I'm a total Sacred noob

So, yesterday, on a whim I picked up Sacred 2 on XBOX360 because I was looking for a fun co-op game that my roomie and I could play together.

However, I've found the skills/CAs/Mod points, etc system rather confusing. I've been reading posts and trying to figure things out but not having much luck.

So, here's my questions...hope you experienced ones can help out.

I'm playing an Inqy and my roomie is playing a HE for the shadow campaign. We'll probably try out a Seraphim and a Dryad for the light campaign.

1. I've read in places that talk about don't 'eat' runes for any CAs and then others that seem to so I'm completely confused on that one. If I learn a skill with a rune, if I use another one it goes up in strength?

2. We started in bronze last night and honestly, it's a complete cake walk. With the exception of the kobold chief guy (which took us about 10 minutes at level 5 to kill because he regen'ed so fast and kept changing targets randomly). Is this to be expected for the bronze level in general? I like a good challenge so would hate to get bored with the ease of it and miss out on a fun game.

3. From what I've read, Bargaining seems like a great skill. I'm assuming that only one of us would need to pick it up to benefit both of us?

4. Lastly, if there was any one thing you wish you would have known or done the first time you were playing, what would that be? I'm sure there are all sorts of tips/tricks but which one was most beneficial for you?

Thanks for all the help. I was rather surprised at the size of the community so really hoping for one of those games that makes the hours seem like minutes.

Hi and Welcome :)

In Sacred 1 you would find less runes if you 'ate' too many...though this does not seem to matter in Sacred 2...Your Combat Arts get stronger as you invest runes or find equipment with that CA mod on it. Hover over the icon of the CA while in Combat Arts screen and you can see present/next level stats

Bronze is meant to be easy...it is for players new to the game and/or genre to get accustomed to the controls/gameplay without dying too much and becoming frustrated. I would advise heading straight to Silver.

Bargaining is a great skill and really only one toon needs it if you both play together all the time. Finding equip for out-of-class toons can be a pain...but finding rings/amulets is usually what most people shop for. To really make it easier, one of you should get Bargaining and the other Blacksmithing.

Hmmm...one thing I wish I knew....that portals don't transfer between campaign/freeplay modes or to next difficulty

I'll give my 2 cents as well. :)

1. Yes if u read another rune the combat art increases in power but ALSO increases the regen time making it take longer to cast. That is why you have to be very careful not to read to many until you get a feel for the regen times. It sucks having an awesome combat art with a regen time of 20 seconds. That is just to long to have to wait on recast.

2. Bronze is way to easy for me. Like Knuckles suggests I'd skip it and go straight to silver.

3. Bargaining is a great skill. But if your inquisitor friend takes it he will mainly see only gear for his character. Sometimes he will see HE gear but not very often. He can shop you relics/rings/amulets very easily though.

4. Tactics Lore allows you to mod weapon based combat arts just like Magic Lores allow you to mod magic based combat arts. I didn't take tactics lore on my first character and regret this big time.

^^

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, I've read that blacksmithing isn't working on consoles so that's a no go. Although I'm not completely certain what it does actually.

What are relics for? We found some last night but they only seem to increase some armor or something. We were a bit confused on those also. Are they used in sockets in weapons/armor? Are rings, etc used this way also or just worn? Thought I read something about that but could easily be confused.

Since bargaining will really only benefit the player that takes it, seems like it's a staple skill for both of us when it comes to armor/weapon options?

At what levels do I get new skills? I know I only get 10 so was curious on the increments. Thanks again for all the help. I'll definitely remember the tip on tactics lore since I'm planning on melee!

Sorry...yes blacksmithing is broken on consoles right now

Relics are used to increase your elemental resistances, I.e. magic, ice, fire, poison. They cannot be socketed but rings and amulets can depending on socket color.

You get new skills at lvls 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 18, 25, 35, 50 and 65.

Sorry...yes blacksmithing is broken on consoles right now

Relics are used to increase your elemental resistances, I.e. magic, ice, fire, poison. They cannot be socketed but rings and amulets can depending on socket color.

You get new skills at lvls 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 18, 25, 35, 50 and 65.

