Goldenglade Touch might be just a weeee bit over powered...

So I just took on the Griffon with my brand spanking new level 3 Dryad. Killed him dead. Only took me... uh... somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 minutes. Yeah....

I started this character specifically to see how early I could take the Griffon on. At level 2, with no skill/attribute points spent and just the starting Bow + GGT, I was unable to do it. Lasted over 10 minutes against him, but wasn't quite enough.

Restarted the character and this time, I used the Blowgun and Ravaged Impact that was included in the starting chest, as well as GGT (from my chest, I might add. I also wanted to see just how much survivability a 1st level, bronze modded GGT affords a very low level character. I could have just saved my runes and traded everything in for enough to buy the Combat Art, but that would have taken too long and I may have leveled up too much in the process.)

Ran up to the Griffon's spot, leveled myself up to level 3 and then spent 3 points on Nature Weaver Lore so I could mod GGT with +HP regen (bronze "Flow" mod). Took Ranged Weapons as my level 3 skill pick. Put my 2 attribute points into Dexterity.

When it was all said and done, I was doing a whole 31 to 39 damage (which was more like 10 to 25 against the Griffon) with an Armor rating of 4. Sitting at 180 hitpoints with 7 health potions and 19.2% chance to hit the Griffon... took me a long time to kill him! For all that work I got a measly 250 XP haha!

Long story short: Any skill that singlehandedly allows you to take on bosses with 1,932 HP to your 180 HP, while dealing you thousands of damage... is probably a little bit unbalanced.

Not that I'm complaining though. I like showing the Griffon whose boss! :)

Edited by Scrappy McSlap

Heya,

sounds like fun! And a nice feat there :D

Oh don't worry... GGT will be a wee bit less overpowered later.... Don't get me wrong tho... it is still great :D

Just keep its casting time about a sec lower than the 12secs duration and you'll be fine!

(Now Kobold chief at level 3/4?) ;)

Greetz

Heya,

sounds like fun! And a nice feat there :D

Oh don't worry... GGT will be a wee bit less overpowered later.... Don't get me wrong tho... it is still great :D

Just keep its casting time about a sec lower than the 12secs duration and you'll be fine!

(Now Kobold chief at level 3/4?) ;)

Greetz

Haha! You challenged me to that last time I mentioned doing low level boss runs... didn't turn out so well for me. That guy makes my HP regen look pathetic! ;)

I'm not at all convinced that it's worth the time doing any kind of boss runs that early on though... the XP vs times spent fighting the boss is a total waste. I really just wanted to see how much of a difference GGT made... definitely convinced me anyways. :)

Heya,

:D

Yah.. GGT or Kobchief... wonder who wins there!

Bossruns usually start interesting me starting from level 12. Always fun to have them sets drop early on. Tho on PC, all bosses now have quest rewards (XP), makes em a bit better early on.

Greetz

Heya,

ayup, tho not much in terms of a questline...

1. Click questionmark

2. Bash Boss

3. Get reward... not even on all bosses... like Griff, you just get some extra XP with the drop, confirming that the quest is done.

Greetz

Oh. Well... I guess that's better than nothing, although it does seem kinda pointless. A lot of people already do boss runs just for the item drops, so it's not like we needed another excuse to kill these bosses over and over again. :D Still, can't complain about free XP.

So I just took on the Griffon with my brand spanking new level 3 Dryad. Killed him dead. Only took me... uh... somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 minutes. Yeah....

I started this character specifically to see how early I could take the Griffon on. At level 2, with no skill/attribute points spent and just the starting Bow + GGT, I was unable to do it. Lasted over 10 minutes against him, but wasn't quite enough.

Restarted the character and this time, I used the Blowgun and Ravaged Impact that was included in the starting chest, as well as GGT (from my chest, I might add. I also wanted to see just how much survivability a 1st level, bronze modded GGT affords a very low level character. I could have just saved my runes and traded everything in for enough to buy the Combat Art, but that would have taken too long and I may have leveled up too much in the process.)

Ran up to the Griffon's spot, leveled myself up to level 3 and then spent 3 points on Nature Weaver Lore so I could mod GGT with +HP regen (bronze "Flow" mod). Took Ranged Weapons as my level 3 skill pick. Put my 2 attribute points into Dexterity.

When it was all said and done, I was doing a whole 31 to 39 damage (which was more like 10 to 25 against the Griffon) with an Armor rating of 4. Sitting at 180 hitpoints with 7 health potions and 19.2% chance to hit the Griffon... took me a long time to kill him! For all that work I got a measly 250 XP haha!

Long story short: Any skill that singlehandedly allows you to take on bosses with 1,932 HP to your 180 HP, while dealing you thousands of damage... is probably a little bit unbalanced.

Not that I'm complaining though. I like showing the Griffon whose boss! ;)

It's an awesome Combat Art. It gets beefed up REALLY nicely with Lore.

Cast it twice...it stacks ^^

:)

gogo

p.s. It's against Guardians that we can never be too careful. If we catch the tail-end of a double crit and our GGT goes out...it's not prettty :D

p.s.s. It's a pretty fabulous animation and sound... Love when you port away, catch on fire and boost up your int and regens with Acute Mind then come back diving into the fray... it's like a Dryad Berzerker combo! :D

Yes... those guardians are pretty sneaky! :D I guess that's the catch though, making sure our builds are well rounded enough to not be completely dependent on one particular skill throughout the whole game.

