The ultimate leecher seraphim build

Dobri

Ever since I started getting kaldurs and spawned some Tom Felde's, I've been thinking about a strong life leech build that can both farm bosses quickly and when you get bored of the grinding, fool around the map as well.

And here's where I ended up:

Lv 2 - Tactics Lore - 5 points here for a long time. Just enough to open dual wield.

Lv 3 - Armor Lore - as I usually do, 20 points here for a long time, just enough to wear high-level gear and reduce the regen times.

Lv 5 - Dual Wield - 1 point here and boost with all skills for a while, until I'm finished mastering the important skills.

Lv 8 - Exalted Warrior Focus - this skill will be mastered by level 75 in order to gain a lot from Battle Stance.

Lv 12 - Revered Technology Focus - this is the next skill I will master by level 75 in order to gain modifiers for Archangels and Warding Energy, as well as reduce the regen times as much as I can

Lv 18 - Concentration - 1 point here for a while that will help me use 2 buffs. I will also master it later on to add he 3rd one.

Lv 25 - Warding Lore - The third skill I will master by level 75. Level 25 is a good one to take this skill, because one usually start the guardian farming around 26-30. Since I'm not taking constitution, this will act as extra HP.

Lv 35 - Toughness - 1 point for starters, will master it eventually. With the celestial set and endijian's wings handy, the overall damage mitigation will be quite high.

Lv 50 - Speed Lore - 1 point for starters, will master it as well. Some extra atk/def values is very welcome against the highest defense enemies in the game - the guardians.

Lv 65 - Celestial Magic Focus - 1 point here till I get the 3rd buff option, then some points here to mod Cleansing Brilliance and Baneful Smite.

All this build needs is Celestial set + 2 x Kaldurs or Kaldur's + Felde's unlockable sword, and 2x Felde's at lower levels.

Masteries:

1. Exalted Focus - 75 and more after I'm done with the masteries.

1. Revered Focus - 75 and more after I'm done with the masteries.

1. Warding Lore - 75 and more after I'm done with the masteries.

2. Concentration - 75 points.

3. Dual Wield - 75 points.

4. Speed Lore - 75 points.

5. Toughness - 75 points.

6. Armor Lore - 75 points.

7. Celestial Focus - we'll see. Around 30 points is a must to mod 2 combat arts and keep Cleansing Brilliance at a respectable level.

8. Tactics Lore - 5 pts, may add more if I get frequent breaks from boss hunting.

This gives me good defense and good chance to hit the guardians, since the celestial set is low on sockets and the kaldurs have only 2 gold, unlike the officer's saber. I really want to go for the best chance to hit them provided by skills and combat arts before I start working on the equipment. A high innate chance to hit will require less opponent's chance to evade and chance that opponent cannot evade attacks modifiers, which will open up more space for + all skills, + chance to find valuables and + XP per kill.

Attributes are simple. I'm thinking about all vitality or 1 vit/+1 or 2 willpower. I'm not sure yet.

Combat arts are also an easy choice:

Exalted aspect: Pelting Strikes, Dashing Alacrity, Battle Stance

Revered aspect: Archangel's Wrath, Warding Energy and Divine Devotion, in case the primary shield fails.

Celestial aspect: Baneful smite for its reduction of enemy attributes and Cleansing Brilliance for its reduction in enemy defense values.

- Archangel's Wrath is the main CA, which will be left at level 1 throughout the game. The task is to have as low regeneration time on it as possible. Besides, it's execution speed is high without revered lore, which is a big bonus, effectively saving up a skill pick. It also has a good synergy with dashing alacrity, which will be modded for bloodlust to benefit from the extra atk/cast speed increase. The most important mod here is Salvo, which makes the seraphim shoot 2 bolts at the target, effectively providing double life leech each hit.

- Dashing Alacrity is the support for this build. The mods for it will be simple - Bloodlust - Delay - Impatience. We want ti chain-castable asap. Since this is not a pure caster build, and AW will stay at level 1 throughout the game, additional reduction in regen times is not needed.

