Supreme Commander 2

Greetings, its been a while ;)

anyone else bought this game, is thinking about it or played supcom 1/forged alliance?

it was released last friday and I like it. still needs some patching and balancing though,

but when its all fixed it can become a long lasting game (for me at least)

the biggest problem is the attitude on the supcom2 forums... OMG those kids are nasty..

most topics are titled something like: it sucks, chris taylor (main dev) ripped us off, I want my money back.

mostly because of the changes from its predecessor FA (forged alliance). that was a rather complex game which took quite some time to get used to.

the new game made it all a bit easier: the economics are easier to understand, less units to choose from (most of the units in FA were useless

or were never used in 1v1 ranked anyway, so no problems there id say) and the graphics have changed.

the attitude of some people on those forums are truly childish and can cost the game quite some players who first inform themselves about purchases they make.

seeing the first page of a forum filled with troll baiting and childish whining isn't a good insentive (?correct word choice?) to buy a game id say...

give the devs some time to fix stuff first before ranting about whatever...

I like the game and as stated before, with some bug patching and balancing it can become a great game worthy of its predecessors.

:drool: Ride on :)

Edit: for those interested, some pro guy from supcom 1 is doing a live stream demo in a few minutes here, talking about the game and playing a few games

Edited by gogoblender

I will give it a try when I get the chance. I play a lot of Star Trek Online this days. I liked the first one and the expansion. It was a good RTS. :drool:

Heya!

it has been a while indeed!

Hehe, no worries, the Cavalry rides still :drool: Not so much tho.

I am unfamiliar with this game... might give it a go if the opportunity rises.

Greetz, and visit Ancaria sometime :)

Greetz

• 2 weeks later...

Hey pony, great seeing you here!

And... dang...thats one good looking game ^^ I know Schot is totally into RTS's and I am a bit too. Maybe if Sacred 2 winds down there will be time for Supreme Commander 2 as well!

:)

gogo