. The order is entirely up to you. I usually mod my buffs first then my primary attack spell then defensive CAs then my secondary CAs.

True. Sorry, you are right. And how about taking Spell Resistance, I heard that the Forest could be quite nasty without it?

Could you give advise in what order to mod and how Kats pyro High Elf?

Ice and Blood added some re-balancing and some monsters that cast some nasty effects. in 2.40 which you are playing, you will find the biggest danger is most likely physical attack. And the High Elf can always use Expulse Magic to de-buff a boss.

If you're looking to replace bargaining with a skill that you would find more useful for your playstyle. I would suggest Combat Discipline. it gives a 10% reduction in regen time for any CA used in a combo button( as a single CA or a combination of CAs) and adds a damage boost that can become quite high at later levels.

Can you unlock Delphic Arcania focus without Delphic Arcania lore. thats why I took it at the time and but that was way back when I started.

Hi Katran

I am playing your build, but I would have some question:

Would it be a wise choise to swap Delphic Arcania Lore for Combat Discipline /for bigger damage later on/ (ew can get it if we put 5points into Pyro Lor or Concentration)?

Another thing is Ancient Magic can be swapped for Spell Resistance?

I am also Curious which mod to choose for fireball, Meteor shower and GI?

You have chosen for Meteor Shower (Skull smash, smoking rock, intensity) I would go for MAgma Rain, Smocking Rock, Devastation.

for Gi silver mod which is better replenish or Life Energy? In version 2.40, but tend to lean forward to use my chara in ice and blood later

For fireball which one is better Explusion, fusillade or globe, fusillade?

Thx.

Can you unlock Delphic Arcania focus without Delphic Arcania lore. thats why I took it at the time and but that was way back when I started.

Hi Katran

Would it be a wise choise to swap Delphic Arcania Lore for Combat Discipline /for bigger damage later on/ (ew can get it if we put 5points into Pyro Lor or Concentration)?

This is counter-productive. Delphic lore in this build is a defensive skill,(it increases the HP regeneration of GI) for a damage skill (Combat Discipline) and then removing a damage skill (ancient Magic) for a defensive skill ( Spell resistance).

As far as this build goes

Damage: I would choose Ancient Magic over Combat Discipline myself. But that is my personal choice

Defense: I would go with Delphic Lore over Spell Resistance. you will get far more usefulness from Delphic lore than Spell resistance. IMO

Hi Katran

This is counter-productive. Delphic lore in this build is a defensive skill,(it increases the HP regeneration of GI) for a damage skill (Combat Discipline) and then removing a damage skill (ancient Magic) for a defensive skill ( Spell resistance).

As far as this build goes

Damage: I would choose Ancient Magic over Combat Discipline myself. But that is my personal choice

Defense: I would go with Delphic Lore over Spell Resistance. you will get far more usefulness from Delphic lore than Spell resistance. IMO

Thanks Loco,

So my Pyro Elf biuld is like up till now Concentration, Pyro Lore, Pyro Focus,Delphic Lore, Armor.

I will add, Constitution, Combat Dicsipline or Bargaining, Ancient Magic, Delphic Focus?

My questions would be: Is it beneficial to take Delphic Focus if I am just using GI from Delphic aspect? For GI which one is the better silver moid: replenish or life energy?

I am planning my mods of CAs: Which one do you suggest is better mod for IS: skulls smash, continuity, intensity OR .. damage,damage, critical?

As for Fireball: is it worth choosing 3ball or stick with Explosion globe, Fussilade?

You have chosen Explosion, globe, hot pursuit while Katran chosen greek fire, globe and fussilade? Why are so diversity and difference?

For incandescent skin Kat picked Combusting arrows and you chose inferno. I see the point of arrows but inferno what is it good for? Which one do u recommend?

Its a mix of runes eating and +CA gear. But not a lot of +CA gear. I prefer to invest in +skill gear.

As for what mods to take most people take this and I find them to be the best and most useful. I wouldnt take the damage mode for extra damage since that can be easily covered with more levels to your attack CA and dont forget your Fire Demon is there to make sure you get the damage bonus.

Hi Kat.

I am playing your toon, but changed Bargaining for Combat Discipline. I am using for GI silver Life Energy.

My question is: Does it worth to take IS gold mod Fiery Ardor (for 50% more fire damge) and so on use Incendiary Shower mods: magma, smoking rock, devastation (for more damage)? OR

stick with skin gold Arrant Pyromancer Expertise? What do you suggest for meteor Shower mod and why?

Regards.

What deity would you use with this build? Testa?

And is this a good skill spread?

Arrant Pyromancer Lore 200

Arrant Pyromancer Focus 75

Delphic Arcania Focus 121

Concentration 75

Armor Lore 75

Constitution 75

Bargaining 75

Enhanced Perception 75

Ancient Magic 75

Shield Lore 75

Edited by Foxy

I like the 3 fire balls. They look and work great for the short number of levels I used it as a useful CA. At the end of the day you use BT and IS as the CAs for killing. What you do with AF doesnt really matter. The choices in the guide are what works based on the game play I enjoy.

Hi.

I am playing your toon except changing Bargaining for Combat Discipline

Skills: Arrant Pyromancer Lore, Concentration, Arrant Pyromancer Focus, Delphic Arcania Lore, Armor Lore, Delphic Arcania Focus, Constitution, Cobat Discipline, Ancient Magic, Shield Lore

I would like to ask about the Grand Invigoration silver mod: Would it be good to change replenish for Life Energy and Boost a bit Delphic Lore? Would it help at later levels or if I am using 2 more CAs (Expulse Magic and Cobalt Srike) form Delphic is it good to keep Replenish to lower Delphic Lore Reg. time?

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

In my opinion, Life energy is the better mod here. In all my builds I have taken replenish and I realize just how big of a mistake that was. Replenish is a short-term miracle - it reduces the reg times in the early levels greatly, while the character is still struggling to balance them and it looks awesome. However, once you hit 75 or so, you'll start using CAs that are leveled way beyond their Aspect's focus level limit. This is the time where replenish becomes pretty much obsolete.

This is why I consider life energy as the better option. From platinum onward, the extra HP regen will be a big deal. The ability to plug up any damage the instant you receive it is downright awesome.

In my opinion, Life energy is the better mod here. In all my builds I have taken replenish and I realize just how big of a mistake that was. Replenish is a short-term miracle - it reduces the reg times in the early levels greatly, while the character is still struggling to balance them and it looks awesome. However, once you hit 75 or so, you'll start using CAs that are leveled way beyond their Aspect's focus level limit. This is the time where replenish becomes pretty much obsolete.

This is why I consider life energy as the better option. From platinum onward, the extra HP regen will be a big deal. The ability to plug up any damage the instant you receive it is downright awesome.

Hi.

It seems you convinced me to choose Life Energy for Silver mod. Thank you Dobri.