Thanks a lot!

Going to start again as silver later tonight.

1. I've read in places that talk about don't 'eat' runes for any CAs and then others that seem to so I'm completely confused on that one. If I learn a skill with a rune, if I use another one it goes up in strength?

Generally, what people will complain about (Mostly the ones who dont know how to play an ARPG) is the regen time for skills go up. However if you put the right skills and mods on CAs, you can keep your regen time down low. Its just a trade-off. More power for less casts. Really though, if you just balance your runes out you can get uber powerful skills with 1 second regen times.

2. We started in bronze last night and honestly, it's a complete cake walk. With the exception of the kobold chief guy (which took us about 10 minutes at level 5 to kill because he regen'ed so fast and kept changing targets randomly). Is this to be expected for the bronze level in general? I like a good challenge so would hate to get bored with the ease of it and miss out on a fun game.

Bronze is the newbie learning area. Start over on Silver because you wont get Gold without beating Silver

3. From what I've read, Bargaining seems like a great skill. I'm assuming that only one of us would need to pick it up to benefit both of us?

It is. When it is mastered the number of items offered in stores increases and the chances of better equipment increases too.

4. Lastly, if there was any one thing you wish you would have known or done the first time you were playing, what would that be? I'm sure there are all sorts of tips/tricks but which one was most beneficial for you?

That you press LT instead of RT to access the BS and RT stores >.>

Bargaining is absolutely worth taking for both characters, as it will help you a lot with class specific items.

Relics do provide resistance to various elements, but they also serve an important function: They boost your skills. Pay attention to what skills the relics boost as they can make a big difference!

As Viper already pointed out, Tactics Lore is ridiculously useful on any character who uses combat arts. If taken right off the bat, you can have one of your Combat Arts fully modded by level 6. Not to mention the extra damage helps...

Speaking of mods, something I wasn't aware of until my third character is when modding your Combat Arts you don't have to stick with one particular path. You can change between the two as you go. Makes a big difference on how useful your abilities are.

Enjoy the game and the site. :Just_Cuz_21:

Being a complete n00b as well I have few questions that I'm sure you guys could answer.

1. What are Buffs I see that list by certain skills and items

2. When I go to details on an Item it has a bar that is sometimes all yellow or half yellow and red or even Blue. What does all that mean?

3. Can I move my Bronze character to the Silver, or do I have to start over again?

Buffs are Combat Arts that are on permanently, like Grim Resilience, Battle Stance etc. Usually each Aspect has one. While on buffs effect the regen of all Combat Arts

The color is showing you what type of protection the item offers (if a weapon it shows type of damage)

Yellow = Physical

Red = Fire

Cyan = Ice

Green = Poison

Dark Blue = Magic

You can move your character anytime you want to Silver....but if doing Campaign mode your quest progress will not transfer to next difficulty

Buffs are Combat Arts that are on permanently, like Grim Resilience, Battle Stance etc. Usually each Aspect has one. While on buffs effect the regen of all Combat Arts

The color is showing you what type of protection the item offers (if a weapon it shows type of damage)

Yellow = Physical

Red = Fire

Cyan = Ice

Green = Poison

Dark Blue = Magic

You can move your character anytime you want to Silver....but if doing Campaign mode your quest progress will not transfer to next difficulty

Oh ok, so I guess it a bar is half yellow half red you are getting physical and fire damage?

Important note: Keep an eye on buffs, I am not sure about XBOX but my buffs disable everytime I get on and off a mount, so you might have to recast them when you dismount.

Map data and teleports also do not transfer, but mobs are harder and experience flies when you do the transfer. Its pretty safe just to move to silver after you get the hang of things and beat the kobold chieftan.

Have a blast:)

Have a big TV. SMall TV + full zoom out for co-op = the sucks

Yes this is the only downside, even on a 40 inch I found the top down view with co op really small. It was fun but you lose a lot of the enjoyment of getting new gear and actually seeing what it looks like on your character.

I did not check to see if I can play with the camera zoom via the option, but I was not able to zoom in with the controller.

This was slightly a let down I have to say but it was probably the easiest to implement.