Sacred Guide: A slimmer, more powerful sera in five easy steps

Easy steps for new seraphim players:

1-

Stay active and exercise...don't read too much.

Careful with reading too many runes.

Reading too many has been the downfall of many a seraphim in Ancaria. Too many runes...too much regen!

Read one, and create booster slots out of your weapon slots.

Put in Weapons or Shields that can boost which ever particular CA you need to have boosted while casting a spell or using a combat ca

2-

A second on the lips...forever on the hips!

A good seraphim needs good conditioning.

Jogging's a girl's best friend.

When starting out...create a Speed booster slot...again...use a weapon slot with items that enhance movement speed.

For a seraphim with little defense...speed is of the essence.

An important mod like this CANNOT be left to chance when picking armor or other items for Damage or Defense.

Make sure you've got Speed...and you can make sure you've got it by creating a Speed slot.

3-

seraphim's LOVE magic...all those pretty colors and BIG lightning bolts...what girl can resist!

...so create a magic regen booster slot by again, using a weapon slot.

...this takes almost no time...and can shave off more than 75 % of the regen time off of spells!

Basically...you cast from your spell booster slot...then after the battle is over...switch to your magic regen booster slot...this enables EXTREMELY accelerated magic regen...so that by the time you arrive at your next battle... your WonderBabe is all freshened up with full power spells at her disposal!

4-

Multitask, Multitask, Multitask!

A good seraphim can do everything at once...and more!

Go Hybrid.

It's important NOT to discount the effects that Buffs can have.

seraphim's have NO defensive buffs with the exception of Light Shield (only against Arrows).

Use a highly powered booster slot to increase spell intensity by increasing the level of spell that is cast, then make sure you have a good rbol or light to leech back damage.

So many seras go all melee, not knowing that adding magic to her unique, magical repertoire adds variety, power and punch to the package!

Going Hybrid takes just a few adjustments.

1-Don't read more than a few spell runes

2-Create a spell regen booster slot

3-Always cast spells from your spell LEVEL booster slot (not to be confused with the spell regen booster slot!)

Done!

Now you're on the road to adding massive spell and buff capablities to your seraphim at NO cost to yer melee offensive.

5-

A little knowhow is a girl's best friend!

Understand...listed damage means nothing.

Only the damage that floats is real.

For damage to exist...there must be an attacker and and attackee.

It's that simple

So understand how resistance works...and make sure you've got the right weapon for the right job

Going against undead?

Stick to Fire and magic damage in this region:

For buffs stick to Light NOT rbol...more of it's damage is useful against the undead than rbol, because Light is pure magic...rbol...half phys and half magic.

Celestial light does wonders cuz it's pure magic.

And...make sure you know the damage your weapons are doing.

Against undead...stick to weapons using either fire, magic or a mix...those two will give you the highest yield against undead.

Good luck, and stay on the road to a slimmer, more powerful seraphim in just five easy steps!

Cheers!

:P

gogo

Dude, that's awesome :lol:

I think I will start a Seraphim.. just for you.. although I don't like that Girl very much..

For some Reason you made me HAVING to play a Seraphim :P

It's clearly written and -for me- doesn't leave any Questions open :D

Glad you like her

hehe, that was a little mini guide I just got from another forum I used to post at a ton, WNX. I figgered it's so fast to read it could help some peeps out and it's funny.

You don't think Victoria will get jealous do you?

:P

gogo

Yeah, that might be the Point. It's very easy and fast to read and still totally clear :lol:

Maybe Victoria-Sophie will be jealous, but I adore only her, until the End.. maybe she'll forgive me some Day :P

Preaching to the choir in my case! I have always been an advocate of a balanced Seraphim. I do defy the "too many runes" purposely. I typically over develop Hit Hard and Lightning Bolt to set up on a times 4 Combo key as a boss killer. I also tend to over develop BFG..for those rare cases I want a deadly mass range attack in select situations.

Interesting

I've never thought of pumping up a VERY high level of bfg and just have it there for tough areas. Is it that good?

:)

gogo

I think so...escpecially good for those area you really do not want to get close to things. Can even set it on combo so it can be used repeatedly if need be. Not the fastest ranged killer..but a safe one that is useful on any target and even masses. Plus the photon torpedoes of death are just cool.and you can swing it around like a long handled weapon. I have a more prudent stlye..and tend to not just go charging into things :P

Hi :drunkards:

Here is my seraphim Heavenly Device of Mass Destruction

(with flameskin from Schot)

angelofdestruction.jpg

BFG is a wonderful CA - and this time you dont really fear reading too much BFG runes.

Make a sword/shield slot. Preferably many sockets and bonus to BFG on the stuff itself. Socket it with +All CA or +BFG jewelry. When you cast BFG this sword/shield slot will vanish and you will have the BFG lance instead. This means that all the bonus you get from them is vanished too - so its not counted towards regen time - but you had theese bonuses at the time of the cast so the actual level of your BFG will be the higher one just showing a much lower.

Its a duration CA so you can read pretty much rune without the fear of too high regen.

BFG has really only big weakness - its very slow casting animation which (to my knowledge) cannot be reduced. A good build high level BFG seraphim can visit all areas - even with this problem - and shine everywhere. BFG has some kind of *armor piercing* effect and damage is pretty much he same everyehere so its not resisted too much. Damage is capped around 60k (without crit) but thats not a problem - you will shoot the balls pretty often and the balls go trough the ebenies hurting everything in their paths.

However BFG real shines from bronze till gold (plat can be owned too). When you start your new seraphim dont spare the time and hunt BFG runes for her. If you manage around 100 rune - she will be unstoppable. Read all of them and make a combo with 1 BFG and buy a lot of yellow potions. Now the hardest places will turn into your playground :drunkards: Buy a lot of red pots and drink them constantly while casting the combo and then start shooting. With some leech and crit this build I night unstoppable till plat. Very very powerful.

My BFG seraphim went to vot at level 14 and devastated the area pretty quickly - ofc she had BFG over level 100.

Ps.:

BFG is a very handy secondary attack for LHW seras. The attack speed of BFG is ruled by LHW so you wil already have the required lore an all you need is high concentration (which you will have) and some investment in BFG (which is pretty easy to do).

Ps2.

So Gogo GO FOR IT :drunkards:

• 5 months later...