- Warding energy will be modded for best defense - Projectile Reflection, Magic Mirror, Block.

- Battle Stance will be modded for best defense and most chance to hit - Premonition, Flexibility, Retaliation

- Cleansing Brilliance has only 1 important mod - that's the Blind Bronze mod. It decreases the def values of all monsters inside the aura, which has a great synergy with all atk value boosting skills and combat arts, effectively making the guardians and other bosses much easier to hit.

Technically, in platinum, this build has around 6% life leech per hit. With salvo, this becomes 12%. With level 1 AW, and a regen time of under 1s, this means you can drop anything, even a boss in less than 10 seconds. This is downright awesome.

This does sound like an interesting build Dobri. I'm experimenting with a staff wielder and pelting strikes. I think I could easily adapt this build to meet that playing style. I've also been trying Cleansing Brillance as my second buff and Warding Energy as my third. Not sure that will get me all the way up to Niobium yet.

Well, this build is based entirely on % life leeching, and the staves don't have that. Technically, she'll do well anywhere else with staves or other weapons as well, but it will be a slow going. Big XP is almost always a product of quick mass killing or boss grinding. Still, it's worth the try :)

Heya,

9% :blink:

I would really like to see a screenshot of that one. Are you sure this is LL%, a brown modifier, instead of a yellow modifier?

The yellow mod is not% based, but a fixed number.

Besides, 10% would be way over the top, you are even hard pressed to reach that high with a Dual Kals wielding Dryad in Detheya.

As Dobri said, LL% is not known to spawn on staffs.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

I will take another look at it. It is possible that I missread it.

It is not a percentage, it is a yellow modifier. I did misread it.

Edited by Ysne58

Heya,

yah, I thought as much :D No problem!

There are a few one-handers that do spawn with it:

-Kal'Dur's Legacy

-Rare shurikens

-Unlockable Tom Felde's Thunderous Voice

Sets that give LL%

-CC-10 Combat for TG (Full set)

-Detheya for Dryad (full set)

-Revelation of the Seraphim (8 pieces)

Twohanded

- Rare Polearms/swords

- Khral's Sceptre (Legendary)

- Thunderstrike (Legendary)

Maybe 1 or 2 that elude me right now :D

If you ever need such stuff, feel free to ask!

Greetz

Barristan - the biggest Kaldur's Legacy axe hoarder on the forums :P Even the bugs give him Kaldurs as soon as he logs in ;)

In any case, even a single LL% weapon is enough to ensure smooth going, but still, LL% is also overrated and has a price "attached" to it. Mass killing on a 5-man server is much faster than solo boss grinding, especially if you go for lots and lots of +XP per kill. For example, with over 300% XP per kill, my 158 utility bosskiller takes about 2 hours to gain a level - while a mass-killer in a big server does it in a lot less time, because there is no server resets - only kill-kill-kill!

Barristan - the biggest Kaldur's Legacy axe hoarder on the forums :P Even the bugs give him Kaldurs as soon as he logs in ;)

yeah! But that is because I threaten to kill them if they don't :D

Greetz

Greetz

I was wondering when you're going to reveal the secret of getting so much of those items... Now we all know it :P

I think even the +9 on that staff will help with health down the road when my seraphim can use it. I'm experimenting with a build no one would in their right mind would ever try under any other circumstances. I'm going through bronze and checking all the quests I find against the wiki.

First three skills were Enhanced Perception, Tactics Lore, Bargaining. Then Concentration and Staffs. I'm maxing out EP and Bargaining first. So far I have managed to keep her alive. Haven't quite made it to Thylysium yet. She is level 14 now. I'm curious as to what level she will manage to achieve after doing every quest avialable to her in the game. The two buffs I'm using are Battle Stance and Cleansing Brilliance. My main combat art is Pelting Strikes. The staff does attack at a distance if my seraphim takes out all the melee enemies before the combat art ends. I did need to make this more interesting for myself, and this build is definitely a huge challenge.

