White Griffon Help

Guys, as many of you know by now with all my postings here I play a range dryad with my wife who plays a BFG SEPH. Thus far the ONLY big time downside to this combo that we have run across is farming the White Griffon who is a MAJOR pain in the butt. His combination of being very phys/ice resistant, unable to be vined and his constant debuffing makes him not only hard to kill but EXTREMELY dangerous on the harder levels. When he hits us with buffs OFF it can REALLY sting. So, other then attacking him with FIRE (done through my bow and SEPH gloves perhaps) I can't think of another strategy to make farming him less dangerous on the harder levels. I am all ears as I do not want to abandone him on account of his easy to reach location and abililty to drop lots of nice usable stuff.

Thanks

Poison helps also against him, or try using some throwing stars with Leech Life % as that will damage him based on his total HP and give you the same amount again as healing(not sure if LL% works as it should on console).

Poison helps also against him, or try using some throwing stars with Leech Life % as that will damage him based on his total HP and give you the same amount again as healing(not sure if LL% works as it should on console).

Yeah, I figured that maybe a nice ninja star + Detheya's set bonus could really help. I just need those stupid legs to get that bonus and try that out. Still HATE how he turns my buffs off. When he starts doing that I spend all my time turning them back on and sucking down healing potions since without SP I can't hit him and without Oak my Armor goes WAY DOWN.

Try to equip some rings with "-XX%Opponents chance to evade or +XX%Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks" and you should see that your hit rate increases alot and you should be able to finish him off without turning on SP all the time.

I always found the griffin to be a huge drag for all the dryads I built. His debuffing is stupid strong...actually turned me off from farming him... I did another run instead most of the times...

Castle for boar cuz portal`s so close by... then monloith to scorpion then walked from mp starter island to guardisna.. was fun quick run, no debuffing involved.

when I did go against the griffin I always used shield leech start with two sockets that I spent days shopping for.

Did I say I hated the griffin?

Good luck

:P

gogo

Make sure you have 3 Ice Relics equipped. Most of his damage is Ice. I usually just kill him without buffs after he strips them the first time. Goldenglade Touch(assuming you've modded it and have it at a high level) along with Divine Protection(again, assuming you've worked on it) should be enough to mitigate the damage he'll be doing and since you're not fooling around re-applying buffs he should be dead before DP runs out

I always found the griffin to be a huge drag for all the dryads I built. His debuffing is stupid strong...actually turned me off from farming him... I did another run instead most of the times...

Castle for boar cuz portal`s so close by... then monloith to scorpion then walked from mp starter island to guardisna.. was fun quick run, no debuffing involved.

when I did go against the griffin I always used shield leech start with two sockets that I spent days shopping for.

Good luck

:4rofl:

gogo

Been farming the Scorpion myself lately, I do not seem to get uniques from him. Bronze difficulty with level 75 (well, now she's 80), so only one-shot to kill him... and a half-decent magic find... and I cannot remember getting a single unique at all (from the Scorpion). The only reason I keep farming him now, is with the hope that "he owes me one", and will drop a legendary as I have never had one "drop" in my entire Sacred 2 gaming experience. Gotten the quest reward legendaries, of course, and I do realize that the 4-star items are extremely super-rare to drop on console... but .... sigh.... slightly fustrating.

Sooooo... walk from starter island to guardians is a "quick" run? :tongue:

Ha, just realized that you probably have 150% runspeed, and don't grind all the way to the guardians :drinks: (notsomuch)

and dont activate any monoliths because you want to keep it close to Scorpion.

Actually, I have to say that grinding demons and daemons in the wasteland has given me the most uniques (weapons, but not as much armour) for the amount of time spent there. My first time thru with a high Enhanced Perception I think I got 5 (different!) weapons on that run. I actually prefer wasteland to orc cave for XP farming, mostly for variety. And for "damage against demons" stat.

Back to the darkness.... toil.

Scorpion will drop but you have to kill him fast... no more than ten seconds...

And yeah, I switch to run gear and run to the guardians. Exactly I only keep mono for scorpion, portal for boar (GREAT drops btw)

:tongue:

gogo

never though of the scorpion... my farming runs usually consist ofGrunwaldCave dragon, Boar and banshee, as I find all relatively easy to kill, and within mount distance of a teleport/monolith though the banshee has an annoying stun :tongue:

and I see what you mean about low drop rates.... soloed to platinum level 65 (pretty proud of that)... havnt had a unique yet in 5 levels in plat, and never a legendary in 25 on gold

Good luck

:)

gogo

Debated whether or not to admit this but what the heck...... This post is the first time I ever heard/knew of a "short cut" method from MP starter to places on the map! WOWZERS! This is after like 200 hours of game time! HAHAHAHA, oh well, thanks for the information. Never ceases to amaze me what I learn every day! I never bothered to walk over there far enough to see the cave entrance... LOL

How are you guys farming these mini bosses? I've been running in and out of caves and restarting my games and the boar enither the gfriffin has respawned. I thought this was someting I was going to be able to do over and over again. I don't know how much time I've wasted trying to get them to respawn. I'll spend like an hour shopping in Thyslium (sp) then go back to the area where they can be found and they aren't home.

WHAT GIVES?! :viking:

Edited by sigma20xx
you have to save, leave and create a new free world as far as im aware :viking: they only spawn once per campaign, and once per time you make a free world

Ayup

Same as in PC

One spawn per server creation

:whip:

gogo