Sacred 2 - Trouble reaching high levels

Aw, don't feel bad, everyone has different levels of knowledge and plenty of us are still learning new things after years of playing. No one's judgmental here, the last thing we'd want is for you to feel stupid. :hugs: Just do whatever makes you have fun and be relaxed.

I agree the werewolves are super goofy looking. As a huge werewolf fan I can say they were not even kinda scary.

Did you know the Twitty Tister bar is an homage to the ending of the film From Dusk til Dawn? It's almost the same scenario except they were vampires in that movie.

The shared chest: it's always around, for every character, every game, every difficulty level - they all share it. This was a godsend, as it was something Sacred 1 was sorely lacking.

EDIT: and there's another benefit to you posting - someone in the future may have questions that this thread answers for them but didn't have the courage to ask. Well, thanks to you this thread exists and may help them out!

Edited by Flix

Banshee, there are some marvelous items to be downloaded here, among them Stalwart Safeguard. I'll leave a link below for your convenience. There are instructions within the zip file how to install it in your game, where it will appear in the shared chest. You must be careful what you are doing or you may lose your shared items. The shared chest will always appear from one character to another. If you place items there and start a new character the new toon will be able to find the items that you left in the shared portion of the chest. It's rather like having a secret compartment in the chest. I agree, the level of detail, interesting places, music, and the experience of visiting the lands of Ancaria make the Sacred 2 world a place that seems to never get tiresome. I'm not sure who designed the werewolves, I'm sure that it must be one of those who are dispersed on the map with an exclamation mark above their heads as part of the epic office quest. The secret to that fun quest starts in the jungle to the south and east, there is a hidden ancient underground vault with a switch which unlocks "something Wonderful". Banshee, please don't be put off by the seemingly overwhelming plethora of knowledge here. Each of us also began our own learning process at some point. It would be a loss to us all if members such as yourself did not participate and avail us of helpful information and advice; your interaction here is quite welcome.

Following are some quick instructions if you wished to download and install an item into your game. First download the Stalwart Safeguard. (or other item or items within a single chest file) You must first go to your saved games folder and find your original Chest.sacred2chest file and save it somewhere safe. I prefer to make a new folder with a brief description, such as the date, then paste your current Chest.sacred2chest file into it and store it away. The saved games folder is found in your documents in Ascaron Entertainment then Sacred 2 folder. There are instructions within the zip file too. Now that you have secured your current file you may add the Chest.sacred2chest file from the zip file. When you load the game your character will have their new shield in a variety of levels! Now clear what you wish to save of the shields from the shared folder, you may sell the rest for some quick gold. I prefer to then save my game and exit and then replace the Chest.sacred2chest file with my original one (copy and paste) into the saved games folder. When you restart now, all your old shared items are back. Yes, it's a lot of trouble to go through and some believe that it's more fun to wait for the drop; I'm sure that you know of the joy from finding something special in the game unexpectedly. I do hope that you will not forsake the forums. The link is below; I'll see you in Ancaria!

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/87-stalworth-safeguard/

Thanks. You’ve kinda restored my faith in human beings! I guess I have been taking this too seriously because I want to get it right. My Husband is great at all of this and has helped me so much but as we are different characters, he’s a Shadow Warrior; it’s difficult for him to help me while we are in there but with the help I’ve received from some of the members on here as well as his I feel I now have the chance to understand the hugely enjoyable experience of all that is Sacred and have a feeling it is going to be in our lives for a long time to come. It’s only since being introduced to Sacred that I understand why there are so many people who love gaming so much. I didn’t get it before.

Thanks also for the link; again, my husband is the brains in our family of two so he will no doubt install the Stalwart for me. Although I do like the feeling of finding good items in the field as you said Hooyaah.

I do hope this topic helps someone in the future.

Hi Hooyaah,

I haven’t come across the Stalwart Safeguard yet but will look out for it. My Seraphim made it to level 50 last night, my Husband and I only have time to play for a couple of hours in the evening, and I am slowly getting the CAs regen time lower and lower and am hoping to take her as far as I can without having to start a new game, that way I can learn by my mistakes and not make them with the next one. I don't think I should have joined this forum as the level of knowledge in here is very overwhelming and when I don't grasp what is being said I feel stupid. I’ll stick to reading forums in the future!

You are right about my husband and me. We do everything together and when we started playing Sacred he was delighted I was enjoying it. I can’t imagine not playing it with him now.

Twitty Tister is just one example of the detail they put into these games. The bones and skulls at the back of the building were amazing. There are so many wonderful places that visiting it all again is a must in order to appreciate the work that’s gone into it.

The one thing I want to know is who designed the Werewolves? All the other creatures in Sacred are true to what they are or what we think they are like the zombies or the skeletons but the Werewolves always make me laugh. I don’t think the designer has read many books or watched many werewolf films. Where did the way they walk come from?

In an earlier post you mentioned putting spare stuff into the shared chest and starting again. How is the shared chest still around in a new game?

Thanks Banshee.

First of all, I will apologize if I came off a bit harsh with any previous post.

Actually, it's a good thing to talk with people who have such knowledge and ask questions. It's one way of gaining knowledge. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Werewolves... Hard to say who exactly designed them. But for the most part, I found the look satisfactory - even if there are only a few repetitious models of them. Kind of find it hard to believe that every werewolf - male or female - is wearing the same clothing every other one wears. But I do realize there is a limit to how many types they can squeeze into the game and have room for everything else. Truth be told, the way they walk would be more along the lines of how I would picture a real lycanthrope to look/move. These are more wolf than human. Don't forget werewolves in most movies are real humans running around in furry makeup. More recent trends use CGI replacements for the actors so they can do pretty much anything they want.

