A little Pre-grind snack...Pittsburgh Poutine

Well I've been curious about this ever since I saw here first. Here's a little Pittsburgh Poutine

First we start with the closest thing to light gravy and Fresh Curd

100_2011.jpg

We got the Fresnch fries Fryin'! Are French Fries really French? I wonder what the story is behind that. Hmm?

100_2012.jpg

And the final product Pittsburgh Poutine!

100_2013.jpg

Enjoy! now we got levels to grind! off to spank the Carnach! HAHA :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let me say that it doesn't look like something I would eat :D

Think cheddar cheese mashed potatoes with gravy in a french fry form. Just finish my snack and it totally reminded me of mom's mashed potatoes and gravy!

We got the Fresnch fries Fryin'! Are French Fries really French? I wonder what the story is behind that. Hmm?

NO THEY ARENT! French Fries is a hoax, the fries were invented and most popular in Belgium first!! Our fries aren't as thin as the McDo's or others, everywhere in Belgium you can find these Fries places ( "Frietkot" in Dutch) where you can eat these nice BELGIAN FRIES!

2h7ql1i.jpg

Sometimes supplemented with some meat.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Schot
Ok, All fixed!

NO THEY ARENT! French Fries is a hoax, the fries were invented and most popular in Belgium first!! Our fries aren't as thin as the McDo's or others, everywhere in Belgium you can find these Fries places ( "Frietkot" in Dutch) where you can eat these nice BELGIAN FRIES!

2h7ql1i.jpg

Sometimes supplemented with some meat.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

What that "brown log" lookin thing to the right of the Belgian fries?

I think this picture just gave me atherosclerosis.

I was going to yell at you for using the big words, but "fatty material collects along the walls of arteries. This fatty material thickens, hardens (forms calcium deposits), and may eventually block the arteries." just can't get summoned up on Forest Gump terms can it?

Ansgar gets a gold sticker for being the first to make me google a word I didn't know today. It's getting to be a daily occurence around here. :agreed:

Ansgar gets a gold sticker for being the first to make me google a word I didn't know today. It's getting to be a daily occurence around here. :agreed:

Yay a gold star!

*puts gold star into collection of shinies.

Sorry about the big word; been spending all of my time studying for my qualifying exam. You should see how crazy my wife gets when I use all my new science/medical words or her.

Ok loco... What you tryin to do to me huh? :P First pic was ok. I could handle that. But when I got to the second... :oooo::( Well you did warn me eh, lol. Next time I'll put on some image blocking blinders. ^^

Still... Poutine! :agreed: When prepared just right it's soooo good. I'm surprised gogo hasn't stopped by for some already. He should be here anytime. :D

Meh some random meat thingy, normally you can also take a "curry sausage" ( "curry worst" in Dutch)

CURRYWORST SPECIAL:

2nv3ql5.jpg (=> MAYO + CURRYKETCHUP + ONIONS)

But know this, all those meat supplements are made out of garbage from the animals, grinded eye's, stuff inside, etc... :agreed:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Meh some random meat thingy, normally you can also take a "curry sausage" ( "curry worst" in Dutch)

CURRYWORST SPECIAL:

2nv3ql5.jpg (=> MAYO + CURRYKETCHUP + ONIONS)

But know this, all those meat supplements are made out of garbage from the animals, grinded eye's, stuff inside, etc... :agreed:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

yuk to the meat thingys! although the sausage looks more familiar.I usually assosiate Curry to Indian food. Didn't think that was a popular European spice. Although here in the states we spring for a bread bun, (Hot Dog Bun) instead of a plastic tray thingy.

All these food pictures is makin me hungry. off to raid the kitchen!

2602554160_b478177d41.jpg

yuk to the meat thingys! although the sausage looks more familiar.I usually assosiate Curry to Indian food. Didn't think that was a popular European spice. Although here in the states we spring for a bread bun, (Hot Dog Bun) instead of a plastic tray thingy.

All these food pictures is makin me hungry. off to raid the kitchen!

2602554160_b478177d41.jpg

You know, since I started the whole diet(and gave up bread) I have lost my taste for burgers and pizza and things of that nature.

But right now, looking at those two hot dogs--I feel like I could almost fall off the wagon. :)

The poutine pix is AMAZING. Love your food threads Andy. Yer good with them, and have an eye for the camera. As a huge food lover myself, just wanted to post that you ahve a fan, and you know what we say... give us more!

