X-Men 3 with spoilers

Any of you guys have watched or planning to watch?

Just watched it an hour ago and all I can say is that it is the most dissapointing of all my most awaited movies. 3 lead characters died and in very unrealistic ways as far as I'm concerned. The effects were still awesome but the story was quite simple. And who ever said this is the last of the trilogy. A footage coming after all the credits seem to indicate another X Men movie. /mad /mad /mad

nice comments you have there C.!

The movies will start this Friday....

Wow! I was planning to watch it....But Sci-Fi movies aren't always good. Thanks!

Hmmm! guess I will saving the money for more cigars /devil /woot

Guest gogoblender

Wil definitely see this

X men have always been my favorite toons cept fer the fantastic four and I just love all the dif kinds of powers and special effects.

Wow, cykes sorry to hear you didn't connect with all that much man

I hope I fare better

:)

gogo

Who said some of the X-Men die? Sure the Professor exploded, but then, somebody didn't sit around after the credits. Plus, it's only assumed that Cyclops was killed. Did anybody actually see him die?

And the comment that the movie sucks, well I couldn't disagree with that more. It was an interesting story based on some very real issues. It played out as a very good continuation of a series, and I personally can't wait for X-Men 4.

My only complaint was that they didn't use Colossus as much as they should have.

I agree about colossus..being that he is my favorite x-man..seems all he was was a stinking catapult for wolverine! /diablo and with all this special affects they have now..why couldnt they make pheonix more graphical? like geez man make the flaming bird in the background of jean and shoot out fireballs or something! /mad

Who the hell thought it be right to make rogue bobby's girl? /shok and why cant she fly? /wacko cant she lift 50 tons? why would she need colussus' help to avoid some flying debris? where the hell is gambit? rogue is no longer a mutant? man she wanted to get laid that bad?

Oh and I gotta play the x-men game to find out why nightcrawler isnt in the movie? /sick Holy Hannah!? and what idiot thought up the dumb idea to put an important part of the ending at the end of all the credits? what was he thinking?.."yea we gonna put this part of the movie at the end of the credits" why? so the few ppl who do stay for some god awful weird @ss reason tell the ones who didnt stay that they missed it so that prompts them to go pay again just to see it? hmm I guess I better call that guy a genious instead of an idiot then. :)

Oh another part I didnt understand..the part in the movie where juggernought hit the wall and flies back knocked out..did the guys at marvel forget that jugger is not a mutant and his powers derives from a ring? or glove or sumthing I dont remember right now, but anyway he isnt a mutant so why going next to this boy who supposed to make "MUTANT" genes disappear make the juggernought, the most devestating, unstoppable force in the marvel world look like a wimp?

Oh im not done I got more gripes /viking Angel..what a wimp man! they should have used him when he was turned into arch angel..now that would have been entertaining. well maybe we will see that in X4..hopefully...im getting tired of magneto..dont get me wrong I loved the actor that plays magneto, but not as magneto..as Gandulf he da bomb, but hes no magneto..neto aint that old looking geez! :)

Id like to see Apocalype or Mister Sinister in the next movie. that would juice stuff up..the next plot should be the sentinel series..with bishop and forge and have logan and orroro hit it off..but please in the name of all thats holy don't give storm a mohawk!! :P

Well enuff from me..I gotta say alot of the movie was disappointing, but the special affects and the beating of wolverine by jugger and the beasts fighting scenes rocked! /woot

Colossus rocked.

They initially put some CG in for the Phoenix with fire and all that jazz, but during editing, it looked cheesy and they took it out. I think it was a good call because there would have been more complaints if it looked bad.

Rogue couldn't fly because she didn't absorb the powers of that one super heroine (I forget who she was). She'll be a mutant again, in X4.

Gambit will probably be in X4.

Nightcrawler should have been there.

The Juggernaut was made a mutant for this because they didn't wanted him to be a mutant and not someone with magic.

Angel... what did you expect? But he is one of the original 5 X-Men and will be in the next movie.

I'm not huge on X-Men history, but I think you're getting most of your info from the 90s cartoon, which has been altered a little as well. It's good to see people explain there points though. B)

hello Andr007,

naw man most of my history derives from the comics themselves..oh oh does that show im a comic freak? :)

about rogue..yea m8 I know she didnt absorb Ms. Marvel's powers permenantly yet, but why not just put it in the movie alrdy...why go thru 3 movies and no awesome powers. btw rogue is my girl! /lmao :) /guns

oh and it would have been nice of professor X to say hello to his brother jugger lol. he just passed him by like he nobody /shok

Guest gogoblender

Well...I'm a huge fan of the xmen

for good or worse I'm off to the theeaters this weekend to see this pic

hope I have enough of a good mind set to appreciate the heroes in this huge battle.

Woot!

:)

gogo

I rather enjoyed the movie.

