Linking the "Standard" Armor Sets On Character Pages

Good idea! If a member was, let's saying, going to shop for ideas on a class, then having that link go to an intro/get your feet wet page would increase user experience.

Starting from baseline page like that is a very good idea.

Wholly agreed

:)

gogo

I saw that the other day too and it made me pause. I didn't realize the word set was being used in regards to non set item groupings of armor. Since the word set, and set items, in the game was initially intended for set tiems, it may complicate it's intended meaning if the wiki uses the word set to also describe non set items. Maybe "matching" ior "matched" nstead? Or some other word?

Alright I've redirected the links to the main "Standard Armor" Page.

It's a tricky concept to handle on the wiki, because technically it includes the "real" set items as well. And even in the installation folders, the files names, ("cloth" set, "iron" set, etc.) they're in the "sets" folder together with the "real" set items. So I can see how it ended up being called that.

I'm avoiding the term "sets" myself. I'm using the term "Standard Items." Maybe someone will come up with a better term.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Costume, uniform, apparel, attire, wardrobe. garb, gear.... :wow:

Nah, I can't think of anything better than "suit" or "outfit". I'm probably leaning a bit toward outfit myself.

Alright the 7 character pages have been changed to "Suits." Knuckles if you want to change any wording on the Standard Set Items Page I guess that's up to you. :)

All good with suits

so...sets and suits ... ^^

neat

:D

gogo

p.s. this reminds me of old days when there was no real name for epic/legendary items. First game version had come out, and, of course, half the game wasn't made yet :4rofl: At that point, we had to come up with strange rules stating that we THOUGHT that most of the uniques were simply randoms stuffs, but weren't sure, and so had to actulaly put a "hypothesis" on the Wiki, while we began to collect seeming hundreds and hundreds of items till next patch came out, and all of a sudden ...the uniques appeared. I think at this time, no wording was put forth officiallly by Ascaron on what the legendaries were called, and I remember speaking with Schot and others thinking what a momentous moment this was, and that we had to decide.

We went with Legendaries because of WoW

Or so the story goes

;)

gogo