What's the best Rune Hunter?

I was thinking making a left click only build and run it from horse...but now that I think about it I'm not sure the killing speed would be as fast as a ranged Dryad from levels 0 - 30.

you guys think anything else out there is as good?

Good think with the ranged dryad is that she pretty much will only use one rune to power the Darting Assault, and the bark I can keep low till level 30 - 40 and then kill her off and then restart her again as a rune machine... I need at least a thousand ^^

Ideas?

:P

gogo

gogo, unlike S1 Sacred 2 doesn't have any rune drop penalties caused by you reading runes. You'll get just as many if you read 500 as if you read none (at least according to a post by one of the devs)

Thanks Zinsho, but I need the runes for maxing my ca levels

I need a toon to grab up tons of runes for my other toons who I don't want to go up any higher in level until they get bolstered up with more runes for all their Combat Arts

I want to max Ca levels as uberly possible at lowest possible levels ^^

:)

gogo

I spoke with you a bit about this on-line...and while he may be a bit boring....I always have extra runes...when I mentioned that I traded them 4-to-1 or even sold them while I was playing one night, I think a few players fainted or were stunned into disbelieving silence lol

But making a Shadow Warrior using Shadow Veil and Skeletal Fortification should fix the rune shortage

Just level SV to level 25 (take Creep and Fade mods) Once it's at level 25 you have 100% invisibility using any CA. Since you're invulnerable you can get gear just for pumping SF damage. This way you keep regen down and use fewer runes. Just take Armor for regen penalty but don't take any other def skill (just don't LMB on an enemy-it hurts).

So now you have a low rune using invincible build

Edit: Don't use Nether Allegiance or Rallied Souls, any damage they take from Area of Effect's or Reflect mods will also hurt you

Edited by Knuckles

Probably a ranged Dryad, or inquisitor, or seraphim...

These ones are ranged so they can kill things without run everything down, then just run to and Q. Also those 3 have buffs that increase their chance to hit things. With a twink bow or laser gun pretty good. With inquisitor and seraphim you could also use some Combat Arts (Hold LMB and RMB) to help autotarget. Same with dryad.

Not that I have NOT much experience in the later levels of the game but I have filled my whole stash up with runes just leveling 6 characters to 18. The ranged characters dunno if its faster but its less frustrating than running everyone down!

Do enemies stop dropping runes at high level? Why not just grind some easy mobs with your favorite characters?

Do enemies stop dropping runes at high level? Why not just grind some easy mobs with your favorite characters?

Cause that would be sooo h9yboredom.gif

I'm like knuckles -- always have runes to spare and trade 4 for 1 or sell them, or give away. Ranged dryad: read 1 sinister predator, 1 ravaged impact, all the goldenglade I find (made a few of these too) and a few ancient bark.

All else is chaff - I've traded maybe 60, given away equally many and still hold well over 100. And I'm barely level 30 in silver still. They just keep dropping. If I were on eu, I'd pass them along gogo. Runes have never been a problem

I have one mule toon whose storage and backpack are full of runes and another mule half full. :o

I need more storage! :)

I wonder if either EP or survival bonus has any influence on the amount of runes you find?

Also if certain areas are more likely to drop runes? The bulk of my battles have been in the swamp.

I will try to keep an eye on these factors.