Photo

The self-sufficient High Elf - it's all about performance!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,444 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

From the beginning, eat as much as you need to keep the regen times within playable limits. When you manage to mod incandescent skin, grand invigoration, get some + all skills items, you will see that the regen times are starting to decline rapidly. Then you can eat more runes freely :drinks:

Char status:

Taerima, level 80 Guardian

Bai Dobchan, level 80 Elementalist

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#42 Kanafire

Kanafire

Radon Master

• Fellowship
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

From the beginning, eat as much as you need to keep the regen times within playable limits. When you manage to mod incandescent skin, grand invigoration, get some + all skills items, you will see that the regen times are starting to decline rapidly. Then you can eat more runes freely :drinks:

thanks, I've been holding off on the rune consumption because of the jump in regen time. My problem is I haven't visited the runemaster yet and don't have incandescent skin. I may just say screw it and start over, level 10 isn't hard to get. Would you recomend the special mount for the HE?
Posted Image

#43 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

For the build I'm proposing - no. We don't have a free pick for it. I'd rather add fleetness on grand invigoration for speed and use good set of pantaloons and/or boots for some speed (which I'm doing and it works great).

However, if you want a mount, substitute Enhanced perception for riding, get yourself a pyro-based mount. If leveled up properly, it should further decrease the regen times of the Combat Arts.

As for Incandescent skin, you should probably do the runemaster quest in Sloeford and trade for it. Make sure you mod it quickly (2 times for reduction of regen of Pyro Combat Arts) and the regen times will be significantly reduced.

Char status:

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#44 stubbie

stubbie

Carbon Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

Quick question Dobri.
In your first post you mention putting skill points into Bargaining at the ratio

your level *2 at start/ your level*3 later on.

Just to clarify......do you mean your level x 2 at start/ your level x 3 later on?

For example; at character level 5 I should have 10 points in Bargaining and at level 50 I should have 150 points in Bargaining.

Sorry for question,,,,,,, I just wasn't sure what the "*" referred to :)

#45 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:05 AM

To answer your question :)

For example; at character level 5 I should have 10 points in Bargaining and at level 50 I should have 150 points in Bargaining.
-> My point, exactly. The more bargaining you have, the better items will appear. However, based on that build, it's expected to stop adding points in bargaining at about level 50, because you will need constitution up to 75 by level 75, which means that from 50 to 75, the skill point distribution should be 1 in Arrant lore, 1 in Arrant focus, 3 in constitution (you have 25 levels, and 3x25=75, enough for mastery). If you have like 45-50 hard points in bargaining at level 50, you can compensate with + all skills items for the next 25 levels. For example, at level 72 I have 171 combined points in bargaining, which serve me well :) I'll be adding more as soon as I get 75 in constitution for the mastery (although I have a temporary one, the HE will never have enough HPs, because she's so frail).

Edited by Dobri, 11 March 2009 - 05:06 AM.

Char status:

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#46 stubbie

stubbie

Carbon Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for posting this build dobri. :)

Since I bought Sacred 2 back late last year I have never been able to get an online HC toon past level 50.
A lot to do with my hopeless build ideas and also a lot to do with my rotten lag.

But by following this build I was able today to get my toon to level 75.
There have been some very anxious moments where I was hit so hard by the enemies that my mount died and I survived with just a dozen hit points.
And my space bar now has my finger prints firmly embedded in it.
But all that was due to me either rushing in to a fight or trying to type in chat in the middle of a battle. :)

This is a great build for HC and I highly recommend it to anyone suffering from lag.
That's because I always thought a defensive build would be best against lag. But as it turns out a very offensive build is far better.
Area of Effect and DOT type damage is perfect and that's what this build excels in with Blazing Tempest.

Its also a lot of fun to play.
The bargaining skill allows you to fine tune your character and makes trips to the merchants less tedious.
Adventuring is easy because of Shadow Step (great to jump rivers and down cliffs) and also gets you out of those frustrating root spells.
And with modifying Ancestral Fireball correctly you can play a ranger type character when you tire of just rounding up enemies with Blazing Tempest.
Incendiary Shower is perfect for bosses too.

Thanks again :cow_white:

#47 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

You're very welcome :)

The build is even more fun if you already have a shopper. Then you can take only EP as a utility skill and select CD or Riding to boost your attack or HP/def values. Gets even more powerful :cow_white:

Char status:

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#48 stubbie

stubbie

Carbon Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

The build is even more fun if you already have a shopper.