I found that it was one of the first super hero/comic book movies to actually FEEL like a comic book. It was absurd, had ridiculous power uses and stunts and the battle scenes were very comic-y. I wasn't entirely happy with everything, of course, but it was an interesting take on things. Obviously it's not true to the comic stories, but, that was firmly established with X-Men the Movie and further entrenched with X-2... but then, none of the adaptions from the original comic story have stayed quite true either, you have to expect it.

The major thing I disliked was how quickly the movie wrapped up. There's a HUGE mutant/normal battle with lots of casualties, tonnes of tension between the two factions and all kinds of, in essence, racial tension... then suddenly that all disappears, we have a happy appointment of a mutant to the UN and everything is socially sunshine...

Yeah, that's a good ending idea, but it's not something that should occur without some sort of reconciliation between the two battling factions. That reconciliation isn't there, so the change is abrupt and absurd.

Other than that, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I'd love to see the development of Archangel in the future, but I doubt that'll happen. Nightcrawler also needs to see more action and development. Phoenix was underutilized and somewhat altered, but still not too bad.

Waiting for X4.

damn, main bald guy in the wheelchair died, the dude with sun-classes that shoots crap with that red light died and jane died.

the girl that has the highlights lost her power, the women that turns into anyone she wants lost her power...

the guy that controls metal lost his powers but at end seemed to start to get them back.

your posts were too long to read, so dont know if someone else allready said it, so I just went ahead

Guest gogoblender
I rather enjoyed the movie.

I found that it was one of the first super hero/comic book movies to actually FEEL like a comic book. It was absurd, had ridiculous power uses and stunts and the battle scenes were very comic-y. I wasn't entirely happy with everything, of course, but it was an interesting take on things. Obviously it's not true to the comic stories, but, that was firmly established with X-Men the Movie and further entrenched with X-2... but then, none of the adaptions from the original comic story have stayed quite true either, you have to expect it.

The major thing I disliked was how quickly the movie wrapped up. There's a HUGE mutant/normal battle with lots of casualties, tonnes of tension between the two factions and all kinds of, in essence, racial tension... then suddenly that all disappears, we have a happy appointment of a mutant to the UN and everything is socially sunshine...

Yeah, that's a good ending idea, but it's not something that should occur without some sort of reconciliation between the two battling factions. That reconciliation isn't there, so the change is abrupt and absurd.

Other than that, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I'd love to see the development of Archangel in the future, but I doubt that'll happen. Nightcrawler also needs to see more action and development. Phoenix was underutilized and somewhat altered, but still not too bad.

Waiting for X4.

nice critical essay on the movie Ankhanu

I myself am really into finding my own personal connection with a movie. And noting ways in which a movie can or cannot connect with my previously held concepts of an idea is a great way for me to understand what I'm seeing.

I"m liking all the points you brought up about this movie tackling so much, with all the different kinds of tensions.

Will see this tommorrow and I'm holding out for simply entertaining fare.

I love the whole comic mythology and it's rare that I'm dissapointed

good post

:D

gogo

There was some stuff after the final credits?

Ahh crap!

Yeah, I was also a bit disappointed (although I don't know any of the X-men Lore), killing so many of the main character's off was kinda annoying...

I thought it was a pretty decent xmen movie. I really liked juggernaut, storm was much better this time, and although it seems like they killed off quite a few characters (or just removed their powers) most of that can be fixed in the next movie. The loss of powers turns out to be temporary, so those characters will be back, the one who was disintegrated was reincarnated after the credits, the phoenix probably cant die and the other death was off screen. All in all its conceivable that they could put things back the way they were before the movie happened, which would be a very comic-book-esk thing to do.

I agree with about all of the critical items here. I think they could have done a lot better ! I mean, let's be honest - Kelsey Grammer is no action hero, when the Beast jumped, it almost looked like T2's motercycle stunt ! Why they had to remove Cyclops as one of the main chars beats me - think how much he could have contributed at the end ?

Rogue could have left when she did, turned bad for a while, steal Ms. Marvel's powers and come back as an actual cool character and not some pansy reachin' out and touchin' somebody...

I think they put a dent in sales of x4 with this one...

Well, it still won't stop me buying a ticket next time ! From what I can gather, X3 was the end of a trilogy. They recon that many, many more X-men movies are possible. I think X4 should feature Sinister. So there could be at least a 4 & 5. Then Apocolypse movies could be at least 2 in 'present' and 2 in future. That makes an additional 6 movies and they'll have my money for every one !

I missed the bit at the end, I had to dodge the stampede and my wife *says in a maoning voice* "needed the ladies" - sheeeeesh. That's after noticing, rather to my embarrisment, in a loud voice : "Why is that guy blue ?". So I stomped\got stomped out of the cinema filled with a teeny bit of rage...