And...those hot dog pix... I agree with silearth, they are beautiful and vivid. You make those yourself, or from the netÉ

:)

gogo

The poutine pix is AMAZING. Love your food threads Andy. Yer good with them, and have an eye for the camera. As a huge food lover myself, just wanted to post that you ahve a fan, and you know what we say... give us more!

And...those hot dog pix... I agree with silearth, they are beautiful and vivid. You make those yourself, or from the netÉ

gogo

Can'ttake credit for the dogs. there actually from a Toronto BlueJays baseball game of the net.

Then Poutine for the win!

You know, we have a restaurant here, somewhere in MOntreal... I forget where... it servers like 12 kinds of poutine... reallyu intesting ones with all kinds of sauces, grilled sausages, beef, cheese....

yum

gogo

I take it all back Gogo. Did you ever see a chip pan go up in flames like this one.

Belgian Fries...French Fries....CHIPS for Pete's sake :) Big fat ones, not those thin ones.

You know, we have a restaurant here, somewhere in MOntreal... I forget where... it servers like 12 kinds of poutine... reallyu intesting ones with all kinds of sauces, grilled sausages, beef, cheese....

We have lots of them in the UK Gogo, they're called Chip Shops. :)

Sorry Chareos.....Belgian.

My book says "Chips as we know them were perhaps introduced by a Belgian who had a stall in Dundee market in the early 1860s....Pommes frites had long been a favourite in his country. "

Can't win 'em all.

"Curry" sausage - is that anything like the things called 'merguez' here, a very spicy sausage from (I think) Algeria? Chareos might know them.

Edited by Bondbug

My book says "Chips as we know them were perhaps introduced by a Belgian who had a stall in Dundee market in the early 1860s....Pommes frites had long been a favourite in his country. "

Can't win 'em all.

+1 for me ;-) , yea it's weird that you guys call fries Chips & chips Crisps :lol: ahwell every culture has its things ^^.

"Curry" sausage - is that anything like the things called 'merguez' here, a very spicy sausage from (I think) Algeria? Chareos might know them.

Altho merguez sounds familiar, I'm not sure were to place it ..

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I feel at such a disadvantage around you guys. You all seem to have a firm grasp of American pop culture, and are well cultured (I mean pop culture) in europe and other areas too. On top of that many of you are bilingual. Hats off to you! :lol:

Can't win 'em all.

Ever since I saw a spot on the food network about Pommes frites, I've been wanting to try them. I've experimented with making my own with mixed results.

you guys call fries Chips

Because they're chipped potatoes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_chip

Fed up with a customer who continued to send his fried potatoes back complaining that they were too thick and soggy, Crum decided to slice the potatoes so thin that they could not be eaten with a fork. As they could not be fried normally in a pan, he decided to stir-fry the potato slices. Against Crum's expectation, the guest was ecstatic about the new chips and they soon became a regular item on the lodge's menu, under the name "Saratoga Chips." They eventually became popular throughout New York and New England. One version of this story identifies Cornelius Vanderbilt as the customer who wanted them thinner.

Therefore before crisps were invented, chips were called chips in the US as well, until the name became synonymous with crisps.

you guys call fries Chips

Because they're chipped potatoes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_chip

Fed up with a customer who continued to send his fried potatoes back complaining that they were too thick and soggy, Crum decided to slice the potatoes so thin that they could not be eaten with a fork. As they could not be fried normally in a pan, he decided to stir-fry the potato slices. Against Crum's expectation, the guest was ecstatic about the new chips and they soon became a regular item on the lodge's menu, under the name "Saratoga Chips." They eventually became popular throughout New York and New England. One version of this story identifies Cornelius Vanderbilt as the customer who wanted them thinner.

Therefore before crisps were invented, chips were called chips in the US as well, until the name became synonymous with crisps.

Our french fies are potato "spears". many breakfast restaurants will offer "Home Fries" which are thick slices or chips fried in grease until soft. And our Chips are very thin and fried or baked crispy

You did something wrong. In the last picture from the first post, the cheese in some spots is melted but there is no gravy covering it. The cheese is not supposed to melt until the warm sauce comes in contact with it. Did you broil your cheese?