That would require building a separate toon up to the same level as your main :cow_white:
.......not enough gaming time and besides, my toons are death prone :)

Besides, this is a build to cover all bases.....which it does achieve pretty well. :)

It would be nice to have the riding skill though. ;)

Edited by stubbie, 14 April 2009 - 04:32 PM.

#49 maxbrickem

maxbrickem

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hey Dobri! excellent guide btw! this is my first HE and I wasn't sure how to play it, but I decided
to go with your guide and I must say it's pretty much perfect :) currently I'm level 41 with + 45 to all skills..
BT is just tearing through mobs and even champions! it's amazing and this is my first char. with bargaining too
I LOVE IT!! anyways I had a few questions though..I read all the replies to make sure I'm not repeating..but
you were saying you can kill bosses in 2 incendiary showers! That's crazy and I don't doubt it..but im not getting
those kinds of results... currently im killing grunwald dragon and griffin in silver mode...and it takes a lot of
incendiary showers to kill them and I have to constantly use pots, but I'm getting lots of greens so it's cool
but I was just wondering how you got it to that point! currently my IS is at level 9 742 dmg, I modded it
exactly like you said to.. and it has a regen time of 1.6 seconds - how can I two shot bosses?

secondly (sorry for all the questions!) I got the unique mount b/c it's so much faster to round up mobs
on a mount for me then just running - but I got the mount that gives -33.5% to arrant pyromancer regen times
but when I get on my mount my regen times INCREASE...is that a bug? what's goin on there...b/c on my shadow
warrior when I get on my mount with -33.5% malevolent champion, those skills reduce in regen time....anyways
thanks for takin the time to read this hope to hear from ya soon!
thx again for guide

#50 Katran

Katran

[D.a.r.k] Sacred 2 Clan Captain

• 3,820 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Welcome to FDM Maxbrickem. To help you with your questions.
1. level 9 IS on a 41lv HE is way way to low thats why you are not killing with 1 shots
2. Regen time going up when you are on a mount is not a bug its upsolutly normal even when you use a Pyro mount in your case. So dont worry about it plan your builds regen time with that in mind.
Posted Image

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Which is a problem.
If you are powerless.

- Drago Musevini, "Manifesto", CY 8433

#51 maxbrickem

maxbrickem

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

Welcome to FDM Maxbrickem. To help you with your questions.
1. level 9 IS on a 41lv HE is way way to low thats why you are not killing with 1 shots
2. Regen time going up when you are on a mount is not a bug its upsolutly normal even when you use a Pyro mount in your case. So dont worry about it plan your builds regen time with that in mind.

ahhh ok thanks. I can pretty much eat as many incandescent skin / invigorating runes to reduce regen times right?

#52 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

Well, be careful with them. Invigoration is a must and you can eat a ton of runes and still be fine. As for Skin, eat carefully. Eat like 2-3. See how it affects the regen times. If they increase, stop. If they decrease, eat more. Skin CA levels are sorta dodgy, so eat carefully :)

Char status:

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#53 maxbrickem

maxbrickem

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

Well, be careful with them. Invigoration is a must and you can eat a ton of runes and still be fine. As for Skin, eat carefully. Eat like 2-3. See how it affects the regen times. If they increase, stop. If they decrease, eat more. Skin CA levels are sorta dodgy, so eat carefully :)

Thanks for the welcome ! I am enjoying these forums..they are very informative.
Dobri was wondering, do you stick to the 2-3-5 second regen times for your skills? b/c it seems like even at 2.4 seconds I have to wait for regen
for IS to cast again, I feel like I can get more dmg off if I can continually spam it with no downtime-
also one more thing, what level is your arrant pyro HE and what CA level is IS and what is the regen time/dmg of it? thanks! I really appreciate the info

p.s. even though my question about my mount increasing regen times was answered im still wondering why that is?
on my SW his regen times for frenzied rampage goes down when I ride the mount b/c of the -33.5% to malevolent aspect...

but on my HE (-33.5% regen time for arrant pyro) the regen times for both BT and IS go up .3-.4 seconds when I mount it! it makes noooo sense to me at all...
some insight would be nice thanks in advance!!

