I have a question about an "Unique" item I got I guess

it was a 3 star club, and for one of the stats on it, it said "+4 to all combat art skills," and another stat that had, "-14.8 regeneration penalty" or something, which I assume is good.

1. I'm not sure if the +4 to all combat arts is doing anything. I look at my combat arts and their actual levels aren't changing. When I unequip and then equipped the item, the level of my combat arts all stayed the same, so I'm not sure what the "+4 to combat art skills" does. What does it do?

2. The regeneration of my combat arts ALL had their regeneration/cooldowns decreased. What this the "+4 to combat art skills," or the "-14.8 regeneration penalty" that did this, or was it both that reduced the cooldown/regeneration?

3. If the "+4 to combat art skills" does something and is working like intended, how come it doesn't change my shadow warrior's nether allegiance combat art's skeleton spectral soldier levels? The spectral soldier's resistance and level stay the same, regardless if I equip the club or not.

Somebody said the "+ to all combat art skills" is broken on another website.

4. is it broken on just the consoles or something?

5. What about items with "+ to ALL skills" or "+ to defensive skills." Do they work fine?

6. Are the developers aware of this and eventually say they're going to try and fix it in a patch?

Ah the thing about this mod, "Combat Art Skills", is that it is increasing skills that affect a combat art. So if you are playing a Shadow Warrior then that modifier will increase all of his Shadow Warrior#Combat_Art_Skills:. This can have an effect on your regen times and in some cases even Combat Art levels. For example if you were to read so many runes of a particular combat art that it's level no longer went up because of the penalty imposed then increasing a Focus skill for the combat art using "Combat Art Skills" could in fact raise the combat art level by reducing the penalty. Kinda tricky but it certainly works. However... Most people use "+ all skills" to do the same thing.

There is another similar item modifier, "Combat Art" +X but it's intention is to do what you are wanting. Simply to increase all combat art levels. However the penalty system still applies to this mod.

Ah the thing about this mod, "Combat Art Skills", is that it is increasing skills that affect a combat art. So if you are playing a Shadow Warrior then that modifier will increase all of his Shadow Warrior#Combat_Art_Skills:. This can have an effect on your regen times and in some cases even Combat Art levels. For example if you were to read so many runes of a particular combat art that it's level no longer went up because of the penalty imposed then increasing a Focus skill for the combat art using "Combat Art Skills" could in fact raise the combat art level by reducing the penalty. Kinda tricky but it certainly works. However... Most people use "+ all skills" to do the same thing.

There is another similar item modifier, "Combat Art" +X but it's intention is to do what you are wanting. Simply to increase all combat art levels. However the penalty system still applies to this mod.

I'm kind of confused. So if I don't have the skill for a certain combat aspect, the "+ to all combat arts" will do nothing to that tree?

What I mean is, I have the skills astral lord lore, astral lore focus, and the malavaloent champion focus tree. The "+ to all combat art skills" mod will affect those two trees since I have the skills for them, but it won't affect the other tree, which I don't have skill points into?

So this is working as intended?

That's exactly it flamechamp. It will only have an effect on the skills you have chosen with regards to Combat Art skills. For Combat Arts of which you have not chosen relevant Combat Art skills there will be no benefit. Keep in mind that it will increase the Combat Discipline, Concentration and Ancient Magic skills as well if you have chosen them.

That's exactly it flamechamp. It will only have an effect on the skills you have chosen with regards to Combat Art skills. For Combat Arts of which you have not chosen relevant Combat Art skills there will be no benefit. Keep in mind that it will increase the Combat Discipline, Concentration and Ancient Magic skills as well if you have chosen them.

good work. I am slowing understand this stuff.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=620268

is this guy confused/wrong?

It seems as though he is mistaking "Combat Art Skills" with "Combat Arts" but I can't really confirm if there is a problem since I don't have the console version. But if you could check it out and let us know that would be awesome flamechamp. :(

And yes. There's a whoooole lot to learn. Funny cause I remember going through the same question of this modifier when I first started playing.

+Combat Art Skills also increases skill points in Warding Energy Lore. Maybe even more skills. It would be nice to have a list for all the skills this great mod increases....it is by far one of the best mods in the game in my opinion. :(

It would be nice to have a list for all the skills this great mod increases...

Don't we have one on wiki? There it can be confusing though. In that formatting, both Combat Art skills and Aspect skills are "combat art skills".

This great mod increases 34 skills :(

great, now my actual skills' levels aren't improving anything. Nothing is effected when I have the weapon equipped. Absolutely nothing. Skills like astral lord lore, focus, concentration aren't affected, from what I can tell with their stats. Skill levels or stats aren't changed.

What is going on?

Viper: It shouldn't increase warding energy lore, I know +defensive skills increases that.

These are to the skills themselves, not to the combat arts, if they increase other than what is listed next to them below then they are doing something unusual, since the skills are separated the way they are on purpose.

+Combat Art Skills = The first 'section' of skills on the skill sheet (Lore/Focus skills, Concentration etc)

+Offensive Skills = Specific Weapon Lores, Tactics Lore, Speed Lore, etc

+Defensive Skills = All the yellowish skills: Armor Lore, Toughness, Warding Energy, etc

+General Skills = All the green ones (Bargaining, Blacksmith, Riding, Enhanced Perception...)

------

+All Skills = All of the above

Aspect: <Aspect Name> +X = Combat Arts in the selected aspect get +X

------

+All Combat Arts = To all combat arts you have, regardless of aspect.

You should see Astral Lord Lore etc increase by the +4 from your weapon (the skill level will turn blue). If they aren't then there is a bug in that regard.

I'm 100% positive +Combat Art Skills increases Warding Energy Lore for Seraphim. :)....also increases focus, lores, combat art lvls....and a few more skills as well...not sure of them all yet.

Viper, I doubt it increases CA levels, except by virtue of increasing your focus level (which increases max CA level), if it does then they've really confused their mechanics.

As to Warding Energy Lore, I know that +Defensive skills increases the Skill itself for Temple Guardians, however +Devout Guardian Focus will increase my Warding Energy Level (and Tactics might as well if it has any effect on total shield value, the same as +Revered Lore might increase shield values, I haven't actually tested to see this)

I think it is bugged. this is on the xbox 360 version and nothing is changed. My astral lord focus and astral lord lore, for example, have 17 and 23 skill points into them. When I have the weapon with "+ 4 to all combat arts," they aren't effected at all. The skill level and stats for both astral lord focus and astral lord lore are the same.

This is really frustrating.

+ Combat Arts affects CA level

+ Combat Art Skills affects skills like Focuses/Lores, Ancient Magic and Concentration

So I don't know if you mistyped flamechamp, but in your last post your CA lvls would have increased not your Aspect skills with the mod + 4 To All Combat Arts

And yes this game can be pretty confusing :)

+ Combat Arts affects CA level

+ Combat Art Skills affects skills like Focuses/Lores, Ancient Magic and Concentration

So I don't know if you mistyped flamechamp, but in your last post your CA lvls would have increased not your Aspect skills with the mod + 4 To All Combat Arts

And yes this game can be pretty confusing :)

just went on, it says "+ 4 to all combat arts."

I just looked at all my combat arts, they don't change. The only thing that does change is the regeneration decreasing, but the weapon also has "-14.8% regeneration" so I'm not sure what is decreasing the regeneration. The damage for all my combat arts, aren't affected, however. I looked at their levels and stats, they just don't change.