Installing/running US and UK help!

Hello all :4rofl:

I have the UK international English CE installed with elite gfx right now. I just got a hold of the US collectors edition. I insert the first US disc and it does not give me the option to install. So it obviously sees that I have the game installed already.

My question is do I need to (somehow) force a second complete install of this version? Or can I just run the game as normal and then create a new account using the US key on the MP side? Will that screw anything up?

I tried creating another user account (running Vista Ultimate) and that didn't work. I tried exploring the disc and manually starting the setup .exe, and it still won't let me install the US with the other version on my computer.

Any ideas?

Heya Agent. I have both like you and can run US or UK from a single UK install. Just have to change your custom settings to point to either US servers or UK servers depending on which you want to play. :4rofl:

UK

network .lobby_ip = "eu.sacred2.net"
network .lobby_port = 6800

or

US

network .lobby_ip = "us.sacred2.net"
network .lobby_port = 6900

Awesome, thanks man! that was nice and painless :4rofl:

Now it's just a quick cfg switch on the desktop to swap where I go.

wow, there really is NOTHING happening on the US side O_o about 20 servers vs sometimes 200 on the EU side.

Awesome, thanks man! that was nice and painless :D

Guess you didn't see my post in your thread over in the SIF. :4rofl:

EDIT:

opps.....That what I get for checking D.A.R.K forum threads before checking into the SIF forum :blush:

glad it worked for you :)

Edited by stubbie
Awesome, thanks man! that was nice and painless :)

Now it's just a quick cfg switch on the desktop to swap where I go.

wow, there really is NOTHING happening on the US side O_o about 20 servers vs sometimes 200 on the EU side.

Agent, I'm glad you got the setup going. Man, is this game ever demanding on our patience huh ^^ I'm curious, why did you go and buy an american server copy rather than another EU? Did you know that American servers were much smaller population?

:P

gogo