#54 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

b/c it seems like even at 2.4 seconds I have to wait for regen
for IS to cast again, I feel like I can get more dmg off if I can continually spam it with no downtime-

-> The casting speed is a big factor here. If you can get it high enough, it's alright to spam the Combat Arts. However, if the casting animation is 1s, there isn't much merit in going below 1s regen time, because it won't matter. And besides, that 2-3-5 is a basic idea, because when you stock up on + all skills and high level Combat Arts the regen times will be more like: fireball under 1s, tempest 2s max, shower 2.3s max.

also one more thing, what level is your arrant pyro HE and what CA level is IS and what is the regen time/dmg of it?

-> My SP pyro is level 72, with 2.2 regen time on shower and 13x a little over 8000 damage from IShower. The CA... About level 70. That's all because I like to play with + all skills and I think I'm about +140 all skills already. I'm lazy and I don't want to check right now... It's 5AM :)

even though my question about my mount increasing regen times was answered im still wondering why that is?

-> Because the mount burdens your OVERALL (meaning all regen times, all aspects, INCLUDING PYRO) regen times by a certain value. If that value is ABOVE the value you get as a regen time reduction, you regen times will INCREASE. So let's say your mount burdens your regen times with +65% and in the same time reduces them by 33.5%. I'm not sure what the game mechanics are and which value is taken first, but your regen times will increase by at least 30%. That's the deal about having a mount and not using riding. I strongly suggest that you get as much Run Speed set gear, socket in some + all skills/run speed stuff and use it like that. My SP pyro HE has over 140% run speed - and my HC Closednet SW has about 142% run speed. Why would I need a mount? :)

but on my HE (-33.5% regen time for arrant pyro) the regen times for both BT and IS go up .3-.4 seconds when I mount it! it makes noooo sense to me at all...

-> It makes much sense. Having a mount comes at a price. As I said, that price is the overall increase in CA regen times. Always compare the 2 values (overall increase and innate mount decrease) of the regeneration times and decide whether it's wise to use a mount right now. It's simple mathematics :)

Edited by Dobri, 19 April 2009 - 09:12 PM.

Char status:

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#55 maxbrickem

maxbrickem

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

Oh ok thanks man, I guess I didn't notice the overall +regen times for ALL aspects-
thought it was just +regen time for everything other than Arrant pyro - makes sense now
ok cool well I will just keep going then --leveling and getting those +all skills and run speed upgrades
thx for takin the time to reply to a HE noobie even at 5 am! haha..seeya

#56 xhepera

xhepera

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for the guide! I'm a new player and have used this guide to very good effect so far. My main reason for following it was that there seemed to be so much in this game that was unexplained, and the self-sufficient High Elf build has really helped me learn the game and wrap my mind around some of the concepts and mechanics. I just hit level 35 and the guide suggests paying attention to Constitution at this point. My problem is that I need 5 points in one of the related skills in order to choose it. My question is should I just pump a quick 4 into Armor Lore in order to meet that requirement? Or should I investigate Spell Reistance? I've chosen gear, etc. that has kept my regen times lowish on the pyro arts, so I've not needed to add points to Armore Lore. It's only got the one original point (I think) plus what's gotten added through leveling. Anyone have any thoughts on what would be best? Thanks! :)

#57 Dobri

Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

Armor lore will do it :) Alterwards it's shield lore at level 60.

Char status:

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#58 xhepera

xhepera

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Armor lore will do it :) Alterwards it's shield lore at level 60.

Thanksmuch for the reply! I appreciate it. And thanks again for this great build. It's been quite a learning tool. :)

#59 HeavenlyClassic

HeavenlyClassic

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

just purchased Sacred 2 for the ps3.
chose the High Elf only to later find out it is not quite strong =/
soo,giving this a try ^^

Posted Image

#60 stubbie

stubbie

Carbon Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

-> It makes much sense. Having a mount comes at a price. As I said, that price is the overall increase in CA regen times. Always compare the 2 values (overall increase and innate mount decrease) of the regeneration times and decide whether it's wise to use a mount right now. It's simple mathematics :)

One other thing to consider. The mount gives a very helpful bonus, especially if you play HardCore.
If you receive severe damage the mount will die first and your toon will survive with a tiny amount of hp.
This has saved my toon on three occasions so far. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users