Forest Guardian doesn't spawn

Hey, so I'm playing Sacred 2 Ench Edition, and this mini boss just doesn't exist, he is nowhere, I covered every bit of ground where he should be. Is he moved in this mod or do I have to do something before he spawns? 

Thanks in advance.

Someone else mentioned the same thing a little while back.  I checked and he was always right where he was supposed to be.  What level is your character, and what difficulty level are you on?

Forest Guardian is a weird boss in that he's added via the sector files (like a merchant NPC) instead of as a taskcreature in quest.txt.  I may just add him via script like the other bosses.

56 minutes ago, Flix said:

Someone else mentioned the same thing a little while back.  I checked and he was always right where he was supposed to be.  What level is your character, and what difficulty level are you on?

Forest Guardian is a weird boss in that he's added via the sector files (like a merchant NPC) instead of as a taskcreature in quest.txt.  I may just add him via script like the other bosses.

Level 60, Silver dif. Hm, is there a way I can summon him with console using a script or would I need to modify game files? If so do you know how to achieve that? Thanks

Ok in 3.0 I made it so he'll just spawn through quest.txt like all other bosses.  I've removed him from the sector file.  The player should notice no difference except that he'll reliably be there every game session.

CwYeaU9.jpg

8 hours ago, Flix said:

Someone else mentioned the same thing a little while back.

That'd be me mate. :D

So, this issue is resolved I reckon? Out of curiosity why is this boss spawned in a different way from others in the files?

4 hours ago, Flix said:

The player should notice no difference except that he'll reliably be there every game session.

Except when you kill it right? Or does he respawn in the same difficulty level even if you kill it?

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Out of curiosity why is this boss spawned in a different way from others in the files?

Because he?she?it?'s the only boss/miniboss without a quest associated with. Dragons don't count because while most of them don't have a quest (S2EE gives the T-Energy dragon a quest), they have an achievement.

Btw tested it and he doesn't spawn for me either, whether I first create a character and then install S2EE or vice versa.

Yeah, "he/she/it" is always an issue of consistensy for me when I write about game monsters. :D

I don't think the Forest Guardian ever spawned on my game ever since CM 1.60, and none of the resident modders where ever able to understand why.

There is another respawning boss that does not have an associated quest, and that is the Scaron.  But even Scaron is spawned via script like all other bosses.

In 3.0 decided to make the Forest Guardian be like Scaron and respawn (via quest.txt) every game session.

I'm baffled by the reports that he's not there.  He's always been there whenever I check.  At any rate, the issue should be squashed once and for all in the upcoming release.

I just checked it a few days ago and it's not spawning for me either. I just didn't paid that much attention to it and moved on since I wasn't farming it anyway. But yeah, this issue is here for me as well but I always thought I am the only one with it.

Edited by RavenLight
On 11/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, Flix said:

There is another respawning boss that does not have an associated quest, and that is the Scaron.  But even Scaron is spawned via script like all other bosses.

In 3.0 decided to make the Forest Guardian be like Scaron and respawn (via quest.txt) every game session.

I'm baffled by the reports that he's not there.  He's always been there whenever I check.  At any rate, the issue should be squashed once and for all in the upcoming release.

Is there a quick fix I can do, remove him from script files (also where is the file located)? If not I'll just wait for the update. Thanks you all for helping out :D

38 minutes ago, empty said:

Is there a quick fix I can do, remove him from script files (also where is the file located)? If not I'll just wait for the update. Thanks you all for helping out

You'd be better off waiting for the release.  But you can paste this at the bottom of  scripts/server/quest.txt:

quest.createTaskCreature(8189, {
itemtype = 10205,
creature = 1433,
faction_id = 27,
ismortal = 1,
isfighting = 0,
persistent = 1,
position = { 13,3,0 , 800.350,1850.000,0.000, 213.000 },
})

That would add him. His name would be blank though.

And without him being removed from the sector files I guess there's always a chance 2 could spawn at once.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...