The shared chest... It's around because it's stored in an independent file. If you look in the Saved Game directory you'll find files called "Hero021.sacred2save" and "Hero021.sacred2stats" and one file called "Chest.sacred2chest".

The Hero021.sacred2save file stores your actual character's information between games.

The Hero021.sacred2stats file stores text based statistics for the game - how much gold you've got, how far along you've got, how many of each bad guy you've killed, your character's choice in gods, your alignment to dark or light, etc...

The chest.sacred2chest file stores the shared items in the game and stores your group's achievements. These can be found in the log book on the 3rd tab on the top.

Just so you should know, Banshee, I joined this forum around the end of 2010, yet participated more in the other sections of the forum like the media area or the art areas for a good long while, probably a couple of years even, before I felt grounded enough to give my 2 cents in a discussion thread like this. In other words, everyone starts out where you are now, and some of us take a while to get used to the game. No one here magically knows Sacred the first time, so nothing to be ashamed of. The only thing everyone should concern themselves over is their behaviour, vets and newbies alike. I've been to plenty of forums, and trust me, it's hard to find one that is not a total cesspool. So definitely stick around and not only get your questions answered, but enjoy the forum as well. DM is one of the few places I can actually enjoy the forum without the urge to punch someone.

As far as shields go, aside from the stalworth safeguard, two other shields I recommend as well, and both of them are quite similar save that one is slightly better while the other drops more often than the other. They happen to be Kira's Wall and Glacial Defender. I'm on console, so I am only able to get Glacial Defender, but if you have Ice and Blood, you have both available. The damage mitigation they provide are quite attractive especially in the late game.

I appreciate your knowledge of werewolf’s wolfie2kX. I found their walk very funny and they looked out of proportion that was all. I am also grateful for the information about the way the chest and other information is stored.

Shields - I lost the Stalwort Safeguard to my Husband the Shadow Warrior last night. We are very good and if one has an item the other can use and it is just making a hole in the back pack or chest then we swap or loan items to eachother but he found the shield so it is only fair he uses it although he did offer it to my Seraphim. I am very glad to learn there are two more shields which can help me, Kira's Wall and Glacial Defender. Kira’s wall is awesome with its armor of 396 and I wouldn’t mind the Iridescent Shard and Kira’s Guardian either. The Glacial Defender is amazing also and would go very well with her Artamark’s star and Holy Protection. It’s nice to have something to aim for.

My Seraphim is on level 52 now and has Concentration as her 9th skill. It has made such a difference having two shields albeit they are quite weak at the moment as Concentration needs to be built up but she is so much stronger now than she would have been if I hadn’t come on here for advice. I also change the Saber to the Exalted Warrior cat a few levels back and that has helped.

There is going to be a time very soon when we will have to start a new campaign again in Silver but I am quite sad to have to let her go. Did any of you feel the same when you started Sacred? I have built a life for her and have spent the best part of 100 hours with her and we have been through alot together. Some will think me daft some will agree but I don’t believe you can spend so much time with something and not feel attached to it. There is no way I can take her through to Gold at level 60, which I believe is the earliest we could start gold, as she would get eaten alive. She is not strong enough for that and we have nearly finished Ice and Blood. I will definitely choose the Seraphim again for the next time as I want to see her when she has all the right equipment and I bet she is awesome.

Yep, I know what you mean Banshee.

Edit: The start area maxes out at between levels 37 and 41 up to about Thylysium. Don't give up on her just yet. You may be able to build her up to handle the rest of Silver and into the early areas of Gold.

Edited by Ysne58

You can get into Gold at level 60. What I would do is try it and see how it goes. You can always go back and forth between Silver and Gold. When you get to 100, try out the next level in the same fashion.

I suspect that with being able to develop concentration over time, your seraphim can still be viable.

Yes thanks for the link.

It’ seems to be out of my hands when I give her up now because my Husband wants to start afresh with a either a Dragon Mage or Temple Guardian. He isn’t happy with his Shadow Warrior build as he too was learning as this is the first time he’s been on Sacred 2 as well.

I’m now wondering if I can continue this game on my own while having a new game with my Husband. I have had to sign into our current game to get the information to post on here sometimes and am able to do things on my own whilst in there. I’ll have to ask him if that’s possible as that way I get the best of both worlds. At least I would get to know whether she can get to level 80 and tackle gold.

Banshee, also, don't forget, less is more (to a point) when it comes to reading/using Combat Art & Buff Runes. The exception being the buff Grand Invigoration for the High Elf. There is a very well written plan for a superlatively successful High Elf build here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/15510-locos-piromante-ice-blood

There are also some particularly good builds here as well for the Seraphim:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Seraphim_Guides

Additionally, your hubby may wish to peruse some of the remarkable builds for the Shadow Warrior below:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Shadow_Warrior_Guides

Much appreciated info from all of you. I have a lot of reading to do! It's also great to know I can continue with my Seraphim and start a new game with my Husband. Good times ahead. :)

The Shadow Warrior is one I have gotten to know real well, at least if we're talking a weapon based one as opposed to a summoner one. The Temple Guardian is one of the trickier characters to get right compared to the Shadow Warrior, but is still fun especially once you understand the game. If he has questions, let us know. :-)