Rebuilding a character can be fun!

Ok so I got this game a month or so ago.

Started a Shadow Warrior but really didnt read the manual.

Long story short he is pretty neat but not what I wanted to play.

I was kind of dreading making another one and re-starting. Then I remembered how many Phantasy Star Online characters I went through lol.

I restarted one today after learning so much more about the game and I am already having more fun than I did the first time.

The only bummer is re-starting the campaign with my new one since I do want to finish it at least once.

I've come to love restarting new characters. The skill choices we get to make at the beginning of a new toon's life have always been exciting for me. Since there are no respecs, it gives a real value to having to make the choices, and getting to choose the mods per CA all over again fill me with excitement over how they will work on a new build.

Course, having resources at this point turns re-starts into a pleasant experience. I remember a few months ago, when gold was low, having to restart could be a drag, and equipment was a horror story. Now with bargaining network, and lots of nice friends ;) Starting new toons is joyous, exciting and something I can even look forward to.

Sure toons die, but sometimes I just get bored with the way the mechanics of a build are turning out, and for that reason alone a new re-roll is in order.

Nice topic here, Mike, and good luck with your new build.

:)

gogo

I am one of those people who gets bored with characters. I also tend to be really ADD. I will start are character with an idea or an idea from someone else and then when the next new one comes along I will ditch the current one.

I have been like this with pretty much every game I have played. Guildwars was a huge one.

my man just rerolled a temple guardian and is having a blast,just messing around.so I agree rerolling can be great thing to do when your bored or a char isnt working out. ;)

I think what we mean by restarting is to delete the toon that is in the current character slot then filling it in with a new one.

No respecs in this game ^^

;)

gogo

are we talking about editing a characters Combat Arts , points and skills but keeping everything else can one do this ? :o

or we talking bout making a new character?

Making a completely new character

:P

gogo

So, if I beat the game on silver difficulty, and unlocked gold and start the game again playing gold..

would that count :):o

Yeah my Shadow Warrior is already so much better for my play style. I am a melee brawler. Get me in the fight and get the heck outta my way!

So far he is Level 9 with Tactics Lore,Sword Lore and Dual Weild and Death Lord Focus.

:)

I am running though mobs with Duel Wield Death Blow.

Same boat as you, Milk. My first character a week or so ago was a SW, played for a while, with no idea of really what I was doing. Last thing I did was kill off the Kobold Chieftain at Level 15 which involved a 10-minute slugfest and chainchugging health pots. My new SW just killed him in under a minute with no health pots at level 10.

Little bit of knowledge (and build strategy) goes a long way, eh?

Same boat as you, Milk. My first character a week or so ago was a SW, played for a while, with no idea of really what I was doing. Last thing I did was kill off the Kobold Chieftain at Level 15 which involved a 10-minute slugfest and chainchugging health pots. My new SW just killed him in under a minute with no health pots at level 10.

Little bit of knowledge (and build strategy) goes a long way, eh?

Tell me about it :smile: my first toon (inquisitor) was a complete FAIL lol

yeah I did the same thing. HORRIBLE BUILD on my first character (sw). It also helps to have a high level character (atleast 100 or so) to go and forge all your items on niob. it really makes a difference.

Well my first char a seraphim was a real education. Got her to about level 30 before I found this site or even read the manual! Then I realised how big a mistake I was making.

When I got to be able to add additional skills I never noticed I could change to different skill types, like defence or offence. So I was only choosing skills from the first page and wondered why I was not seeing items like bargaining etc... especially since I was finding equipment with +bargaining etc... Once I found that out I had a whole session of facepalming and then started another char and things went much smoother.

I just wish there was an easy way to transfer your money from one char to another like there is with equipment.

I just wish there was an easy way to transfer your money from one char to another like there is with equipment.

Yea I want the same thing because some of my lower level toons need money and the higher level ones I barely use have a couple million :)

Yea I want the same thing because some of my lower level toons need money and the higher level ones I barely use have a couple million :Just_Cuz_21:

I am still doing really well. I am in the Dryad land and am level 30. No boss too tough yet. I think I have almost died once but I drank a potion fast enough. LOL.

I have a ton of gold too! Almost a million. I find lots of good weapons and armor and therefor seem to sell more than buy.

I beat the game on Bronze at level 32.

I got the acheivement for not dying! :)

Now on to Free World at Silver Difficulty and soon another character to play. (I am thinking Dark Aligned Dryad!)