GGT + Vines ROCKS. GGT takes my WILLPOWER to like 3,500 or something silly like that. So if I keep the bosses vined the only real damage they can do is by casting spells on me. Willpower limits the damage of the spells which when boosted that high makes the concept of taking a potion impossible since I get 7,500 HP/Second regen with GGT on.... yeah, its pretty powerful! LOL

GGT + Vines ROCKS. GGT takes my WILLPOWER to like 3,500 or something silly like that. So if I keep the bosses vined the only real damage they can do is by casting spells on me. Willpower limits the damage of the spells which when boosted that high makes the concept of taking a potion impossible since I get 7,500 HP/Second regen with GGT on.... yeah, its pretty powerful! LOL

I have yet to get anywhere near high enough level to have these kinds of results... gives me something to look forward to though! :)

I have yet to get anywhere near high enough level to have these kinds of results... gives me something to look forward to though! :)

Well I modded it in such a way that at a certain level I was able to suck down as many runes as I wanted without growing the regen time. I am not sure how many I read/drank/ate/whatever but it was a number of them. Only way I am dieing with that on is if I get over run by quite a number of bad guys which never happens since I shoot things from afar and have knock back as well....

Yeah, my main char is a Dryad (almost 40) and I have learned that Ancient Bark and GGT is just so OVER-POWERED! Plus, I'm using a sword/SHIELD. This char is unbelievably tough. Its rare that I ever even need GGT because of Ancient Bark but when I do drop to half health I pop it and by the time it runs out, I have taken down enough mobs for just Ancient Bark to keep me alive. I love this character.

BEST TANK IN THE GAME? (seriously...... is she?)

Lol! Anyways, this character is the only one I've made that I haven't just ditched. We'll see how I do against Gar'Collosus (probably spelt that wrong, am still in Tyr Lysia, so I only know about this boss from reading these forums. And the "Guardians" who are they? They sound tough! But I can't wait to get to them! :) A challenge is always invited by my OP Dryad.) roflroflrofl, I dominate :)

Edited by steeleraine

Yes, the bark is very strong and the GGT is probably one of the most exciting Combat Art's in the game. It's cool to catch on fire, and the sounds of this Combat Art are wonderfully empowering. But remember the bark is only offering phys and poison resistance... against guaridians at higher levels, in fact most enemies in Niobium, you will find the switch from their attacks to mostly more and more singular elemental damages. For a dryad like ours, especially if you're using Detheya's Agility, we're not having a whole bunch of built in resistances into our clothing...and if anything breathes fire at us we can't run fast enough out of the way, specially with the 20 percent weakness against fire bark gives us.

The defenses afforded dryads are very very powerful...but in light of the huge damage they have given this class, they have balanced it out with def that times out, has specific, peculiar weaknesses that can spell doom if we don't know how to "dance"

gogo

p.s. I cannot state how delightfully powerful the bark and GGT is with mastery in nature weaver lore... just makes me smile.

Yes, the bark is very strong and the GGT is probably one of the most exciting Combat Art's in the game. It's cool to catch on fire, and the sounds of this Combat Art are wonderfully empowering. But remember the bark is only offering phys and poison resistance... against guaridians at higher levels, in fact most enemies in Niobium, you will find the switch from their attacks to mostly more and more singular elemental damages. For a dryad like ours, especially if you're using Detheya's Agility, we're not having a whole bunch of built in resistances into our clothing...and if anything breathes fire at us we can't run fast enough out of the way, specially with the 20 percent weakness against fire bark gives us.

The defenses afforded dryads are very very powerful...but in light of the huge damage they have given this class, they have balanced it out with def that times out, has specific, peculiar weaknesses that can spell doom if we don't know how to "dance"

gogo

p.s. I cannot state how delightfully powerful the bark and GGT is with mastery in nature weaver lore... just makes me smile.

pretty sure I am yet to master weaver lore... something to look forward to :)

Still find it funny though to watch me do 3K damage to monsters and then read the 87K that my wife does! Good stuff!

• 5 months later...

Compared to the other toons in the game...with the awesome passive protection they have, and with the insight that r00ster has given us into the dryad mechanics.. I'm not so sure she's so overpowered anymore.. up in Niobium at least

:devil:

gogo

This is just purely going off of very basic statistics and such on the wiki for combat arts so I am sure there are other things to factor in ontop of this but here goes.

For Goldenglade Touch at CA level 1 you gain 30hp/s regen, add in the bronze mod of Flow (increased health regen of 7hp/s +15hp/s per CA level) then this would be a health regen of 52hp/s regen for 8 seconds at CA level 1.

Now compare the seraphim's Hallowed restoration, at CA level 1 with it's preferable bronze mod, Recuperation (10hp/s +20hp/s per CA level) then this is 60hp/s regen for 10 seconds at CA level 1.

As we can see by basic figures alone, then HR would be the superior healing skill.

My pondering then is this: Are mods affected by anything? such as CA Lore, to increase the hp regen of Recuperation. And if so which skill has the potential to become the superior regen skill? GGT or HR?

Im not sure which is the best, but both are pretty darn strong. Nature Weaver lore raises the amount healed by GGT and Celestial Magic lore probably does the same for hallowed, I havent got much experience with seraphim's at all though so Im not sure on that.