Kobold Chieftain

Searched for help here but I couldn't find it.

Can someone please offer some advice on the Kobold Chieftain quest? I've tried 3 characters (Shadow Warrior, Dryad, High Elf) and at various levels from <5 to >20, but the boss appears to scale with level, and I cannot come close to beating him.

Is there a trick to beating him that I'm missing? He regenerates faster than I can damage him, and even when I get a crit or 2, he'll catch and stun me, then heal up while I'm stunned.

If I'm reading the screen correctly (clicking in left thumb stick), he's protected from fire? So that might explain why my pyro elf can't touch him, but it seems my dryad should have been able to damage him.

Since I seem to be the only person struggling with this quest, I'm sure it's due to a misunderstanding of how sacred works. I'm a longtime Diablo2 and World of Warcraft player, it's painful to feel so incompetent on the first quest here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Searched for help here but I couldn't find it.

Can someone please offer some advice on the Kobold Chieftain quest? I've tried 3 characters (Shadow Warrior, Dryad, High Elf) and at various levels from <5 to >20, but the boss appears to scale with level, and I cannot come close to beating him.

Is there a trick to beating him that I'm missing? He regenerates faster than I can damage him, and even when I get a crit or 2, he'll catch and stun me, then heal up while I'm stunned.

If I'm reading the screen correctly (clicking in left thumb stick), he's protected from fire? So that might explain why my pyro elf can't touch him, but it seems my dryad should have been able to damage him.

Since I seem to be the only person struggling with this quest, I'm sure it's due to a misunderstanding of how sacred works. I'm a longtime Diablo2 and World of Warcraft player, it's painful to feel so incompetent on the first quest here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I beat him at level 17 with a SW, I used a 2H Axe 65 - 81 I think, Im Specced 17 Tactics Lore, Death Warrior 10, Malevalent Chapion 5, Hafted 4, and something else, please forgive me if my numbers are off. I played on bronze and he was cake, but when I played on Silver, he was exponentially harder and I ran into a similiar situation to yourself. This is what I did to beat him:

First I killed all the mobs around him first, I couldn't tell if they were healing him. Once dead (at least the casters) I focused on the big guy:

1) Used a lot of potions

2) Used 3 CA attaches: Demonic Blow, Scything Sweep and Frenzied Rampage

3) Had 2 Buffs Up

4) Killing Spree used when possible

hacking away at him worked but it took a few minutes and he regen'd a few times at about 15% by another 10%. I will also mention I upgraded anyting with slots at a blacksmith that I could with % for Crit and Extra Damage. Overall, I really enjoyed the fight as being difficult and look forward to Gold and beyond.

I hope this helps, If I had to guess, I would say my Crits played a huge role and not spamming a single attack as well.

He heals fast. I had problems at first as well. You need to hit him hard with Combat Arts and avoid getting hit yourself (actually, that works wonders everywhere - hehe). Ues an elemental damage - ice or poison are good against him. Get your to hit up as high as you can, and get good armor to avoid being stunned in return.

I beat this boss no problem with my seraphim... not sure what level I was at the time.

Came back for another go at him with a 5th level Dryad... not a hope in hell. He couldn't kill me as I regenerate health fast enough, but I was having the same problem with him. He's a tough SOB.

I just spammed meteors on him. My regen times are low so my meteors almost overlap. He may be tough but no boss can handle my meteors.

Incendiary shower -

Regen 2.3

level 25 (9 runes)

11 meteors, 2305 per meteor.

Thats me at level 48. MY regen time was the same was I fought him, but obviously the damage was a little lower at level 15/20.

How? Use as many +all skills as you can. My AP lore is 48 base but is level 102. I socket pretty much everything with 1 regen time and 1 all skills

It sounds as though you may need to increase your Attack rating. If you are using melee weapons (swords/halfted weapons) your strength will help to increase your attack rating. If you are using ranged weapons, your dexterity will increase your attack. Some of the skills that you select will also help to boost your attack, such as Sword Lore, Halfted Lore and Ranged Lore. There are also numerous items that can help to boost your attack. I believe someone else already suggested this, but if you can, socket magic, poison or ice into your weapon/s, as the Kobold Chieftain is weak versus these types of elemental damage.

Try to keep in mind that all of the bosses, including the mini bosses, have a high defense compared to regular mobs, which decreases your chance to hit them. Having a high attack rating helps you out by allowing your character to hit a boss more consistently.