Is there a way to change screenshots from Tga to Jpg?

I've been taking a lot of screenshots in order to research the items and after a hundrend or so of them it takes up a lot of space because each screenshot in "tga" format is about 5 megs.

So I'm wondering if there is a way in the settings or some text document that it can be changed from tga format to jpg format.

Has anyone tried to change it? Can it be changed? :drinks:

Thanks

I've been taking a lot of screenshots in order to research the items and after a hundrend or so of them it takes up a lot of space because each screenshot in "tga" format is about 5 megs.

So I'm wondering if there is a way in the settings or some text document that it can be changed from tga format to jpg format.

Has anyone tried to change it? Can it be changed? :P

Thanks

I dont think so men, as far I took screenshoot from sacred2, the format is jpg not tga

I dont think so men, as far I took screenshoot from sacred2, the format is jpg not tga

Really? Just what version of sacred 2 are you running? :(

I use the UK international version. Even before that it was always tga in the screenshots folder under C:\Users\(user login name)\Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2.

Mine always come out as TGA, and I just put them into GIMP and re-save them as JPGs or PNGs.

I knew that GIMP had a TGA format, even before playing Sacred, because I used it for saving modified pictures for Neverwinter Nights XD;;

Another great thing about GIMP, eh?

Mine always come out as TGA, and I just put them into GIMP and re-save them as JPGs or PNGs.

I knew that GIMP had a TGA format, even before playing Sacred, because I used it for saving modified pictures for Neverwinter Nights XD;;

I can convert them after I get out of the game using PSP (Paint Shop Pro) but that's not the problem.

What I'd like is when I take the screenshot during gameplay that it saves it right then as a jpg, that way it doesn't take up so much disk space and I don't have to chnage them later on.

• 2 weeks later...

I can convert them after I get out of the game using PSP (Paint Shop Pro) but that's not the problem.

What I'd like is when I take the screenshot during gameplay that it saves it right then as a jpg, that way it doesn't take up so much disk space and I don't have to chnage them later on.

I use Xfire and it save as a jpg.

Here's a relevant question: is there anyway to change the default location where the screenshots are saved? By default it saves to My Documents\My Pictures.

Do you mean "My Documents\My Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2"? What OS? Windows XP?

Here's a relevant question: is there anyway to change the default location where the screenshots are saved? By default it saves to My Documents\My Pictures.

Do you mean "My Documents\My Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2"? What OS? Windows XP?

My apologies for the lack of info. I'm running XP Pro. And yes, by default the screenshots go to "My Documents\My Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2". I'm just wondering if it's possible to set a different path for them to be stored, short of changing the default location of My Documents. ;-)

Edited by junkcollector

Haha, nice same "problem" as in Sacred 1.

Sacred 1 can save screenshots in TGA and JPEG. In which format it saves depands on the shortcut you use to do the screenshot. You can use the Print key or you can use Ctrl+S (I think it was S maybe it was B dont remember). One of them saves in TGA the other in JPEG. I bet it's the same in Sacred 2. ^^

My apologies for the lack of info. I'm running XP Pro. And yes, by default the screenshots go to "My Documents\My Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2". I'm just wondering if it's possible to set a different path for them to be stored, short of changing the default location of My Documents. ;-)

Yes, it is possible. Do as follows:

1. Download an application called LinkMagic from here http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm and install it.

2. Remove all files from the "My Documents\My Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2" directory.

3. Run LinkMagic. It starts looking for junction points. Wait or click on "Cancel".

edit: 3a. Something I forgot: click on "More info" and read carefully "Junction point precautions".

4. Click on "Create".

5. On the left choose "My Documents\My Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2" as a junction point.

6. On the right choose a destination directory -- whatever you want (not a system dir, of course).

7. Click on "Create" and confirm a following message.

8. LinkMagic now will show data on the new junction point. Close the app and enjoy.

Edited by Scuzzy

@Thorium: No Sacred 2 seems to only do tga. Tried every key on the board with ctrl. Only ctrl+print worked.

ok I'm using apllication called prtscr, so you just press prtscr while playing game, and it'll automaticly convert the screenshot to jpg. I use the UK international version.

Edited by mackeyz