Heya,

yah, I thought as much :D No problem!

There are a few one-handers that do spawn with it:

-Kal'Dur's Legacy

-Rare shurikens

-Unlockable Tom Felde's Thunderous Voice

Sets that give LL%

-CC-10 Combat for TG (Full set)

-Detheya for Dryad (full set)

-Revelation of the Seraphim (8 pieces)

Twohanded

- Rare Polearms/swords

- Khral's Sceptre (Legendary)

- Thunderstrike (Legendary)

Maybe 1 or 2 that elude me right now :D

If you ever need such stuff, feel free to ask!

Greetz

Thanks for the offer Barristan. I want to see how well I can develop this build on my own. I do appreciate having the info on ll% in one post.

Greetz

And then you kill them so the rest of us dont get any!

Hey Dobs..

Being that Barri is hoarding the Kal'durs, what (if any) changes would you make if you were going to run this build with a LL% star and shield.

If I somehow come across a pair of Kal'durs (or if I can bribe Barri :P), it'd be nice to be able to switch to DW, so I would want to keep that in the build.

That would not be very easy... Well, technically, you can use shuriken + shield in this build as it is. All you need to do is go heavy on the battle stance buff in order to boost your attack value greatly. I have tried that in the all-out-attack build (http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17562) and it works perfectly. I used a shield + shuriken with her all the time and had no problems.

The most important thing in this case is to go for the BS buff and speed lore quickly, without neglecting the defense and offense, as well as keep a few +atk rating BS arts in the sockets to boost the chance to hit or simply shop a few chance that enemy cannot evade attacks stuff.

With any luck, you'll get your own kaldur's legacy at one point. Then you can simply use the codes to spawn a felde's sword and there goes the dual :) Kaldur's and Felde's actually pair up quite well thanks to felde's sword attributes.

Neat build indeed. Should try this at some point too. Only thing is that I've yet to see even a glipse of that fabled Kal'Dur's... And only playing SP softcore.

Was there a required level or something for it to drop or am I just incredibly unlucky with this one?

It spawns every 20 levels, so levels range from 20 to 200. Chances to get such a drop from a boss or monster are low, really low, but eventually, it pays off. I personally, have only 2 of them - one is level 80, the second one is level 160. I am also yet to fill up the collection, but sooner or later, it will happen :)

PS> I think the chance to drop it is very low because when Ascaron transformed the Kaldur's Legendary to Kaldur's Unique they forgot to increase the chance to drop and the unique still drops as rarely as a legendary item with the difference that the unique can drop from any monster, while the legendaries only drop from bosses.

Edited by Dobri
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Dobs..

Being that Barri is hoarding the Kal'durs, what (if any) changes would you make if you were going to run this build with a LL% star and shield.

If I somehow come across a pair of Kal'durs (or if I can bribe Barri :P), it'd be nice to be able to switch to DW, so I would want to keep that in the build.

I didn't notice Dreeft's question here... Well, if I were to run a star + shield, I would use my utility bosshunter build: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14752 - this is the guide to my ranged bosskiller. Star + Shield is even more overpowered than dual kaldurs because you get even more defensive skills and the guardians can barely dent her health.

On to the leecher seraphim. Got her to 83 today with 1 kaldur's + 1 felde sword. She's leeching for 3.5% per hit, which is pretty damn impressive at this stage. In a few levels I will be able to use my spawned level 111 felde's sword, which will improve the leeching a little bit more.

With 1 vit per level and alternating between 2 vit or 1 vit/1 will after level 50, and only 2 shield capacity boosters, she has 6.6k HP, 13.5k shield, and all 3 buffs. I am very pleased with the girl - she kills quickly even with +150% xp per kill. Only a few levels more and I'll improve that % by at least 50%. Can't wait to get there!